Roster progress report, and plans for your roster

Comments

• DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Loosie said:
    Silver Surfer is the only one out of that group that doesn't have a 4* feeding it.
    Good news! Mr. Fantastic was updated in January and feeds Silver Surfer. 
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    DarthDeVo said:
    Loosie said:
    Silver Surfer is the only one out of that group that doesn't have a 4* feeding it.
    Good news! Mr. Fantastic was updated in January and feeds Silver Surfer. 
    Ah thanks! I had forgotten about that. Was basing it off Gamependium which does have that chart updated yet.

Also the good news is relative...my Mr. Fantastic is only at 1/1/3 :neutral:
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    SHIELD Level 140

Day 1196.

Roster slots: 182/183

5 stars: All 34 rostered. That's right, I finally nabbed all the 5-stars. Hela wasn't nabbed in my mini-hoard, but was on the final day she was a required character in one of the new stories. Right after her first, I nabbed another cover for her and then the long sought for Doc Ock. Kitty got leveled to 330 to make her easier to find on my roster, otherwise they are all at 315.

4 stars: 58 now champed. Hulkbuster, X-Force Deadpool, Nick Fury were among the new champs. X-Force because he is a terrific pairing with Bishop and Iceman. Flaptain was also champed because he had nine covers. Namor now has 13 covers and so we're down to Magik as bonus hero. 4-star Thanos has six covers so he'll be next on the roster climb.

3 stars:All 3-stars rostered and continue with leveling those now with more than 15 covers as I have the ISO. This is slowly becoming a farm to ladder climbing output.

2 stars: Active farming continues here.
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2019
    I'm now on Day 981 (so about 5 months after my previous update), SHIELD Rank 162 (an increase of 14).

:star: 
    Juggernaut + 3 BWs with 5 blue for Alliance TUs. 
    :star::star:
    All part of the champ farm. (I've started keeping two max champed copies and one dupe of each.) Bagman at level 130 (increase of 21) 
    :star::star::star:
    All max champed. Many dupes.
    :star::star::star::star:
    82 champed (7 new champs since last update) 
    The only ones left to champ are: Taskmaster (level 168 4/5/4), Spider-Ham (level 168 3/3/5)
    :star::star::star::star::star:
    5 champed: 5trange, Okoye, Thor, Kitty, Thano5
    11 fully covered but not champed: AA, Beardcap, Cable (new), DD (new), Gambit, GEDoom (new), IM46 (new), JJ, KP (new), Loki, RR
    1 at 12 covers: Wa5p (5/5/2)
    1 at 11 covers: PHX (5/1/5)
    3 at 10 covers: Bolt (3/4/3), CM (3/3/5), Hela (3/2/5)
    All rostered except 5torm, who I'm sure I'll get soon enough

The biggest change is that I finally champed my 5*s. I got sick of getting hit by Gritty teams in PVP without being able to hit back, so I champed five 5*s in one go. I'm really enjoying 5* land so far. PVE is much faster, and PVP is still fun. We'll see if I get sick of using the same teams or not lol
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    CT1888 said:
    5*
    21 champs (+ 2 Phoenix & Captain Marvel) 
    12 covers: Kingpin (280 feeder), Black Bolt (18 Medusa, -3), and First Avenger (18 Peggy, -4) 
    10 covers: Banner (340+ feeder req) and Ironman (47 WM - 3) 
    9 covets: Black Widow (58 Widows) Hawkeye (51 Kates and 100 days or so till his shield drop) Archangel (340 feeder) 
    8 covers: Green Goblin (84 Sandmen)
    Kingpin 12 (+1 saved) cover (+6) rolled out of latest at GED 12 covers with 1 saved - 5/2/6 (+6) Carol at 452 8 covers from draws, 7 covers from feeders (new) Hela at 1 (New)

4*
    Nebula still to champ
    4 most recent in various states of building, along with Taskmaster and Spiderham.
    Using BH to get new characters to 209 and to target feeders to finish off classic 5*s, as I've dragged R&G to over 350. 21 Medusas to go, then I'll shift to Peggy.

3*
    Its there. 

2*
    So is this

1*
    And this
    5*

23 champed (+2, GED & Strange) 
    12 covers: Dr Strange (a 280 feeder would finish him), Black Bolt (21 Medusa, -4), and First Avenger (22 Peggy, -3) 
    10 covers: Banner (340+ feeder req) and Ironman (50 WM) 
    9 covets: Black Widow (53 Widows) Hawkeye (102 Kates) Archangel (340 feeder) 
    Kingpin 12 (+1 saved) cover (+6) Carol at 461 (+9) Hela at 2/4/3 (+8) Rescue 1 cover (new)  no Storm yet.

4*
    Still waiting for green cover to champ Nebula. 
    Thanos 4/3/3, Ronin and Creed 1/3/3 both BH till 209, then Creed till champed. Looking forward to using him in sim with Thorkoye.

1 - 3*
    They exist. 

Plans. 
    Hoard for 2 weeks till Storm hits Latest. Or use CP for Classics. 
    Maybe. 
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    I've got 73 or 74 4* champions now (most recent one was Jubilee I think). Prowler is my most covered non-champed normal 4* with eleven covers. I do have twelve covers for Howard, but I'll have to wait for the next run of Webbed Wonder for a chance to get that final cover.

I've also just champed my third 5*, Doctor Strange, to go with Phoenix and JJ. Next up is Black Bolt if I can find one more non-black cover. Not sure who would be next after BB. It'll take a good long while, whoever it is.
  • spidyjedi84
    SHIELD Level 140

Day 1236.

Roster slots: 181/187

5 stars: All 36 rostered. Nabbed two covers of Storm in her vault and Rescue when she entered latests. No champs here, nor anyone more than half the way to that magical 13. Kitty is current BH, but only because I want a few more in her purple covers.

4 stars: 62 now champed. Th4nos, Moon Knight and I want to guess Nick Fury were the most recent. I've gotten to a point where my 14 level 209 are stagnating in collecting saved covers and most the ones at 209 are not a priority to boost until they have 10 saved covers. Magik is now at 12 covers. Ronin is my BH to see if I can nab three more covers before current SHIELD Training ends, then we'll chase Sabretooth and then Black Cat.

3 stars:All 3-stars except Angel are now rostered. Luke Cage and Iron Fist were recently rechamped, and I'm looking as Spider-Man as my next rechamp.

• Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor

June 2019 EDITION

Day 1499

Roster slots: 269/275 (+20) 

star star star star star
    28 champions (+2):
    Archangel, Black Bolt, Black Panther, Black Widow, Cable, Captain America (Infinity War), Captain Marvel, Daredevil, Doctor Doom, Dr. Strange, Gambit, Ghost Rider, Green Goblin, Hela, Iron Man, Jean Grey, Jessica Jones, Kingpin, Kitty Pryde, Loki, Okoye, Spider-Man (Back in Black), Spider-Man (Peter Parker), Silver Surfer, Thanos, Thor, Wasp, Wolverine

Latest Legends

• Hela (5/5/3, level 451) (+11 covers)
    • Rescue (3/3/5, level 420) (+8)
    • Storm (2/3/2, level 360) (+7)

Classic Legends

• Kingpin (5/3/5, level 451) (+2 covers)
    • Captain America (First Avenger) (5/4/3, level 435) (+2)
    • Star-Lord (5/1/1, level 360) (no progress)
    • Hawkeye (2/3/2, level 360) (+3)
    • The Hulk (2/2/3, level 360) (n.p.)
    • Doctor Octopus (1/1/2, level 315) (n.p.) 

star star star star
    83 champions (+5):
    Agent Coulson, America Chavez, Ant-Man, Bishop, Black Panther, Black Widow, Blade, Captain Marvel, Carnage, Cloak & Dagger, Cyclops, Dazzler, Deadpool, Devil Dinosaur, Domino, Drax, Elektra, Emma Frost, Gamora (2x), Ghost, Ghost Rider, Gwenpool, Howard The Duck, Iceman, Invisible Woman, Iron Fist, Iron Man, Jean Grey, Jubilee, Kate Bishop, Kingpin, Kraven the Hunter, Lockjaw, Luke Cage, Magik, Medusa, Miles Morales, Mockingbird, Moon Knight, Mordo, Mr. Fantastic, Namor, Nebula, Nick Fury, Nico Minoru, Nightcrawler, Nova, Peggy Carter, Professor X, Prowler, Quake, Red Hulk, Riri Williams, Rocket & Groot, Rogue, Ronin, Sabretooth, Sam Wilson, Sandman, Shuri, Spider-Gwen, Spider-Ham, Spider-Man, Spider-Woman, Star-Lord, Talos, Thanos, The Hulk (The Main Event), The Hulk (Totally Awesome), The Punisher, The Thing, Thor,  Valkyrie Venom (Agent Venom), Venom (Eddie Brock), Vulture, War Machine, Wasp, Wiccan, Winter Soldier, Wolverine, X-23, Yondu 
    Championed Talos, Thanos, Ronin, Sabretooth and Spider-Ham. Black Cat had an awesome start bringing her to 3/4/4. 

star star star
    I've sold a few maximum championed duplicates in order to level up  other characters.

Bonus Heroes

star star star : Loki 
    star star star star : Peggy Carter
    star star star star star : Hawkeye

Long-term goal

I want to champion every 5* character (two latest and five classic characters left).
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Day 606
    SHIELD level 138
    Roster slots 244/244

Updated after release of Black Cat and 5* Storm but before 4* Mysterio:

5*'s: All rostered, none champed or fully covered. Closest to full coverage are Cap IW at 5/2/3 and Archangel at 2/5/2, but I know better than to enter 5* land with either. My top tier are all in poor shape (Kitty at 1/1/1, Thor 3/0/0, Okoye 1/3/1). Kitty is current BH and I raised her to level 290.

4*: All rostered. All fully covered except Talos (12), Spider-Ham (11), Taskmaster (10), Ronin (10), Sabretooth (9), and Black Cat (4). All but the last 2 at level 209 or higher. 47/85 champed including all the top tier. Sabretooth is current BH.

3*: All rostered, all champed, all at least level 255 and most max champed. Duplicates started, but thanks to saved covers ISO is going into champing 4*s and my 3* dupes are all level 40. Once they get to a point where the prizes make sense I'll start to champ the dupes, but I like saving the higher level ones for PvP so won't sell until the dupe is max champed. BH is set to the non-dupe(s) at the lowest level (currently a 5-way tie).

2*: All max champed and farming continues. The ISO cost is much less than farming 3* so I champ the dupe as soon as it hits 13 covers and don't sell until it hits 144.

Current goal: champ the 4* tier and keep up with new releases. Continue to hoard LTs, only drawing to get 1 cover of new releases. Continue the "draw one bank one" approach to CP: at 25 CP per pull, on average it takes 130 CP to get either a 5* or a 4* BH, so I draw until I get one or the other, then bank until my CP is the previous starting point +130, then repeat. This gives me a nice mix of hoarding and drawing and something to look forward to other than a worthwhile vault that may never come.

Mid-range goal: get a viable 5* to start the transition, eventually (but not immediately) champ them.

Long-range goal: collect and champ every character at every level including new ones (beginning to think this may be impossible in today's day and age given the speed of releases)
  • Jormagund
    Jormagund Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    edited June 2019
    Day 368, Shield rank 90, characters 140.  Enjoyed my trio of Dinos.
    1 Star: Spidey.
    2 Stars: Bag-Man lvl 103.  Moonstone version 4 lvl 137, Daken version 5 lvl 119, All other characters at max champ with a second version recruited for a proper farm.  I was lucky enough to get the 8,500HP Insider offer just before it changed which really took the pain out of starting a farm.
    3 Stars: Ragnarok 244, Strange 239, IM40 237.  42 at levels 166-209.  Vision at 4/3/10 and sole bonus hero, She-Hulk at 3/3/5
    4 Stars:
    • 13 or more covers: C&D, still sitting at 209
    • 10 covers: Prowler
    • 9  covers: Bishop (bonus hero)
    • 8 covers: Carol/Ant-Man
    • 7 covers: 6 characters
    • 6 covers: 6 characters
    • 5 covers: 4 characters
    • 4 covers: 10 characters
    • 3 covers: 10 characters
    • 2 covers: 17 characters
    • 1 cover: 9 characters
    • To be recruited: 18 characters
    5 stars: No joy with the Alliance event tokens to the Storm release vault, still sitting on my Latest Legends tokens and CP until I have enough HP free to cover slots.

Resources:
    • Red ISO: 154,949 and RISO positive until I draw some new supports
    • ISO: 4.25 million
    • HP: 225 (just about HP positive, haven't had to let a character die on the vine for about three months)
    • CP: 4,876
    • LL Tokens: 58.
    • Other Tokens: Savoury 156, sweet 257.  Small hoard of 82 heroics and a ten-pack.  saving ten to twenty a week to get to 140 and will then pull.
    • Marvel Insider points: 70K, so hopefully be able to get the Spiderm4n bundle or whoever replaces him
    Future Plans:
    • Recruit new four stars at release
    • Recruit as many of the remaining four stars as I can while saving HP
    • Complete my two star farm when I champ Moonstone/Daken
    • Try and recruit whichever five stars are in latest legends at that time
    • Start pulling classics for the older fives so I can do the 5E nodes
    • Once I have a few decent four stars covered to join C&D, champ them and enter four star play.
    • Rebuild the 1 star tier, I wanted to do this before pulling for five stars but that would add another month to the timeline and think I'd better start getting some 5E node cover ASAP.
    Basically need enough HP to guarantee being able to roster the latest three five stars and any fours I pull along the way.  New releases aside that would take about seven weeks, so probably two-three months including new releases before I break my hoard.
  • Theghouse
    Theghouse Posts: 315 Mover and Shaker
    Been about 4 months since my last update.  Day 490. 

Max champed my first 3*, Dr Strange today, getting 59 covers in 4 months.  Next 3* BH is Gamora solely for her utility paired with 4* Rocket and my inability to get usable 4* Gamora covers.  She is currently at level 183.  Lowest 3* is Sentry at 178.

Now at 8 4* champs, adding Rocket, Gwenpool, and Nova.  Wasp is at 12 covers.  Iron Fist, Nebula, and Fury at 11 covers.  Gamora is my 4* BH, again for her utility with 4* Rocket, but she's at 2/2/5 with 4 saved covers so I might abandon that soon.  Only missing 5 non-limited 4*: Kraven, ME Hulk, Valkyrie, Agent Venom, and Yondu. Been able to keep up with all 4* new releases.

5* Hawkeye now 1/3/4 at level 375 where I'll keep him capped.  Doom is 0/4/2 (hardly useful), Hela is 3/1/2 (surprisingly useful especially as 5e), Star Lord at 3/1/1. Nobody else over 2 covers. 16 total 5* rostered out of 35 currently in the game.

Currently at a point where I can open LTs as I get them.  Saving HP, currently at 226, waiting to see what's in the next new 5* token , otherwise I'll probably wait until Hela leaves and then start pulling classics.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    CT1888 said:
    5*

23 champed (+2, GED & Strange) 
    12 covers: Black Bolt (21 Medusa, -4), and First Avenger (22 Peggy, -3) 
    10 covers: Banner (340+ feeder req) and Ironman (50 WM) 
    9 covets: Black Widow (53 Widows) Hawkeye (102 Kates) Archangel (340 feeder) 
    Kingpin 12 (+1 saved) cover (+6) Carol at 461 (+9) Hela at 2/4/3 (+8) Rescue 1 cover (new)  no Storm yet.

4*
    Still waiting for green cover to champ Nebula. 
    Thanos 4/3/3, Ronin and Creed 1/3/3 both BH till 209, then Creed till champed. Looking forward to using him in sim with Thorkoye.

1 - 3*
    They exist. 

Plans. 
    Hoard for 2 weeks till Storm hits Latest. Or use CP for Classics. 
    Maybe. 
    5*
    23 champed.
    Got an IM and a Bruce Banner cover from classics.
    12 covers: Kingpin (300+ feeder req)  Black Bolt (16 Medusa, -5), and First Avenger (15 Peggy, -7) 
    11 covers: Banner (300+ feeder req) and Ironman (25 WM) 
    10 covers: Black Widow (47 Widows - 6)
    9 covers: Hawkeye (101 Kates) Archangel (340 feeder) Green Goblin (65 Sandmen)

Hela at 4/4/3 (+2) Rescue 1/1/2 (+3) Storm 0/1/0 (new).

4*
    Nebula still not champed. 
    Sabretooth and Thanos at 12 covers, Ronin 11, Black Cat 0/2/5. Sabretooth is BH till champ, then probably BC to 209. RNG will take most to champ after that.

3* - 1* same old same old. 

Getting twitchy. Want to sell a bunch of 3*max champs for some reason. Questioning why I'm still staying on the hamster wheel. 
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    I'm now on Day 1042 (so about 2 months after my previous update), SHIELD Rank 167 (an increase of 5).

:star: 
    Juggernaut + 3 BWs with 5 blue for Alliance TUs. 
    :star::star:
    All part of the champ farm. (I've started keeping two max champed copies and one dupe of each.) Bagman is now max champed at level 144 (increase of 14) 
    :star::star::star:
    All max champed. Many dupes.
    :star::star::star::star:
    85 champed (3 new champs since last update: Spider-Ham, Black Cat, Mysterio) 
    The only ones left to champ are: Juggernaut (level 188 4/2/3), Taskmaster (level 168 4/5/4), 
    :star::star::star::star::star:
    8 champed: DD (new), Hela (new), JJ (new), Kitty, Okoye, 5trange, Thano5, Thor
    10 fully covered but not champed: AA, Beardcap, Cable, 5CM (new), Gambit, GEDoom, GRRR, IM46, KP, Loki
    3 at 12 covers: PHX (5/2/5), Rescue (5/2/5), Wa5p (5/5/2)
    1 at 11 covers: Bolt (3/4/4)
    3 at 10 covers: 5BP (2/4/4), OML (4/4/2), 5torm (3/4/3)
    All rostered

Still really enjoying 5* land. Moved up to SCL9 for PVE, and it's been fun. Been pulling LTs to cover Latest 5*s while hoarding CP for special stores. Able to keep up with new releases and finish them within a reasonable amount of time. :)
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Just champed Infinity Cap and Black Bolt to make it five 5* champs alongside JJ, Phoenix and Doctor Strange. Not really close to getting any other 5*s fully covered, so I'll just have to keep pulling tokens and see what happens.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    I realized I never did one of these before, but with the current state of dilution shaping my personal endgame strategy, I figured I would tell the "State of my Roster" for what it's worth.

Shield Resupply Day: 1,774
    Shield Rank: 116

127 Total Roster Slots

5* (17 Rostered; 14 capped/soft-capped at Lv315, other 3 at whatever max level is allowed for their 2-3 covers)
    -One at 11 covers (useable 3/5/3 Thanos)
    -Two at 10 covers (5/4/1 Cap:FA and 5/2/3 Bolt are both useable, but not ideally covered)
    -One at 9 covers (VERY useable 2/5/2 Hawkeye)
    -Four at 7-8 covers (Iron Man, Widow, JJ & OML are all playable and have all powers covered)
    -Of the remaining 9, only three have all three powers and either 3/2/2 OML or 1/1/1 GED are arguably the most playable for more than just match damage/tanking (or in the case of my 3/0/3 Hulk, just screwing around with for fun)
    -I would champ any 5* I got to 13 covers, but so far that hasn't been an option.  My current BH is Wasp to try and get her yellow ability, but I'm thinking of changing to Thanos since he's my best hope at a 5* champion and would be quite useful in PVE.  Otherwise, my BH has always been used to attempt to get all three powers for 5* characters who don't have them (I've only ever had two 5* BH's)
    -Due to bad recent LL 5* luck and my current CP strategy, I have none of the latest three 5*'s rostered, although I would roster any I did get.

4* (54 Rostered; 49 championed; 5 needing covers, but leveled to the maximum allowable level)
    -Devil Dino at Lv299 (I plan to cap DD at Lv315, equal to my 5* cap)
    -28 at Lv280
    -Emma Frost (1/3/3) permanently soft-capped at Lv144, as I only use her as a complementary-colored & matching-costumed third for Stormnedo when I'm screwing around
    -Current target to champion: Black Cat (also my sole 4* BH)

3* (all but ten rostered & champed--I don't plan to roster the others except occasionally as single-cover placeholders when they're required)
    -26 at Lv266
    -Loki & Hood soft-capped at Lv167 (this gets the first LT from champion rewards, but keeps them otherwise low to minimize tanking colors--I don't roster either of the 4*'s they feed & neither gets particularly better from additional levels)
    -No 3* farming

2* (all but Bagman & Baby Torch rostered & champed)
    -Recently stopped full 2* farming (I know it's objectively worth doing, but just got bored with it and haven't found myself short on any resources lately; would resume when/if this changes)

1* (all except Juggernaut & Venom rostered and maxed)
    -I hate Juggernaut in this game, even though he's probably the best non-Spider-Man 1*
    -Venom never recovered from losing his insta-kill part of his old black ability

Currently 1 floating roster spot for required characters I don't collect.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I've always been a much more casual player than most on the forum (I mostly just play SCL7 PVE and even that not typically beyond the 8 CP progression).  Because of this, acquiring covers limits my roster progress far more than anything else (for example, since I started playing, I've spent more than 4M iso-8 on standard tokens to speed up my 2* & 3* transitions, back when you could do that, yet today I still have well over 10M surplus iso-8).  I gave up trying to roster everyone back when vaulting initially went into effect.  At the time, I had quite a few 4* characters with only 1-4 covers, so with them being totally unplayable on a 3* champion roster and barely featured in PVE, I sold the characters whom I didn't have any personal interest in, either for fiction or gameplay reasons (or in the case of Bobby, because his artwork was just that creepy), to save on roster slot costs.  I used the surplus hero points to take advantage of Heroes for Hire offers to champion my better-covered 4*'s while focusing on the characters in tokens/vaults at the time. 

While this supercharged my ability to champion 4*'s, when the full token dilution went back into effect I found my strategy needed to change again.  At the time, my highest covered character was a Lv280 Mordo.  I decided to cap my 4* champs at Lv280 so that they would get me the one extra LT, yet still work on a relatively even footing with my 3*'s once they progressed to Lv266.  I expected this would generate a lot of cover waste due to the artificial 4* cap of Lv280, but oddly most of my wasted covers have been for characters I don't collect (the reasons are purely RNG, but this still means I haven't wasted many 4* champion levels at all--at best, my highest level character could be in the 285-287 range had I never sold a 4* cover, but most of my Lv280 4* champs have 0-2 covers wasted, at most). 

Late last year, I started focusing all my CP into direct-buying 4* covers for 120CP.  While I know purely from a resource standpoint this isn't ideal, my goal was for a broadly useable base of similarly leveled 3*'s & 4*'s, so there just wasn't another way to get newer released 4*'s covered any quicker with my level of play (I could directly buy three covers of a 4* for the cost of 18 classic legendary tokens--from those tokens I wouldn't expect to draw any of a single character I was hoping for and only expect 1 bonus hero draw).  Typically with a new character, PVE/PVP progression plus the following season's PVP simulator was good enough for a 1/1/1, which made the direct-buy option feasible. 

Even before when I was still buying tokens with my CP, it was only through purchasing covers that I've been able to champion ANY 4*'s since full dilution returned, due to my poor rate of cover acquisition.  Additionally, between the artificial level cap I placed on my roster and the characters I don't collect, more than 2/3 of the available 4*'s in tokens would be wasted anyway.  All of this came together to help me make the decision I did

As newer 4*'s & 5*'s I want to collect are released, I'll expand my roster as needed but at the moment it really feels like I'm wrapping up my stage in the game more than preparing to jump to the next level.  ...and I'm okay with that.  Finding new and interesting team compositions has always been my favorite part of the game outside of the community aspect, so being semi-retired with a broad & deep 3*/4* roster would be a nice place to find myself in.

Anyway, I figured I'd post this to add context to how I play the game as well as to document where I'm at today, if I ever want to look back later.  My play strategy is so specifically geared towards my play style & roster goals that I literally wouldn't recommend it to anyone else, but you have to do what makes the game most fun for you, right?
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 491 Mover and Shaker
    ZootSax said:
    -Venom never recovered from losing his insta-kill part of his old black ability

Don't forget the completely unnecessary nerf to his Purple as well.
    It used to stun the entire team for 1 turn for 4 AP (I think it was 4; this was like 2+ years ago).
    Irritating for sure, but was one of the best Team Ups, and now that Purple is totally useless as a Team Up, and even when facing against Venom, it does almost nothing unless he casts it like 3+ times, and even then, it's a single target 1-turn stun.
  • Black Duke

June 2019 EDITION

Day 1499

Roster slots: 269/275 (+20) 

star star star star star
    28 champions (+2):
    Archangel, Black Bolt, Black Panther, Black Widow, Cable, Captain America (Infinity War), Captain Marvel, Daredevil, Doctor Doom, Dr. Strange, Gambit, Ghost Rider, Green Goblin, Hela, Iron Man, Jean Grey, Jessica Jones, Kingpin, Kitty Pryde, Loki, Okoye, Spider-Man (Back in Black), Spider-Man (Peter Parker), Silver Surfer, Thanos, Thor, Wasp, Wolverine

Latest Legends

• Hela (5/5/3, level 451) (+11 covers)
    • Rescue (3/3/5, level 420) (+8)
    • Storm (2/3/2, level 360) (+7)

Classic Legends

• Kingpin (5/3/5, level 451) (+2 covers)
    • Captain America (First Avenger) (5/4/3, level 435) (+2)
    • Hawkeye (2/3/2, level 360) (+3)

star star star star
    83 champions (+5):
    Agent Coulson, America Chavez, Ant-Man, Bishop, Black Panther, Black Widow, Blade, Captain Marvel, Carnage, Cloak & Dagger, Cyclops, Dazzler, Deadpool, Devil Dinosaur, Domino, Drax, Elektra, Emma Frost, Gamora (2x), Ghost, Ghost Rider, Gwenpool, Howard The Duck, Iceman, Invisible Woman, Iron Fist, Iron Man, Jean Grey, Jubilee, Kate Bishop, Kingpin, Kraven the Hunter, Lockjaw, Luke Cage, Magik, Medusa, Miles Morales, Mockingbird, Moon Knight, Mordo, Mr. Fantastic, Namor, Nebula, Nick Fury, Nico Minoru, Nightcrawler, Nova, Peggy Carter, Professor X, Prowler, Quake, Red Hulk, Riri Williams, Rocket & Groot, Rogue, Ronin, Sabretooth, Sam Wilson, Sandman, Shuri, Spider-Gwen, Spider-Ham, Spider-Man, Spider-Woman, Star-Lord, Talos, Thanos, The Hulk (The Main Event), The Hulk (Totally Awesome), The Punisher, The Thing, Thor,  Valkyrie Venom (Agent Venom), Venom (Eddie Brock), Vulture, War Machine, Wasp, Wiccan, Winter Soldier, Wolverine, X-23, Yondu 
    Championed Talos, Thanos, Ronin, Sabretooth and Spider-Ham. Black Cat had an awesome start bringing her to 3/4/4. 

star star star
    I've sold a few maximum championed duplicates in order to level up  other characters.

Bonus Heroes

star star star : Loki 
    star star star star : Peggy Carter

Long-term goal

I want to champion every 5* character (two latest and five classic characters left).

AUGUST 2019 EDITION

Day 1543

Roster slots: 278/278 (+3) 

star star star star star
    29 champions (+1):
    Archangel, Black Bolt, Black Panther, Black Widow, Cable, Captain America (First Avenger), Captain America (Infinity War), Captain Marvel, Daredevil, Doctor Doom, Dr. Strange, Gambit, Ghost Rider, Green Goblin, Hela, Iron Man, Jean Grey, Jessica Jones, Kingpin, Kitty Pryde, Loki, Okoye, Spider-Man (Back in Black), Spider-Man (Peter Parker), Silver Surfer, Thanos, Thor, Wasp, Wolverine

Latest Legends

• Rescue (3/4/5(+2 saved covers), level 435) (+1 cover)
    • Storm (3/3/2, level 375) (+1)
    • Iceman (2/0/1, level 285) (+3)

Classic Legends

• Captain America (First Avenger) (5/3/5, level 450) (+1 cover)
    • Hawkeye (2/3/2, level 360) (n.p.)

star star star star
    85 champions (+2):
    Agent Coulson, America Chavez, Ant-Man, Bishop, Black Cat,  Black Panther, Black Widow, Blade, Captain Marvel, Carnage, Cloak & Dagger, Cyclops, Dazzler, Deadpool, Devil Dinosaur, Domino, Drax, Elektra, Emma Frost, Gamora (2x), Ghost, Ghost Rider, Gwenpool, Howard The Duck, Iceman, Invisible Woman, Iron Fist, Iron Man, Jean Grey, Jubilee, Kate Bishop, Kingpin, Kraven the Hunter, Lockjaw, Luke Cage, Magik, Medusa, Miles Morales, Mockingbird, Moon Knight, Mordo, Mr. Fantastic, Mysterio, Namor, Nebula, Nick Fury, Nico Minoru, Nightcrawler, Nova, Peggy Carter, Professor X, Prowler, Quake, Red Hulk, Riri Williams, Rocket & Groot, Rogue, Ronin, Sabretooth, Sam Wilson, Sandman, Shuri, Spider-Gwen, Spider-Ham, Spider-Man, Spider-Woman, Star-Lord, Talos, Thanos, The Hulk (The Main Event), The Hulk (Totally Awesome), The Punisher, The Thing, Thor,  Valkyrie Venom (Agent Venom), Venom (Eddie Brock), Vulture, War Machine, Wasp, Wiccan, Winter Soldier, Wolverine, X-23, Yondu 
    I've championed Black Cat and Mysterio. My newest recruit is Juggernaut (3/3/4). 

star star star
    No changes here.

Bonus Heroes

star star star : Hawkeye 
    star star star star : Kate Bishop

Season goal

Getting the final cover for Rescue. I could hoard than until the next 5* character (Professor X?) enters the tokens.
  • spidyjedi84
    SHIELD Level 147

Day 1287

Roster slots: 192/195

5 stars: All 36 rostered. Nabbed a cover of Iceman when he entered Latests. No champs here, but I'm now up to .eight with more than seven covers, none of which are anyone I'd tackle metas with. Going to continue softcappping at 315 in the interim. Kitty remains current BH to try and nab more purple covers for her. Really like Storm, but my 5-star draws are only nabbing me Rescue instead...

4 stars: 66 now champed. Th4nos, Dazzler, Punisher and XForce Wolvie were recently champed. Fourteen sit at Level 209, just collecting covers until I'm ready to champ them. Sabretooth is my current BH, looking for one green cover to get him to 13 covers and move to champ zone. After him, chasing the two covers I need for Black Cat, then on to Mysterio and then on to Juggernaut. My limiteds are my last to champ higher. My ISO is currently at rechamping 3 stars and 2 stars.

3 stars: All 3-stars are now rostered. 5 sit with 13 covers who aren't champed, so I'm focusing efforts on rechamping some of them. Black Widow is my current BH and will be until her dupe is finished

• Black Duke

SEPTEMBER 2019 EDITION

Day 1574

Roster slots: 282/285 (+7) 

star star star star star
    30 champions (+1):
    Archangel, Black Bolt, Black Panther, Black Widow, Cable, Captain America (First Avenger), Captain America (Infinity War), Captain Marvel, Daredevil, Doctor Doom, Dr. Strange, Gambit, Ghost Rider, Green Goblin, Hela, Iron Man, Jean Grey, Jessica Jones, Kingpin, Kitty Pryde, Loki, Okoye, Rescue, Spider-Man (Back in Black), Spider-Man (Peter Parker), Silver Surfer, Thanos, Thor, Wasp, Wolverine

Latest Legends

• Storm (3/4/3, lvl 405) (+2)
    • Iceman (5/2/4, level 420) (+8)
    • Professor X (1/4/0, lvl 330) (+5)

Classic Legends

• Rescue (5/3/5, lvl 452) (+1)
    • The Hulk (4/2/4, lvl 405) (+3)
    • Hawkeye (3/4/2, lvl 390) (+2)
    • Star-Lord (5/1/1, lvl 360) (0)
    • Doctor Octopus (1/1/2, lvl 315) (0) 

star star star star
    86 champions (+1):
    Agent Coulson, America Chavez, Ant-Man, Bishop, Black Cat,  Black Panther, Black Widow, Blade, Captain Marvel, Carnage, Cloak & Dagger, Cyclops, Dazzler, Deadpool, Devil Dinosaur, Domino, Drax, Elektra, Emma Frost, Gamora (2x), Ghost, Ghost Rider, Gwenpool, Howard The Duck, Iceman, Invisible Woman, Iron Fist, Iron Man, Jean Grey, Jubilee, Juggernaut, Kate Bishop, Kingpin, Kraven the Hunter, Lockjaw, Luke Cage, Magik, Medusa, Miles Morales, Mockingbird, Moon Knight, Mordo, Mr. Fantastic, Mysterio, Namor, Nebula, Nick Fury, Nico Minoru, Nightcrawler, Nova, Peggy Carter, Professor X, Prowler, Quake, Red Hulk, Riri Williams, Rocket & Groot, Rogue, Ronin, Sabretooth, Sam Wilson, Sandman, Shuri, Spider-Gwen, Spider-Ham, Spider-Man, Spider-Woman, Star-Lord, Talos, Thanos, The Hulk (The Main Event), The Hulk (Totally Awesome), The Punisher, The Thing, Thor,  Valkyrie Venom (Agent Venom), Venom (Eddie Brock), Vulture, War Machine, Wasp, Wiccan, Winter Soldier, Wolverine, X-23, Yondu 
    I've championed Juggernaut. My latest recruit is Human Torch (4/4/3). Captain Marvel and Vulture have reached level 370, so I'm building them up again.

star star star
    No changes.

Bonus Heroes

star star star : Hawkeye 
    star star star star : Kate Bishop

Future goal

Finishing 5* Storm before she leaves the Latest Legends. 
  • spidyjedi84
    edited October 2019
    SHIELD Level 152

Day 1351

Roster slots: 194/197 (fluctuates depending on which 1 star has five covers that I need to sell so I can use them to climb the SHIELD Level rankings).

5 stars: All rostered. No significant changes here. A few more covers for some of my 5 stars, but no one at champ level at this moment. Draws in Classics for the 4-stars I'm still chasing (the most recent 3) haven't awarded me many covers for any of the roster, and my latest draws have given me more Storm covers, but I want more in Prof X and Iceman.

4 stars: 75 now champed. Juggernaut, Devil Dinosaur (woo-hoo Anniversary!) Nebula and Ghost were recently champed. I followed through on my plans to champ Black Cat and Sabretooth, but am still two shy on Mysterio to champ him. I'm now down to only eight at 209 or higher, with the three latest releases still needing additional covers to get to that magical 10 number. Human Torch is my current BH, trying to see if I could get him to 10 before S.H.I.E.L.D. Training for Spider-Man 2099 ended. Sadly, doesn't look like I did, so I'll settle for the 3 covers I have on Spider-Man 2099 now. After him, chasing HammerCap. My limiteds all collected covers during Anniversary, aside from Spider-Ham, and are now all sitting at 235 or higher. I'm hoping Webbed Wonder gives the blue cover I need to champ Howard. 

3 stars: All 3-stars are now rostered, with Psylocke sitting one cover away from taking a trip back down to the build her up again rosters. 11 now sit with 13 covers waiting to be rechamped and climbing the ladder. After Psylocke, my next highest is Doctor Strange, and I don't sell him at all until his dupe is ready, since he is one of the best 3 stars, period.