Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I got three 10 packs from the X vault, last one got the cyclops and the token. Token got me 280 for Dazzler, and that LT got me a 4* professor x, a suitable second place prize I guess lol
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
    This was yesterday, day 1916 for me and the first time I got to see 2* Bullseye max damage trigger on his black ability. I use him every day for DDQ in the 2* nodes along with 2* Widow and Ares, so it's not for lack of trying.. just that having 2 crits on the board without them auto-matching is pretty difficult in those matches. And to top it off it got me out of a spot of bother too, was about to take some serious damage because the AI had some big cascades but a match-5 in purple made the second crit on the board and allowed me to steal some AP to get to 16 black and use it with BE.

I should say something like 'on to attempt to use 1* Venom and his heavy damage!' but honestly, that's too much hassle. Can't be bothered with that one.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Seeing the support store got updated and actually having a good assortment for me, I decided to open a few basic tokens.
    The first 2 were just rank 1 dupes, but the 3rd was a rank 4 Webshooters! Nice upgrade from my rank 2.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    After however long I've had her on the roster, I *finally* was able to Call the Swarm with 5-star Wasp.  It took way too much AP, as I also found out that Thor's passive will destroy Swarm tiles if they're on his colors. All it took was multiple castings of her yellow and blue, followed by 12 black AP, to do 11K damage.  And that's with her boosted to level 515.

Or, I could have just cast Thor's red for 9 AP and done even more damage, without any set-up required.
  • abenness
    abenness Posts: 228 Tile Toppler
    Decided I was too impatient to wait for the points to be available to get to 2,000 in sim, so went for full progression via 75 wins.
    Used Gritty/Medusa for the majority, avoiding Kitty and Bishop teams, dumping points to anyone not running Bishop when I needed to drop mmr.
    At the end, had to hit some Gritty teams just to get over the line.
    But I got there, 4Juggs now 2/1/3. Hopefully I’ll actually be able to use him for sim next season :)
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,244 Chairperson of the Boards
    I tried really hard to Call the Swarm today in the Sub 2 5E for Webbed Wonder.  Used her powers, got 4 swarm tiles out, then tried matching the colors to actually do it.

But her match damage was just too high and I won first.

Maybe I'll try again for the final clears.  I figure if I won't use her again for a year (at least for 5E) I should try to make it happen one time.

Lately I think she was supposed to launch in April like Howard did.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    First place in Webbed Wonder for four lovely Torch covers and with placement tokens from sub 3 I pulled two bonus 3* covers as well as a C4rol from a heroic. Not too bad. Oh, then Torch went and beat up on Rulk, War Machine and Quake. :)
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Having pulled a yellow Torch from his Shield Training (arguably his worst cover), then had a lousy bracket where I was fighting for T20, I decided that as a 5* Champion player I didn't really need to chase yet another 4* (I'll save that for Juggernaut when X5 enters Latest and I chase the two of them), so for once I took it easy on a 4* release event. I know, it will probably come back to bite me when Torch is one of the 4Es for the next 4* release, but I don't care.

I relaxed, skipped the final clears of one sub, then last night was still having too much fun killing Nazis in Sniper Elite 4 to stop and do my clears so I set my phone back down and went back to some more gratuitous violence.

This morning I logged into MPQ and was amused to see I was #49 by 2,000 points. Not that it mattered in CL8 where T100 is still good enough to get a cover.

Most relaxing release event ever.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZootSax said:
    When Ant-Man beat Teen Jean in today’s crash, The LT gave me a yellow 5* Ice Man with a bonus yellow 5* Wasp.  While a Wasp cover typically isn’t a best moment of the day, with her yellow I’m now down to only five 5* characters who I have rostered without all three powers.

Baby steps...
    During today’s 4E in Simulator, I was finally able to pull off Wasp’s “Call the Swarm” during my clears.  While the results were profoundly disappointing, at least now I never need to try and do that again unless she’s rebalanced so that counts as “Moment of the Day...” for me :)
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Enemy of the State!
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Came in first of sub 1 of EotS with literally three seconds to spare. Now I remember why I prefer to start my clears a little early and have extra time at the end of the sub, especially one with wave nodes, than to play with fire and risk missing clears.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Our alliance managed to finish round seven of the current boss PVE with a couple of hours left, netting us all three Black Cat covers. That was cool in-and-of-itself, BUT, it also marked a personal milestone for my roster. In my 5+ years of playing, I have *never* gotten a 4-star to the "holy grail" of coverage - that's right, 4/4/4! Black Cat is my first one ever where I've achieved perfectly even cover distribution, meaning that no matter what cover I draw for her, the next one will let me champ her (this means less now in the age of saved covers, of course, but still). A small victory, but a satisfying one!
  • sambrookjm
    edited September 2019
    Realizing that the 4-star cover reward for Juggernaut is in the 3-star Rocket and Groot PvP, so there will be absolutely no Grocket/Kitty teams to worry about.  Not surprisingly, I have seen a LOT more variation in the team composition in this PvP.  Thanos/Surfer. Gladiathor/Daredevil.  Chavez/Okoye.  Archangel (!!) and Jessica.  Pairs of people you never see when Grocket/Kitty is out to play.  It took eight fights until I saw my first team with a Kitty on it.

I wonder if the devs are keeping track of the usage rates for this event, and seeing the wider diversity.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    I spent about 45-50 tokens pulling for a purple X5 when he entered Latest. I finally did get one (hence making about 45-50 pulls), along with a bonus Okoye cover, and a couple of bonus Juggernaut covers.

I was pretty happy to get Juggs to 3/3/5 as it made him SHIELD Training ready. I'm even happier today.

I just saw Juggs is the placement reward for The Hunt, and better yet, the T10 reward is his Blue cover, the one I need the least.

I can finish & Champion Juggs with a T20 spot in The Hunt!

Oh, happy day!
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 968 Critical Contributor
    PuceMoose said:
    Our alliance managed to finish round seven of the current boss PVE with a couple of hours left, netting us all three Black Cat covers. That was cool in-and-of-itself, BUT, it also marked a personal milestone for my roster. In my 5+ years of playing, I have *never* gotten a 4-star to the "holy grail" of coverage - that's right, 4/4/4! Black Cat is my first one ever where I've achieved perfectly even cover distribution, meaning that no matter what cover I draw for her, the next one will let me champ her (this means less now in the age of saved covers, of course, but still). A small victory, but a satisfying one!
    And you should get one for progression in the next PvE event.
  • sambrookjm
    Didn't happen to me, but it did make laugh a bit.  One of the folks in my alliance beat the final level of Gwen Prix, and she chose Riri instead of Magik.  The Riri cover brought her to LVL 280, and the reward was an LT.  Cashing it in earned...a Magik cover.   :/
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    The Shield Sim reward cover plus the Progression cover will bring Juggernaut to 4/4/4. Always nice on the rare occasions when that happens :)