**** Human Torch (Jim Hammond) ****

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    3/5/5
    bluewolf said:
    wymtime said:
    So I am glad we now have a character to protect repeater tiles. right now repeater tiles are some of the worst in the game especially in the 5* tier.  I am not sure if he will make Captain Marvel, Loki, Kingpin powers much better, but I like the effort.  I actually think his strike tile will be more valuable than his repeater protection.

overall I still think he is interesting and think 5,5,3 will be his best build.
    Man, today is the day to forget about old 5's.  Mr. Osborn is waving his hand frantically right now.

@Brigby
    I realize the opportunities for a 4* cover in PVP placement pale in comparison to the number you can get from PVE, but technically the Squirrel Girl PVP is part of the Human Torch's release events.
    And a newer one. Cable Fortifies Countdowns and Repeaters whenever you make a yellow match.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    The whole Prof X HP store thing has thrown me, I was still counting his release as last Thursday and so was surprised we have another character coming this week but I guess technically his release was with the extended TaT Store?

As for 4* Torch I agree with the comparison with Shuri.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like that these are all short-timer repeaters since those are immune to Kitty (compared to countdowns).

I'm still waiting on that character that can decrement the timers on them. It does seem the pendulum has swung back to cheaper, low damage powers to capitalize on power adders like Okoye and Gritty, which I suppose is fine if you have those, and underwhelming if you don't. The war between the haves and have nots continues...
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 689 Critical Contributor
    If you were to get a board filled with friendly repeaters, his red would be the most powerful playable character move in the game apart from 3* Deadpool's Whales. With 64 repeaters, at level 270 it would deal 73,851 damage to the enemy team. In comparison, 4* Luke Cage's yellow, with 64 tiles, at level 270 does 126,592 damage to a single enemy.
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2019
    tiomono said:
    RickOShay said:
    We really really need a 5* who uses Blue-Purple-Black to compliment the overly common yellow-red-green characters. 
    Banner is weeping in the corner. There is also prof x now. 

There are only 2 yellow-red-green users in 5* play though. 4* has a pretty heavy dose of nearly every combo of colors.

He said “use” purple/black/blue. Last I checked, Banner only uses black and Professor Moneybags only uses purple. 

Thank you, yes Active abilities. I should have stated that specifically.
    I believe the dev's have noticed that creating a 5* character who has Active abilities in Blue-Purple-Black would be super OP in a Thorkoye trio.

Banner is not really a blue-purple-black User at all (and I enjoy him much more than others do). 
    And the new Prof $$ isn't either. He will be great with Thorkoye so don't get me wrong, but he's not adding 3 active abilities to the team. He's adding 1 excellent active ability (with 6 options) and 2 good passives, and that's cool.

**Separately, it sounds like people are expecting that you can spam 4orch's green.
    Once it's played are we sure you can play it again if he already has a green repeater out?
    Also, there's a max of 5 anyway, So, if you have 4 out and can play it again with 6 green AP, do you really want to since you Will already be getting a free one at the start of the next turn (until there's 5 total)? ** 
    I don't think Wildfire is as spammable as people think, even though it's cheap.  

Love hearing that his red would remove the fortification on fortified repeaters for the team damage (with random chance to also remove un-fortified repeaters). 

Yeah, 4orch, Emma, Nico sounds exuberant. 
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/5/3
    WEBGAS said:
    Another character nobody was looking for... and no notice about fixing the exhisting problems with this game. It seems we are on auto-pilot  :(
    And yet people still act surprised.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    His Wildfire repeaters are going to wipe wave nodes with the right team like Okoye, Gritty or Nico/R4G.

Bullseye could replace R4G to flood the board with strike tiles with the correct timing or support. Then, use Blaze Beyond Control to wipe out the last wave, if needed.

This is basically an improved version of 2* or 3* Human Torch, minus away the ap reduction of his countparts, with the exception of yellow/black power difference.

His green repeater does create the image of wildfire in my mind.  B)

I hope the animation would be beautiful. 

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yet another 4* character that once you are in 5* land will only be useful when it is required.  If others find a good use for him, fantastic.  Otherwise I feel like I need exactly one cover of him and then stash him away until his required node comes around.
  • heybub
    heybub Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    Yet another 4* character that once you are in 5* land will only be useful when it is required.  If others find a good use for him, fantastic.  Otherwise I feel like I need exactly one cover of him and then stash him away until his required node comes around.
    Yet another 4* character that once you are in 4* land, you can't keep track of any of them anymore, and all they do is dilute the pool.  Otherwise I feel like I need exactly one cover of him and then stash him away until his required node comes around.  I mean I only really play with 6 of 173 characters, not counting the deadpool dailys.  Oh, and good luck trying to get to 4* land if you are in 3*ville, because actually champing a few 4*s is nearly impossible since the pool is so diluted.

With that said, this guy actually seems interesting as have a few of the past 4*s (sabretooth, thanos).
  • soontir
    soontir Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Who is required for his shield training?
  • heybub
    heybub Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    With all these characters, and everything getting so stale, I feel like d3 should do the Thanos snap, and just wipe out 50% of them.  Give everyone a token for each character lost that would give a single cover to those that are left (5* gives 5* token, 4* gives 4* token, ect).  Everyone body would complain, but it would break up the monotony of it all.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    When we get a new Human Torch and a man who is made of Lava is not impressed, maybe things have hit critical mass...
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 968 Critical Contributor
    3/5/5
    soontir said:
    MYSTERIO
    BLACK PANTHER
    THING
  • max5esq
    max5esq Posts: 56 Match Maker
    soontir said:
    MYSTERIO
    BLACK PANTHER
    THING
    Mysterio...yuck, I am not close to having enough covers of him.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2019
    5/5/3
    max5esq said:
    soontir said:
    MYSTERIO
    BLACK PANTHER
    THING
    Mysterio...yuck, I am not close to having enough covers of him.
    I'm at 8 on my mysterio. So I will get one soon as a progression reward and have to hope #10 drops as a bonus hero hero before shield training ends.

Edit: got a bonus hero mysterio this morning. So once I get the webbed wonder progression mysterio I will have my 10 covers.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just played the S.T. intro node. You are up against 4* Juggernaut, Mordo and Mockingbird. Not a team to be trifled with. I used all loaners (Mysterio and Black Panther). Torch had lots of green repeaters out but the board was not in my favour. Mockinbird kept laying bombs and I got kicked around a lot by both Mordo and Juggs. Torch was pretty quickly downed but the other two managed (just) to win. Not impressed by Torch sorry to say.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I thought he was pretty decent myself, but I used my 282 P4nther over the loaner. Mysterio synergy is less than awesome with P4nther, since his yellow shouldn't be used until after you have one of the yellow repeaters on the board - otherwise all your yellow turns into purple.

In other news, I got lucky in the WW store and pulled a 7th cover for Mysterio with a bonus chavez followed by an Iron Spider champ level with a bonus chavez, so that was helpful.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,716 Chairperson of the Boards
    He seemed decent to me in ST, but not meta shaking at all.  

I see him being fun with M5rvel and Ic5man, but its just a niche combo.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Anybody doing cheap/easy AoE damage like that is going to slay with the existing power adders (okoye/gritty), so I'm sure we'll see him around.