This Would Be Nice For The Anniversary...

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    Greenroom said:
    DAZ0273 said:

2) allowing players to have access to 4* covers or that extra 15CP more easily in PvPs, compared to a zero chance of getting them in PvPs at all.

Sorry Hound, can you explain this one please?
    I assume he means having points based AND win based progression. 
    Ah right. I'm not sure this argument is really going to bother those who could do this anyway points based.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    I rarely heard or come across employers raising wages to keep up with the cost of inflation. But I do hear and read about news about companies laying off employees, implementing some other cost-cutting measures or passing the increase in expenses to consumers when operation expenses are increased.

You’ve really never heard of people getting raises?  Or heard of wages increasing to keep up with inflation? Yikes. 

The above chart shows how minimum wage has increased over the years. Notice how the red line is going up? That’s raw dollars a person makes. Notice the green line that’s all over the place? That’s raw dollars adjusted for inflation. Like I said, a dollar 30 years ago does not have the same value as a dollar today. There was a time when $2 an hour was enough to live off of believe it or not. That’s not the case now, so wages have increased. People make 4x that today, but aren’t working 4x as hard.    Whether you’ve heard of it or not, I have two real world examples in the working world which is what you asked for. 

The developers still think a 4* today, with over 80 characters in the tier has the same value as it did when we had half as many. That’s a problem. 

We all agreed earlier that champ rewards (which include feeders) were the last big “minimum wage” increase we had. If wins based is your first and only example as to how the developers have sweetened the pot beyond that, then that is saying something. Many people myself included can hit 1200 without wins (I also do it without coordination), so not really a raise in rewards for many players. 

And FYI. We used to get increased rewards for pop up ads. The developers were nice enough to remove the ads, but removed the rewards as well, unless you were willing to pay real world dollars (these are the shield intercepts you get for 30 days after any purchase). Idk if this was before your time, but it was already a thing. 
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    An answer to any question ever....
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    I rarely heard or come across employers raising wages to keep up with the cost of inflation. But I do hear and read about news about companies laying off employees, implementing some other cost-cutting measures or passing the increase in expenses to consumers when operation expenses are increased.

You’ve really never heard of people getting raises?  Or heard of wages increasing to keep up with inflation? Yikes. 

The above chart shows how minimum wage has increased over the years. Notice how the red line is going up? That’s raw dollars a person makes. Notice the green line that’s all over the place? That’s raw dollars adjusted for inflation. Like I said, a dollar 30 years ago does not have the same value as a dollar today. There was a time when $2 an hour was enough to live off of believe it or not. That’s not the case now, so wages have increased. People make 4x that today, but aren’t working 4x as hard.    Whether you’ve heard of it or not, I have two real world examples in the working world which is what you asked for. 

The developers still think a 4* today, with over 80 characters in the tier has the same value as it did when we had half as many. That’s a problem. 

We all agreed earlier that champ rewards (which include feeders) were the last big “minimum wage” increase we had. If wins based is your first and only example as to how the developers have sweetened the pot beyond that, then that is saying something. Many people myself included can hit 1200 without wins (I also do it without coordination), so not really a raise in rewards for many players. 

And FYI. We used to get increased rewards for pop up ads. The developers were nice enough to remove the ads, but removed the rewards as well, unless you were willing to pay real world dollars (these are the shield intercepts you get for 30 days after any purchase). Idk if this was before your time, but it was already a thing.
    Yeah, I used to love those intercepts when I got them. Watch a little video then get a heroic or cp or what have you. I'd like to see them brought back in some form like a mini survey or a short video showing off the latest new character. Maybe give people the option to disable them so if you're on a pvp run or fighting for top placement in pve the last thing you want is to watch a 30 second commercial. But then afterwards you turn them back on when  you're doing DDQ, lightning rounds or Shield Sim when you're not stressed for time.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    In your first reply, you were talking about wages. I get that employers raise wages of their employees who have been working with them for years. It's normal and it's usually a choice made voluntarily by the companies or it's a negotiation between the employers and employees.

However, subsequently, you showed me the relationship between minimum wage and inflation.

Minimum wage is determined by the state. The state determined that minimum wage has to be raised, and companies have to abide by the rules.

There is a term called wage push inflation. You increase the wages at the wrong %, and the company will have to pass the cost to someone, typically the consumers, because it affects their net profits. This increase in minimum wage in turns affects everyone, eventually. 

Likewise, I'm going to limit the scope to increment in rewards via progression rewards. if you increase the minimum  rewards via progression rewards too much, this will affect the revenue or profitability of the business in the long run.

Why? Because things that are gotten easily have close to zero value or value that players are unlikely to pay for with real cash or they expect it be dirt cheap because they could easily get them in the game. Examples are the first three tiers of character covers. Their values are really low because you can get them all within a few months of playing PvPs/DDQs/PvEs. 

Secondly, the expectation of increment in rewards is pretty high here. If you add an extra 4* cover somewhere in the game, I think it's okay, but it's likely not be okay here. If you expect them to add in an extra 4* covers to 3-5 areas of the game simultaneously, or expect a combination of increment in 4* covers and high CP increment everywhere or a classic tokens, then it's unlikely to happen. 

Win-based PvPs might not be useful to those who could already get them, but it's useful to those who can't at all.

Whatever decisions the devs made or will make are not always meant to please only the vets, they also have to cater to some other groups of players.
  • grumbLEGO
    grumbLEGO Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    At this point I would just like an SL 10, with progression rewards to fit the level, with say the features 5* as a reward the same way we have 2*, 3*, and 4*s in the progression rewards. Maybe even (this might be asking too much) have SL 10 give 3 4* covers and 1 5* in the same way SL 9 has 3*s and a 4*
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2019

The devs doesn't force all players to watch 15 to 30 sec ads while in the midst of playing the game, nor do they pop-up  all of their current offer(s) in the players' face every single time they log-in to the game.

with that overkill of ads i have a hard time imagining the game would
    have a fraction of the playerbase. pretty sure I would delete mpq after 2days.
    btw, editing quotes is hard... 
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Coke Rewards, Disney vacations , Uber rebates, I get free food in the costco, wallmart has the Freeosk, Horoscope.com gives me a free "reading" every year on my birthday, I get any coffee drink @ Dutch Bros,  I get a digital Birthday card from vendors and my favorite bartender pours me the Islay he knows I like (slainte!). so the idea of giving things away for free as incompatible with best business practices is total baloney.
    Disney wants me to go to their park instead of Universal so they entice the consumer with good deals that are better than their competitors. Because I get two extra days at the parks of my choice and a free night doesn't mean that Disney fired a janitor somewhere. Because they instituted Fastpass through the app doesn't mean that they killed off development of the Ratatouille ride. Why would I value the days I paid for less now because I get two days free and so don't appreciate the cost associated? If anything that makes me appreciate I was just given over 500$ in value for little or no effort. I complained about the trash in the park and they gave me credit to spend in their stores. When you talk to the manager about hair in your food they replace your fries and give you a free combo meal at McDonalds because McD's understands that the lifecycle of a customer is worth more than the 15c costs associated with the food in question. I am going to spend that money somewhere so they want to give good customer service. Ever heard the British expression: penny wise, pound foolish? 
    Do you get how making customers HAPPY is GOOD for business? maybe if your shopping at The Poke-in-the-eye Shoppe, or Rocks Us stores or you are limited to a chaebol that you need to be thankful for their mere presence in your life with obedience and loyalty you might not be familiar with the concepts. But ya know Hound, I think you DO know and you get some superiority kick out of portraying everyone else as greedy, spoilt children. The dis-ingenuity is showing through because you betray your understanding elsewhere.Your attempts to constantly paint the players as bad is so old bro. 

What I think would be cool for Anniversary is:
     the typical chances at the Limiteds,my 3/1/0 Tasky is so pitiful and i have a 12 cover ham I am itching to finish
    A silly costume for Gwenpool
    an update to the support "store" to include buy now prices and a rotation that includes chances at Infinity Stones,
     24hr  20 man lightning rounds,
    Gauntlet to run alongside,
     I don't really have any pref for PvP but if it's just a standard rotation then big waste,
    I would like a purchase bundle other than the 30%HP sale.
  • HoundofShadow
    Given that MPQ is a F2P game to begin with where you don't need to spend a single dime to progress in the game, I've never said giving away free stuff is incompatible with best business practices. And many of those businesses that you mentioned are retail businesses, which is a different business model from MPQ.

Please find me examples of F2P mobile games that use IP licenses from the likes of Marvel as part of their main selling point, and where the devs will give more and more free stuffs to players whenever they request for it.

Unfortunately, I'm not the only person in the F2P mobile game communities who think that players' appetites for more and more free in-game resources can never be satisfied. 

Google around and you will find that for every group of players that are not happy with devs not giving them more free resources permanently, there exists another group of players who find that that the first group should either grind for those rewards or pay money to advance.

I'm not against the dev updating the rewards, but what I don't agree is expecting the devs to give players big chunks of free resources permanently without any tradeoff.

• The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 491 Mover and Shaker
    shardwick said:

Yeah, I used to love those intercepts when I got them. Watch a little video then get a heroic or cp or what have you.
    I've been playing this game on mobile for 4+ years and never saw an interstitial ad, let alone one that gave something as good as CP (even only 1 or 2 adds up).
    What era of the game did this happen in?  Was this another one of their A/B test?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2019
    shardwick said:

Yeah, I used to love those intercepts when I got them. Watch a little video then get a heroic or cp or what have you.
    I've been playing this game on mobile for 4+ years and never saw an interstitial ad, let alone one that gave something as good as CP (even only 1 or 2 adds up).
    What era of the game did this happen in?  Was this another one of their A/B test?
    If you've been a paying customer (VIP) all that time, you would never have seen an ad.  Anyone who spent received the bonus rewards without the requirement of watching an ad.

The bonus rewards and ads debuted simultaneously, I think.  Eventually ads were eliminated because Steam players couldn't opt in to them.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    shardwick said:

God my memory sucks these days. Let me think, it was in my early days of playing so maybe like late 2017 or early 2018. 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    shardwick said:
    shardwick said:

God my memory sucks these days. Let me think, it was in my early days of playing so maybe like late 2017 or early 2018. 
    WAY before that.
    They removed the feature because it broke on some platforms.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2019
    Shield Intercepts started in November 2016.  (Now known as bonus rewards.)

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/54553/s-h-i-e-l-d-signal-intercepts-arriving

As noted, you could either watch an ad to get a bonus reward, or if you had spent any money in the game in the past 30 days, you would get the reward without being prompted to do so.  1CP has been the best thing you get from bonus rewards/Shield Intercepts since it started.

In May 2017, they discontinued the program.

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/64661/discontinuing-s-h-i-e-l-d-signal-intercepts-updated-5-18-17/p1

My understanding is that Steam did not allow the pushing of ads so those players never had the option of getting free bonus rewards, so they shut down the program.
  • Therealsmkspy
    Therealsmkspy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2019
    The devs have actually taken awards away from us. 

Dropped Red iso dupe amounts for circuit support (I can't even remember the name of it now), then removed that completely. And it's probably 187 at this point.

I'd love some improvements of any kind for the anniversary, but have zero expectations at this point.

• HoundofShadow
    edited August 2019
    Same to you and your like-minded people, Talamut.  :p
    I guess that's why the devs come here as often as elipse occurences because they know what you guys are going to say and how you guys are going to react anyway.   :o

Anyway, I wonder what challenging alliance event the devs is going to come up with? The last one gave up to eight LTs. Maybe they could bring back MPQ players-based alliance or raid event where progression rewards are based on MPQ universe's progress as a throwback. They could modify the difficulty. 
  • Talahamut
    Talahamut Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    Anyway, I wonder what challenging alliance event the devs is going to come up with? The last one gave up to eight LTs. Maybe they could bring back MPQ players-based alliance or raid event where progression rewards are based on MPQ universe's progress as a throwback. They could modify the difficulty. 
    Sure! Anything new and different would be great if it also gives some useful rewards, like the LT example you give.

(...that's kind of what everyone is saying...)