Chat Input Messed up On Steam Since Update [Investigating]

AlexR
AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
The new update is great for loading time, but it messed the in-game chat up for me. When I write text into the input line, it will not scroll towards the right (following what I'm writing). Instead, it stays where it is and I can just not see what I'm writing past the initial line since whatever I'm writing now continues off-screen.
It posts fine, but not being able to see what I write is somewhat inconvenient.

Comments

• ursopro
    ursopro Posts: 332 Mover and Shaker
    I can confirm this issue, it also randomly returns the last text you typed in the input box.
  • dgt73
    dgt73 Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Same here, also unable to go back thru existing text, either via mouse or keyboard, have to delete existing text to make alterations.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,289 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hope this is fixed in next update as it is very annoying for someone that like to send alliance messages

• dgt73
    Still no word on estimated fix for this? Is it just affecting Steam users?
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hey everyone. I don't have an update for this issue other than the team is aware of it. I'll go ahead and add it to the bug list. 
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    @AlexR
    @dgt73
    @ursopro
    Hey everyone. Could you please let me know if you are still experiencing this issue in the Steam Alliance chat?
  • ursopro
    yes, it hasn't been fixed
  • dgt73
    Yes, it would appear the same issues still exist with the alliance chat.
  • dgt73
    edited August 2020
    update: just noticed we now get a second line in the text window when typing a longer message, so at least it's visible --> still can't edit the text though. Have to delete back to make corrections, still unable to select edit point in window.
  • ursopro
    maybe this year is the one?