New and updated feeders recommendations

Kletvar
Kletvar Posts: 91 Match Maker
With so many 5*s and 4*s now, i think the feeders should be updated, so we can have an easier time collecting some of the characters we want. Chances for pulling a desired character from Classic legends are getting lower and lower with each new character release, so maybe few new feeder and few updated feeders will do the job. Here are some recommendations.

New: 
xfdp for cable
rogue for gambit
invisible woman for god emperor doom
thanos for hela
nightcrawler for aangel 
magik for kitty
cho for banner
4* thanos to 5* thanos

Updated :
3* thanos for 4* thanos. 3* thanos to spider-woman makes 0 sense
3* black panther to 4* black panther 
3* doctor strange for mordo
3* rocket and groot for 4* rocket and groot
she hulk for hulk main event
4* jean for 5* jean ( instead of jubillee for 5* jean )

Also, since there are too many 4*s, maybe it would be nice to make 3*s to give rewards to 2 4*s instead of 1 4*. Personally, i don't think it will break the game and i think it will make the players feel happier and more appreciated.

Comments

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,106 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd settle for characters lining up with their higher-star counterparts.  Off the top of my head:

3-star Black Panther for 4-star Black Panther (not Mr Fantastic)
    3-star Human Torch for 4-star Human Torch
    3-star Thor for 4-star Thor for 5-star Thor

4-star Prof X for 5-star Prof X
    4-star Wasp for 5-star Wasp
    4-star Kingpin for 5-star Kingpin

I'm sure there are others...
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    They've already said they don't want to change existing feeders, because they don't want people who are working towards a certain 4* to have that 4* change before they get to it, and feel like effort spent collecting the 3* covers is going to waste.

5* characters getting feeders is something they said they did too fast already, and want to save for special occasions. Yeah, Cable and Gambit and Kitty don't have feeders yet, but a lack of an idea certainly isn't the problem. They're holding those back on purpose.

Not necessarily opposed to the idea (I like the idea of 3*s giving covers to more than one 4*, but I also don't see it happening any time soon), just pointing out part of why it hasn't happened yet.

And this is just me, but I'd rather get away from the boring "3* Rocket & Groot gives 4* Rocket & Groot" boring feeders. Make them interesting and shuffle them up to encourage broader rosters. It's useless to get a cover for a 4* character, and then go to use them in a match, and then stop and think "No wait, my 3* character is still better in this situation because they're champed already." Very boring for growing rosters. But if, say, 3* Gamora gave 4* Rocket & Groot covers? Now you've got someone R&G pairs with well, and you can use both your champed character and the new one together. Make the combos interesting, either link them by gameplay elements so they work well together, or have a character feed someone who plays very differently to encourage people to try something new (which is a weird way that Doctor Strange and Nova works as-is).
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,895 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc said:

5* characters getting feeders is something they said they did too fast already, and want to save for special occasions.

I’m very curious to know if celebrating 80 years of Marvel is special enough to “rate” in terms of us getting a new feeder anytime soon. 
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would really like to see more updates.  For your ideas you have 4* Thanos now going to Hela and Thanos.  I think you need a new 4* feeder to Hela.

what they should have done is have Valkyrie go to Hela, and R&G go to Thor.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc said:

5* characters getting feeders is something they said they did too fast already, and want to save for special occasions.

I’m very curious to know if celebrating 80 years of Marvel is special enough to “rate” in terms of us getting a new feeder anytime soon. 
    Of course not.
    We'll get two for anniversary, and even that will be considered too fast by the devs.
    Cause heaven forbid they'd keep pace with the 5* new release cycle.
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    I would be happy if they just rid of the doubled up feeders. 
    Star-Lord and Gamora to 4- Star-Lord
    Ragnarok and Daken to X-23
    Colossus and Wolverine to X-Force Wolverine
    Angel and Beast to Jean Grey
    Daredevil and Elektra to 4-Elektra

I am always irritated that with the 4 star tier so much larger than the 3 that these are still not re-aligned.