Let commanders kick out intruders in boss events

Sometimes it happens we approach boss events with free slots in the ally.
Happens low level players get in and join the event without asking and taking advantage of our work even if we kick them off.
As a commander I would like to have the power to remove unwanted players from the boss event list as well as taking back any prize they got from it.
This could also get along with players not doing their part in the fight.

+

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't think having the power to take back prizes earned is a good idea. In fact, it sounds like a recipe for disaster.

• abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Step 1: See boss event is coming
    Step 2: Make alliance private
    Step 3: Boss event ends
    Step 4: Make alliance public again.
  • DigitHAL9000
    DigitHAL9000 Posts: 61 Match Maker
    edited August 2019
    Abmoraz, you're right, we learnt it on our skin, but you can make a mistake and people can steal place to your legit allies.
    At least you should be abe to kick them out.
    Last event one of our members made 41k points.
    We kicked him out of the ally at the end of the event but I don't feel it fair letting him get all 8 prizes we won for completing 8 round on our own.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you completed all 8 rounds anyway, it sounds like no harm was done.  There's no additional prizes for scoring above that threshold, so you didn't miss out on anything.  It's your prerogative to kick him if you don't believe he'd contribute to future events, but retroactively removing prizes just seems vindictive.
  • DigitHAL9000
    If everybody gives the right effort to achieve something it's not fair some parasite gets the bonus anyway.
    Moreover if there's some intruder who should not be allowed to play in your event.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards

So how would you avoid commanders from abusing this ability?  Lets say that an alliance completes the event with everyone playing evenly and keeps on going far enough that they only need points from 19 players.  At this point the commander is in a position to threaten to take away the prizes any member has helped earn.  Or alternatively they could kick a random player to let a friend join in their place to take the prizes after completing a side node.

That solution seems worse than the problem it claims to solve.  Again: you've still got the option to not play with the person in future events by kicking them from your alliance.  Or if you want to vet new members, you can set the alliance to private.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    Agree with jamesh above completely. Sometimes people have a bad event, sure it is good to communicate but it isn't always possible. My alliance is normally able to reach/complete Round 8 but if somebody isn't participating we tend to just say they need to try and step it up next time. I wouldn't hammer them or want a clawback though, nobody else has suffered just give them a warning that if they are only there to ride on the others coat tails they can expect to be booted as offering too little effort. However: distinction between effort and how far they can actually go in the event.

As above for "low level players" - I have found that you can help and nuture them, maybe next event they have more of the characters and can put more points on the board, I had one event where a 3* player outscored everybody else, booting him because the event before was tricky for him would have been a bad decision.

• DigitHAL9000
    Lemme say if anybody finds himself in a situation where he/she has to fear his/her commander's punishments, well, they're in the wrong ally.

I can understand your point of view, but at least someone should be able to remove unwanted players from the boss event's players list.

Everybody can make a mistake and they should be able to set it right if it's so simple.

About prizes, I can suggest an alternative way.
    For example getting prizes until to higher round you achieve to get points in.
    If you get points until round 3 you get ally prizes until round 3 but not after because you didn't contribute.
    If you play rounds 1, 3, 5 and 8 you get all the prizes until round 8 because you were able to contribute.
    Even if you join late and play only round 8 you get prizes until round 8.