Namor vs. new Torch

qandols
qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
Level 250 2/5/5 Namor. Unsure how this would go. Boosted his colors, got a lucky green cascade and fired it. Wow, it took 98% of Torches healt and I could just blow on him to extinguish his flames. LT a Thanos Endgame champ level. Maybe Namor is not so bad after all?

Comments

• Zen
    Zen Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Not got a clue how i managed to beat Torch but i did after 3 attempts. I suppose i knew it was possible as on my 2nd attempt i got him down to 347 health but he fired his red and downed me. I denied him green as often as  i could and my black power took care of his red. I also used boosts to boost match damage

My Namor is level 111 2/2/1

LT got me a champ level for Bucky Barnes
  • wingX
    wingX Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    Mine is 1/3/3
    Try first time at level 125 without any boost - manage to lower torch health to 308 before he kill him with his wildfire. 2nd try at level 152, manage to win with +2 Green and Black AP, +30% Green and Black damage, and +40% Match Dmg. Most important is to try to deny his green as it can get out of control fast and also as without it, his red damage is not that great.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    0/5/5 Lvl 209 Namor got it first try, no boosts. Namor gave his horn a good blow a few times and there were bubbles, some cake (Namor provided a giant fork!) and everyone had a good time. Oh apart from Torch.
  • Tarelgeth
    Tarelgeth Posts: 67 Match Maker
    2/3/3 168 Namor, Chewie support, no boosts.  Torch got outright extinguished, no contest.  Deny green at a costs, use purple to keep the board clear of his colors, use black to destroy his red, and the poor Android is pretty much helpless.  Use green with caution because it could add too much green back to the board.

Token got me my 5* Iceman.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Champed Namor, I was able to deny green completely, which I think is key here. Sound a horn, throw a trident, Torch goes out.
    Token waiting for Professor X.
  • KillaBeeSwarm
    KillaBeeSwarm Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    2/4/4, level 150 Namor. No boosts.

I was a little worried that Torch had almost twice the health. As TPF Alexis stated, deny green is the key. I fired each power once, and when Torch did fire green, it was matched immediately. Namor seems fun, too bad I never use him.

Saving the token for Professor X.
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    Is this a record for how fast a character has been brought in as an opponent in a Crash? Would be hard to be faster.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is this a record for how fast a character has been brought in as an opponent in a Crash? Would be hard to be faster.
    I think Taskmaster and Spider-Ham had Crashes immediately after they were introduced. But those were special occasions. Historically, they get entered in the list the first time it cycles back to the start after they've been Featured once beyond their Release events, I believe. Depending on where the cycle is, that has resulted in a few pretty quick ones, I think.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Champed Namor managed to put out the flame with 270 healthpoint left.

As you know, water douse fire. Naturally, Namor was pretty cocky going into the fight. Jim threw a Blaze Beyond Control at Namor and he simply shrugged it off like an insect bite. He continues to focus on his purple tiles or black tiles while Jim was focusing on his.

A couple of turns later, Wildfire appeared, and Wildfire spreads. Namor, laughing at those baby damage dealt by those 4 Wildfires, continue to do his things. Until, the Human Torch threw another Blaze Beyond Control and jolted him out of the sea. 

Namor, panicking, started taking the battle seriously and finally took him out with his Atlantis Attack. Namor and his damaged ego quickly dived back into the sea to recuperate and treat his burns.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2019
    On my first try with a level 94 2/4/3 Namor, I was handily defeated by the Torch. On my second try with a level 127 Namor (plus a Chewie support and a nice bag full of AP), I emerged victorious! It was actually a pretty fun fight. He managed to cast red once, but with no repeaters it didn't do too much damage. Still, it was a close fight, and I took him out the turn after he acquired enough green to use Wildfire. Namor limped out of there with less than 1k health, and called the nearest surgeonfish to attend to his wounds. He will likely get an extended vacation until he's required in PvE/his next crash, so he'll have plenty of time to recover. 
    My reward was a saved cover for Main Event Hulk. I should get around to champing that guy some day, as I see him all over the place in the Sim (before the Gritty/Bishop wall at around 1800, of course). 
  • Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
    IIRC there was a character who appeared as an opponent after being announced but before their release event. I don’t remember who it was, however.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think Taskmaster and Spider-Ham had Crashes immediately after they were introduced. But those were special occasions. Historically, they get entered in the list the first time it cycles back to the start after they've been Featured once beyond their Release events, I believe. Depending on where the cycle is, that has resulted in a few pretty quick ones, I think.
    Doesn't Spider-ham fight himself? So you would be right about that one.