This Would Be Nice For The Anniversary...

13»

Comments

• ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    After listening to the PW podcast I realized another "this would be nice..." item for the Anniversary which would fit the bill for being fun/celebratory, yet still relatively realistic from an implementation standpoint: an alternate costume for 3* Thanos gained from either PVE or PVP progression which followed the "Thanos Hands of Fate" meme that was going around.
    https://knowyourmeme.com/photos/1318605-the-avengers

Due to needing Marvel approval, it's extremely unlikely, but I can dream...
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,722 Chairperson of the Boards
    I dunno what triggered this thought, but sure, lets throw it out to the wolves -- and feel free to tweak it if you like it enough

What if there was a Trivia thing where the answer to the question is the character you choose in a one on one fight?

Example:. Theres a fight against Dr Doom as a one on one.  You get to the character select screen, and a question flashes and freezes at the top of the screen, with a 20 second countdown beneath it ticking away.  The question is "Who has defeated Dr Doom before?"
    You can pick any character for the fight, but if you pick a character that correctly answers the question AND if you win the fight, you get DOUBLE the rewards you'd usually get.

You can make the question Marvel history based (like above), or even in-game knowledge based, i.e "Which character commented on another character's fishnets?"

This way, we could celebrate our trivial knowledge about the game, marvel history, and get rewarded for it, and still, if you dont know the answer, you at least get basic victory rewards.

I can imagine a Simulator based on this concept.  I think itd be a fun diversion from the norm.  Oh, and if it wasnt obvious, the timer is there to stop/hinder people from doing web research.  I know - people will look up online FAQs and whatnot ahead of time, but thats a hazard that EVERY game deals with.
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    PiMacleod said:
    I dunno what triggered this thought, but sure, lets throw it out to the wolves -- and feel free to tweak it if you like it enough

What if there was a Trivia thing where the answer to the question is the character you choose in a one on one fight?

Example:. Theres a fight against Dr Doom as a one on one.  You get to the character select screen, and a question flashes and freezes at the top of the screen, with a 20 second countdown beneath it ticking away.  The question is "Who has defeated Dr Doom before?"
    You can pick any character for the fight, but if you pick a character that correctly answers the question AND if you win the fight, you get DOUBLE the rewards you'd usually get.

You can make the question Marvel history based (like above), or even in-game knowledge based, i.e "Which character commented on another character's fishnets?"

This way, we could celebrate our trivial knowledge about the game, marvel history, and get rewarded for it, and still, if you dont know the answer, you at least get basic victory rewards.

I can imagine a Simulator based on this concept.  I think itd be a fun diversion from the norm.  Oh, and if it wasnt obvious, the timer is there to stop/hinder people from doing web research.  I know - people will look up online FAQs and whatnot ahead of time, but thats a hazard that EVERY game deals with.
    This is a great idea, as long as we have Stan Lee on the screen when the questions pop up. 

Excelsior!
  • MrBowers
    MrBowers Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    Hoping for more feeders, any of these would be good

xfdp for cable
    rogue for gambit
    invisible woman for god emperor doom
    thanos for hela
    nightcrawler for aangel 
    magik for kitty
    cho for banner

i could suggest some other obvious ones like iceman and prof x for their 5* versions respectively but I know that won’t happen as they are way too soon

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    I didn't go through the whole thread, but is this going to be the time we see the Limited Release character with all limited requireds in Shield Training?
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,722 Chairperson of the Boards
    I didn't go through the whole thread, but is this going to be the time we see the Limited Release character with all limited requireds in Shield Training?
    If so, thankfully all of my 4* limiteds are ready, except for needing one non-blue spider-ham.

If that pops up in an anniversary store or vault, with a limited Shield Training, my hoards will unleash to get it.