**** Human Torch (Jim Hammond) ****

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    The animation for placing the Wildfire repeater was really fast. I thought the animation looks nice when Wildfire activates. The tiles were also on fire.

Blaze Beyond Control did about 8k+ damage to the team, which is pretty good after adding all the strike tiles.

I quite like his abilities and his Wildfire animation. 

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like him a lot. Makes me even sadder my Mysterio is lacking in the cover department.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    3/5/5
    I didn't get a chance to fire Blaze Beyond Control because Mockingbird was bogarting all the red, but his green was doing work. It helped that there wasn't much green on the board, so once it got going, the Repeaters almost never got matched away. And when they did, it was only one or two, so they were back pretty quickly. Regardless of where he ends up power level-wise, he seems like he's going to be fun to play.
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    5/5/3
    The passive on his green specifies that you can have up to 5 of his “green” repeaters on the board. Does that mean that you could potentially have more if you were to change their colour with someone like jubilee or 5* prof x (using the jubilee power)?
  • TPF Alexis
    3/5/5
    MrEd95 said:
    The passive on his green specifies that you can have up to 5 of his “green” repeaters on the board. Does that mean that you could potentially have more if you were to change their colour with someone like jubilee or 5* prof x (using the jubilee power)?
    I suspect that it means "repeaters created by his green power", but we probably won't know unless someone gives it a try.
  • HoundofShadow
    I remember that someone tried using Jubilee with America Chavez to activate her trap tiles by changing the colours of her trap tiles and it worked. 

It's a possibility but the two characters that I can think off to change special tile colours are 5* Prof X and Jubilee.
  • TPF Alexis
    3/5/5
    I remember that someone tried using Jubilee with America Chavez to activate her trap tiles by changing the colours of her trap tiles and it worked. 

It's a possibility but the two characters that I can think off to change special tile colours are 5* Prof X and Jubilee.
    I think Mystique can also change the colour of any tiles with Infiltration. The power description doesn't specify basic tiles, and I'm pretty sure I've had it happen to me. Oh, also Iceman, but only red to blue, obviously, so not relevant here.
  • MrEd95
    edited August 2019
    5/5/3

I think Mystique can also change the colour of any tiles with Infiltration. The power description doesn't specify basic tiles, and I'm pretty sure I've had it happen to me. Oh, also Iceman, but only red to blue, obviously, so not relevant here.
    I just had a look, and her’s only works on basic tiles.

What about hydro man from the basilica event? Didn’t he have a colour changing power?

Edit: He does, and so does molten man, but obviously they are only helpful if you are fighting them.
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2019
    Interestingly, I had the 5 repeaters running and got 6 more green AP so I tried playing his Wildfire again. It allowed me to place a 6th repeater (all green obv). I got a couple of them fortified so I fired his red for nearly 10k team damage. That's unbelievable. Plus a match or two from the tile cascade. 
    Low health with high damage output potential, true to the other iterations of Torch. 

I'll join the boat that expects 4orch will stop auto-creating wildfire repeaters at 5, regardless if any of their colors have changed.  

EDIT: As HoundofShadow has tested below, i'm glad to be incorrect!
  • HoundofShadow
    Good news for those thinking of maximizing his repeaters. I had 4 Wildfire repeaters on the board, which is the maximum for loaner Torch. I used Jubilee's ability to change the colour of his repeaters and he started popping up green Wildfire repeaters the following turns. I had 7 of his Wildfire repeaters on the board and I also made sure that it doesn't belong to the enemy's Torch, by clicking on the repeaters.

I just realise he transforms into the fire form when his yellow passive power activates.

• CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wildfire is insane with Okoye once it gets going. Love it. 
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2019
    Good news for those thinking of maximizing his repeaters. I had 4 Wildfire repeaters on the board, which is the maximum for loaner Torch. I used Jubilee's ability to change the colour of his repeaters and he started popping up green Wildfire repeaters the following turns. I had 7 of his Wildfire repeaters on the board and I also made sure that it doesn't belong to the enemy's Torch, by clicking on the repeaters.

I just realise he transforms into the fire form when his yellow passive power activates.

Great news! I love to be wrong when we players benefit :)
    I'll try to test it out with 5* Professor X purple etc.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    3/5/5
    I really like the mechanic on his green - definitely made me think of a wildfire, what with the fire getting bigger and bigger every turn (unlike 3* torch, which gets weaker each turn). Running Gritty and the loaner in the current Torch PvP, I had quite a few evil chuckles when his repeaters were dropping enemies left and right. I let Kitty use the red, which not only gave her a nice additional strike tile to play with, but improved the chances of his repeaters sticking around. 
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2019
    Something I noticed in his PvP event is that he's a nice subtle way to hinder Thorkoye a bit.  He puts his strike tiles on yellow whenever anyone else on your team fires off a power.  That means that half-health Gladiathor won't destroy them, and you'll need to get your yellow AP the old fashioned way.  That means less healing for Okoye, and more health packs used up.

And don't forget wildfire creating Green Repeater tiles, which means Thor can't get rid of that either.
  • MrEd95
    5/5/3

That’s great to hear! I did try it out when I first unlocked him with jubilee, but I got my 4 repeaters on the board, changed their colours, and just as I was about to find out myself, Torch died
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Ugh.  The T100 reward is T4rch's one non-active ability that requires other team members.  1 v 1 against Red Hulk (well, anyone, really) with no powers is textbook lucky board or lose design.
  • HoundofShadow
    There's always supports - one of the best thing in this game. It can turn difficult nodes into easy node or turn a 3* or 4* into a semi-5*.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I got a yellow from PVP, and was able to take that node on primarly match damage. I finally did a team up that wasn't overly powerful (i just get whatever shows up, i don't request or curate those) just to get a strike on the board and do a little damage. It wasn't that bad.

You guys remember when we used to get bespoke boosts for these new characters so they wouldn't be so awful on their ST solo nodes? wonder why those went away?
  • Kojubat
    Kojubat Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    edited September 2019
    You guys remember when we used to get bespoke boosts for these new characters so they wouldn't be so awful on their ST solo nodes? wonder why those went away?
    Total guess: People didn't use them.

Not that they are bad or anything - it's sort of the hoarding syndrome of video games. If a game gives something that might be useful later, some players will save it for the "better" time that may never come and brute force wherever the game intended it to be used.
    In this particular game, brute force is a viable solution to most problems, so there was also not a perceived need by other players.

So when they start piling up, it now becomes a UI/database issue. Look at something like sending Team Ups: that UI was definitely not designed for players with 300+ characters. Notice how the little navigation dots give up after a few pages.
  • eddidit
    eddidit Posts: 86 Match Maker
    I'm confused are all of the wildfire tiles supposed to do damage or just one? I had 4 tiles on the board and only 1 of them counted down and did damage. Am I misunderstanding this?