MPQ Sneak Peek: September 2019 Edition *Updated (9/24/19)

Comments

• jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Or use a support.  A rank 3 Lockheed can reduce enemy power damage by 1110, which helps with survivability in these matches (and also the bottom row of SHIELD Training).  I'm glad I picked him up when he was directly available in a vault.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,247 Chairperson of the Boards
    I find it amusing that the 3 Torch PVP is being run just a couple events after the 4 Torch one.

This game is on fire!
  • furbear00000
    furbear00000 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    jamesh said:
    Or use a support.  A rank 3 Lockheed can reduce enemy power damage by 1110, which helps with survivability in these matches (and also the bottom row of SHIELD Training).  I'm glad I picked him up when he was directly available in a vault.
    I use Chewie for 1v1s. Chance to create attack tiles when any match is made. Just aim for multi-matches and the battle is over very quickly. 
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    I find it amusing that the 3 Torch PVP is being run just a couple events after the 4 Torch one.

This game is on fire!
    It is? I thought it was just on Android, iOS, and Steam.
  • fiirst
    fiirst Posts: 438 Mover and Shaker
    zodiac339 said:
    bluewolf said:

This game is on fire!
    ROFL
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    zodiac339 said:
    bluewolf said:

This game is on fire!

Actually, it is on the Amazon Appstore, so........
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 said:
    bluewolf said:

This game is on fire!

Actually, it is on the Amazon Appstore, so........
    Then, what you’re saying is...

This game is on Fiiirrrrre!
    This game is on Fiiirrre!
    It’s working on Fiiirrrre!
    This game is on Fiiirrre!
    Oh, oh, oh.
    I still don’t want to own a Fire.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *(09/06/19) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, and Weekly Buffs.
  • TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    Didn't we get Black Cat the last boss event too?
  • bluewolf
    edited September 2019

Spider-Man vs Sinister Six
     - 3 Day Duration (7/18/19)

Round Rewards:
    4-Star: Black Cat - Green, Black, Purple
    3-Star: Gamora (Guardians of the Galaxy) - Red, Green, Black

-----------------

Well, almost the last one....

I would have thought we'd get a new 4 from a boss event next week....it's time for the new release..... This is all kind of strange.

EDIT:  It was pointed out to me that if they push back the expected new 4* release a week to 9/19, then that sets up the following 5* as a new release for 10/3, the game's Anniversary.

I will gladly take any slowing down of the release schedule at this point....the tokens are already stuffed to the brim with characters.  In other words....please devs, if you skip a week, don't feel obligated to push out two characters a week apart again later....  Just ask newer players how they are doing catching up on their iso needs as is.
  • TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    She was also in individual progression for Xmen v Apoc. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2019
    She was the reward in her last two boss events. 

Is she feeding someone?  :D
  • Southside84
    Southside84 Posts: 93 Match Maker
    Gamora 4 and rocket 4 both boosted in the same week.  Better start saving health packs 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gamora 4 and rocket 4 both boosted in the same week.  Better start saving health packs 
    Juggernaut: What's a health pack?
  • zodiac339
    Is this another 5*? Another? Please, really, stop already. Just skip a full release instead. Or do a bigger champion update for the 4*s so we can somewhat reliably get the 5*s instead of rushing them in and out of Latest and into the growing glut of Classic.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    They are just making sure you have enough opportunities to get her to 10 covers after they skipped her as a required character in shield training. ;)
  • bluewolf
    tiomono said:
    They are just making sure you have enough opportunities to get her to 10 covers after they skipped her as a required character in shield training. ;)
    The funny thing is...unless they do a Sunday new release (highly unlikely), she will get skipped again.  Maybe never getting a chance in ST?  
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wild guess? They're delaying the release a week, because they've been following a 5/4/4/5/4 pattern, and we're due another 4 next, then a 5, and if they wait a week, that 5 will release with Anniversary.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc said:
    Wild guess? They're delaying the release a week, because they've been following a 5/4/4/5/4 pattern, and we're due another 4 next, then a 5, and if they wait a week, that 5 will release with Anniversary.
    Even wilder guess... 5* limited Stan Lee that's only available during Anniversary.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    shardwick said:
    JHawkInc said:
    Even wilder guess... 5* limited Stan Lee that's only available during Anniversary.
    I have a sneaky feeling that Stan Lee is not a Marvel property...