The Safe Rant Thread for Letting Off Steam.

Comments

• Stormcrow
    Stormcrow Posts: 462 Mover and Shaker
    Now that there's a specific, different Vanguard available in the Vault every time Fblthp's event runs, I don't see why it would ever make sense to gamble on Vanguard packs when you could just wait for the "alternate art" of the ones you want to go on sale and buy 'em directly.
  • OmegaLolrus
    OmegaLolrus Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Tremayne said:
    @Narcoticsagent - sorry to hear that! I can only recommend that you ignore the vanguard cards altogether - I have - it is simply to much of a money grab.
    I don't know, it's been quite lovely buying them from Fblthp. Super in love with Sarkhan the Masterless.
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tremayne said:
    @Narcoticsagent - sorry to hear that! I can only recommend that you ignore the vanguard cards altogether - I have - it is simply to much of a money grab.
    Agree with this completely. I had some luck with my initial pulls and I'll save my pinks for non duplicate content and use my gold for the alternate art Vanguards I want. 

I also feel eventually Vanguards will become non-dupe, so I don't see the point in wasting pinks on them. Elite packs had dupes at first too -- I lost a TON of currency on them. I learned my lesson on how to use my resources. Good things generally come to those who wait quietly and patiently in MtGPQ. Or brood angrily. Either way, waiting generally pays off. They make bad decisions, but see the error of their ways and reverse them. Until then my pink stuff will continue to go to EPs and I'll wait out Vanguards until they're either non-dupe, craftable or I don't care because they'll rotate out and I got a few from good little raspberry. 

tl;dr I chose what to steam over. 
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2019
    Had a perfect score in the coalition event, game decided to freeze at the loading screen after beating a match with every objective completed and the resolution was that I lost the match and got 0 points.  The developers really need to fix how the game handles freezes because 1 match in a coalition event makes a HUGE difference. :(:(

Additionally, ALL of my planeswalkers HP was reduced to 10 or less.  What is going on??
  • Narcoticsagent
    Narcoticsagent Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    I have played this game for 3 and a half years. Way back in the event that awarded rishkar's expertise as a prize I finished just 3 places outside of winning the rishkar's expertise due to game freezes. I have never finished a big bracket event since then without at least 1 match loss due to a game freeze or crash. Today I continue my multi year perfect streak of big event soft locks thanks to Tomik returning 2 gates to play after a landfall and soft locking the game.  108th place now with an otherwise perfect score.
  • SolRing
    SolRing Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    I've been free of vanguard lag on Greg's turn...buuut...with every node needing them games are slowing down in general especially when myself and the ui pull a few on turn 1.

Is there a single chase vanguard? 
  • bk1234
    starfall said:
    bken1234 said:

tl;dr I chose what to steam over. 
    So does everyone on each of the 51 pages of this thread :)
    Since I played FIRF for @Boogeyman and science and the greater good this weekend and we are talking about lag -- and I'm choosing about what to steam over...

I would like to steam over why more than 2.5 years later my game does not move when my screen is covered with clues, servos and energy -- in fact it's worse because now we've got all this other nonsense, my FIRF screen looks like a kindergarten mosaic project -- and yes, I did take awhile to come up with that -- the whole 45 seconds between every turn that I stare at the lovely kaleidoscope of different gems that completely stuns my game every singe turn in every legacy event. 

So 
    Much
    Stuffs
  • Boogeyman
    Boogeyman Posts: 223 Tile Toppler
    @bken1234

Ya, I sometimes have a very hard time discerning colors when everything is all lit up lol.  
  • FindingHeart8
    @bken1234 actually gives me a bit of a headache after a while of playing with those graphics
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    At 20 health against Harsh Mentor, going for that "Win with <10 life" objective.
    He gets a massive cascade and drops 3 Glorybringers.  ****.
  • FindingHeart8
    Mburn7 said:
    At 20 health against Harsh Mentor, going for that "Win with <10 life" objective.
    He gets a massive cascade and drops 3 Glorybringers.  tinykitty.
    That's most unfortunate luck  :/

Feels like these days we're back go Greg hitting 3 or more gem matches with every swap, of is that just my experience?
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mburn7 said:
    He gets a massive cascade and drops 3 Glorybringers.  tinykitty.
    That's most unfortunate luck  :/

Feels like these days we're back go Greg hitting 3 or more gem matches with every swap, of is that just my experience?
    I've actually figured it out.  Every single time I have lethal on the board (but not the ability to win that turn) the next turn Greg gets a cascade and dumps his entire hand.  Every.  Single.  Time.

Sometimes it matters, sometimes it doesn't, but I have learned to plan around the hand-dump as the game nears its end.  Really annoying.
  • FindingHeart8
    I'm not seeing Wrenn and Six as one of the available discounted planeswalkers.  I thought they *all were supposed to be available?

Some confirmation that she at least will be available, eventually, for crystals would be comforting.
  • Asylamb
    Asylamb Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    Wrenn and Six is 1) post-WAR planeswalker, while the sale offers only pre-WAR PWs, 2) it's a Promo Set walker, which is only purchasable within a pack (as of now). The similar situation is with Nissa Worldwaker, TED and Fblthp who are event-walkers that can only be acquired during the corresponding event and cannot be purchased in current sale.
  • bk1234
    edited September 2019
    I'm not seeing Wrenn and Six as one of the available discounted planeswalkers.  I thought they *all were supposed to be available?

Some confirmation that she at least will be available, eventually, for crystals would be comforting.
    From @Brigby on the PW Sale thread Re what would be excluded

“Thanks for your question, basically this means any Planeswalker released since WAR went live.  So that would include Liliana, Dreadhorde General, Nicol Bolas, Dragon-GOd, and Wrenn and Six.”

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/79698/upcoming-planeswalker-sale-9-12-19

Hope this helps!
  • FindingHeart8
    Thanks @bken1234 and @Asylamb that does help!

The only two PW I don't have that are preWAR are Huatli1 and CyclingNissa...the two junk walkers in my opinion lol
  • FindingHeart8
    So we are at 2 months now of a broken coalition scoreboard.  Do the developers not know how to fix it?