MPQ Sneak Peek: August 2019 Edition *Updated (8/23/19)

1234568»

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,244 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    I hadn't even noticed the Shield Training announcement. Of course I concentrated on my Black Cat so it's Mysterio. Oh well, she is a better character in my opinion so I don't feel too badly cheated. Now to chase Juggernaut when he is in packs which will be this week, right?
    New 4's enter packs at the beginning of the following season, assuming all their events are finished by season end (AKA their PVP).  This happens in the AM (EDT) so approximately 48 hours from now, Juggernaut will be in tokens.  I have been saving Heroics all season, up to 123 now, on the off chance I can pull him from there.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    I hadn't even noticed the Shield Training announcement. Of course I concentrated on my Black Cat so it's Mysterio. Oh well, she is a better character in my opinion so I don't feel too badly cheated. Now to chase Juggernaut when he is in packs which will be this week, right?
    New 4's enter packs at the beginning of the following season, assuming all their events are finished by season end (AKA their PVP).  This happens in the AM (EDT) so approximately 48 hours from now, Juggernaut will be in tokens.  I have been saving Heroics all season, up to 123 now, on the off chance I can pull him from there.
    Great, thanks Bluewolf. Now if we can just get confirmation on when Prof X enters Latest then that will be a good time to go for some BH Juggy with all three 5's being decent.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    5*s generally land in latest 2weeks after their CP stores close on that monday, but since X came out in an HP store with an odd length, i have no idea if it's this coming monday (labor day in the us) or the following, or some other day.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    Yup yup. Thursday. Been hoarding most of my resources for my 6 cover Juggernaut. Currently at 52 heroics, 5 legendaries and 526 cp. Hoping I can get lucky with bonus heroes and pulls to get him covered, and maybe snag a Kitty cover from classics too, so he's ready to go for Shield Sim and pve.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,244 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Brigby

I hope we get the September Sneak Peek thread today.....I'm wondering who the 5E will be for Simulator.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *Check out the September Sneak Peek HERE
  • turianbrandy
    turianbrandy Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    bluewolf said:
    We've been around and around on the whole "how many times does a character need to be essential before they can be in ST?".  The answer is "There's no set number".

So far Black Cat has been essential 3X.  Mysterio is getting his 3rd go round as an essential starting Thursday.  Basically they are equal, the only problem being if you tried to predict who you'd need for ST and leveled Black Cat and/or had favorited her first to get to 10 covers.  (You do have the chance through today to get a cover for Mysterio from Shield Simulator if that helps).

Now...the devs have established by practice (and one subtle statement I ran across on Discord)that the person who is rewarded just before Shield Training, and essential in PVE during it, is one of the 3 essential people there.

I'm sure the devs won't respond with any form of answer that clarifies their pattern....if there is one, and it's not just random to some degree.

If you wanted to try to make sense of a pattern, here is the list of essentials back to 6/3 through the new release this Thursday 8/29, in spoilers:

Talos(L)
    Kingpin
    Rocket&Groot
    Thanos (L)
    Magik (L)
    Ronin (L)
    Black Cat - new
    Invisible Woman
    Spider-man (IW) (FFH)
    Peggy Carter 
    Mysterio - new
    Miles (FFH)
    Sabretooth (L)
    Ronin (L)
    Black Cat (L)
    Gamora
    Kate Bishop
    Sabretooth (L)
    Juggernaut - new
    Ronin (L)
    Mysterio (L)
    Gwenpool
    War Machine
    Black Cat (L)
    Sabretooth (L)
    Mysterio (L)

I guess the last two rounds have followed a Black Cat, Sabretooth, Mysterio pattern (just looking at those 3) so that might be why we have what we have.  Sometimes we get weird things like a Ronin thrown in later than expected though.

We're at the point that saying that something has been said before, has already been said before o_O sigh devs.