Talos (quenched laughter) vs. Captain Marvel

qandols
qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
No, just no. Mine is only 168 and I made a half hearted try. He was killed quite soon despite that Marvel did not get any red. Cannot muster energi for more tries. The first CotT LT in a long while I wont get.

Comments

• helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Same here, except mine is lvl 209 (and I won’t waste ISO to level him any higher) and results no different. Marvel Frustration Quest in full effect.
  • qandols
    Talos id waayyy OP. Nerf him I say, nerf him! I should change the headline to Hysterical laughter.
  • qandols
    @ Southside84 Kudos to you!
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    I died the first time then put him to 3/5/5, +2 r/y +2 b/p +2 all, matched a few reds and blues, stunned her, kept matching reds and blues, stun again as appropriate and the match damage ticked up nicely.
    Purple was useless. 
  • jtsings
    jtsings Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2019
      I guess the strategy here is to collect more red than C5rol, purple can also assist in you stealing more red from her.  So for those of you who have black covers for him you'll, supposedly, out match damage her; eventually.  So keeping this in mind with my 5/4/4 level 210 Talos, of course, there was absolutely no red matches available to either of us the entire match :/  .   I did win it though because I was able to stun her twice and good ol' level 150 Chewie provided the damage that Talos wasn't going to be able to provide because this character appears to be extremely board dependent.  For those of you who have a few black covers for him I'd try putting in 1 all AP and 2 Yel/Red boosts to give yourself a chance to increase match damage before the match even starts and definitely try to search for Red matches even before any of your own colors.
  • thechairman
    thechairman Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    4/2/1 Talos levelled up to 152 for the attempts. I was certain boosts were in order so I went all damage/blue purple damage/crit damage boost. I assumed I'd need to get lucky with some match-5s to come close to winning.

Turned out I was right, took the third try to get a match-5 to start, got one stun off timed to set up another match 5 which lined up to a purple match-4. That took off the last 3 or 4k of health, and I downed her.

The first two tries were awful. If I had any uses for boosts other than CoT matches I'd probably have stopped after 1 try.

Token was a Mr Fantastic champ level.
  • TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    Mine is champed and I still don't feel like bothering.
  • Tarelgeth
    Tarelgeth Posts: 67 Match Maker
    2/2/1 Level 111 Talos.  Deny red and green at all costs, and hope for as much blue as you can get.  The stun and drain works great on her, but she still packs a punch and will slap you around pretty proficiently.

I got a lucky board and won on the first try with no boosts.  As always, my 200 Chewie did much of the heavy lifting, and I got lucky with the number of times he triggered.

I'm sure Carol was very disappointed in him.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    So mine is 2/0/5. I took a first attempt at level 150, lost spectacularly. Ate a red, ate a green. 

So, try #2, I figure, what the heck. Took him up to level 160. I threw in +40% R/Y, +60% all, +2 R/Y, and my level 100 Taskmaster's Sword. I slaughtered her with the aid of a couple early match-5s, and the quick red AP lead that she was never able to recover, as the board went red-dry. My match damage went crazy. Something like 4K+ on a black match-5 that sealed the win (didn't kill her but left her one match from death).

So, huh. I really didn't expect that. Trade 7 boosts for an LL? Heck yes. Token to hoard.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    I can't justify levelling him up from 70 so I had a laugh and obviously lost. With a 1/4/1 I am not sure much will change if I did spend ISO so may have to chalk this up as a defeat.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2019
    Ugh. This is a more frustrating Crash than Flaptain's, which is saying something. 2/5/4 Lvl229* Talos finally managed it on the fourth try, with ALL the Damage Boosts, when I cascaded into a series of match-5s, purely through the grace of RNGsus.
    I think the first try really said the most about Talos, when I wasn't able to get Danvers down below half health even with an effective 14 free turns (12 of Stun, 2 Airborne). He really is an absolutely terrible character.
    *I'm ISO-positive, so I'll level up whoever, just because. I would not recommend putting ISO into him to anyone who's even slightly squeezed for it.
  • Feliz
    Feliz Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    He is woeful. Chewie support did more damage than everything he did lol. My token got me...another Talos cover. He got the last laugh and it was hardly quenched it was hearty.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,289 Chairperson of the Boards
    Even if I had him maxed at 270+, not sure if I would try.  The legendary token isn't worth the multiple agonizing match attempts and all the boosts I would waste.  He truly is a terrible character.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    My Talos is stuck at 2/2/2.  My attempts have...not gone well.  First LT I'll be missing in a long, long time.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    As I expected, my first try with a level 70 3/2/2 Talos did not go well - I'm not sure Marvel even knew he was there, to be honest. Twelve turns into the match: *squish*, "huh, wonder what I stepped on back there?", as she crushed Talos with match damage alone. 
    On the second try I brought Tiny T up to 147. To my shock I won - mainly on the strength of my level 100 Chewie. I managed to get eight attack tiles out, doing close to 1500 total damage a turn. It was still really close - I finished with under 500 health. In a cruel fashion, proving that Talos is good at only one thing: getting the last laugh, my reward was the THIRD Crash stinker reward in a row - an unusable Jubilee cover. 
  • qandols
    Ironically got a Talos black from daily reward Heroics this morning making him 2/2/5. Still reluctant to enter the fray with him.
  • qandols
    As has been said earlier, you need tremendous luck to win this. I do not have it usually and certainly not in this case.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    Maybe it is not too late for the Dev's to switch our opponent to a lvl 144 2* Cap Marvel instead. Although I'm still not convinced Talos would win without huge and terrible suffering...
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2019
    Won with a champed Talos on the second try. On my first try, the board was dropping colours in her favour. Her repeater was running wild; her green destroying row and up she flew to the sky and took Talos down.

On the second round, I was prioritizing red/blue/purple. I stunned, shapeshifted and match-damage her to victory. 15 more  is the golden number to hit 585%, provided you are shapeshifted.

His perfect partner is, without a doubt, America Chavez.