Any guesses to the Anniversary Character?

Options
PiMacleod
PiMacleod Posts: 1,723 Chairperson of the Boards
It shows in the google play store as
"80 years in the making"

And i always enjoy seeing all of your guesses...  

Who do YOU think it is?  
::Cue all Stan Lee ideas::

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Marvel Comics #1 was published on 8/31/39, 80 years ago. 

In the comic were The Submariner, The Angel (not the X-Man), The Masked Raider and the android Human Torch. 

Obviously it’s the Masked Raider, we’ve been without a cowboy for far too long!
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,913 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I’ve been thinking 5* Mags for awhile now. No reason why other than they seem to be doing a lot of X-Men re-releases in the 5* tier (I.e. all the Latests once Rescue is booted). Mags is probably the most wanted 5* remake so I’m thinking it’s him. Plus we had mutants the last two anniversaries (Cable, Gambit). 
  • Therealsmkspy
    Therealsmkspy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Don't care, just another character to cover (will probably be a limited 4*), I wish them to add some more (at all levels) feeders lol. 
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Probably not for anniversary, but we should be getting a Mantis or M'baku at some point.
    They are the most prominent MCU characters I can think of that have no MPQ version yet.
    Oh, or a Hank Pym.

Shang-Chi would help generate recognition ahead of his movie, but they will probably save him for a release tie in.
    Maybe some Eternals?
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Doesn't anniversary start in October not September? That would make this clue for a character that is not part of anniversary.

The clue is the return of supports. Specifically the eternity mask and its journey from character to character, ending in the release of the latest character to hold it, a new marvel character to be revealed as part of this year's 80 years of marvel celebration.

Wed August 28 is the release date for the comic marvel #1000 that has the eternity mask storyline and is put together by a huge group of artists.
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It's hinting at the 80th anniversary of Marvel, not the MPQ anniversary. Not sure what it could be though.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Brigby has revealed the colour of the next release as a 4* character with the following colours:

Yellow, Red, Green 

Vision (Aarkus)? :o

The colour fits him perfectly.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby has revealed the colour of the next release as a 4* character with the following colours:

Yellow, Red, Green 

I'd go with Cap wielding Mjolnir. Probably compliments Peggy Carter a little like if he were to fortify countdown tiles when an enemy is stunned.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    shardwick said:

Yellow, Red, Green 

I'd go with Cap wielding Mjolnir. Probably compliments Peggy Carter a little like if he were to fortify countdown tiles when an enemy is stunned.
    The only problem with that is it is MCU related rather than comic book specific as Cap lifted Mjolnir a long time ago in the comic books. Not that I would mind a Mjolnir Cap but it doesn't quite fit.
  • DAZ0273
    Options

Yellow, Red, Green 

Well as Vision and the original Human Torch have quite the link, maybe a 4* Vision fits the clue?
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    The android Torch entry on Wikipedia is a really good example of how maybe it would be better if there were less comics being produced sometimes. First Vision was a upgraded Torch, then he was a copy (still is) allowing all kinds of weird stuff to be done with Torch after that. 

Reading a comics history is sometimes like listening to your 7 year old tell you every single moment of a movie when you ask “what happened?”.....wanting them to get to the endpoint.....then realizing there will never be an endpoint, just endless shenanigans of death and rebirth, turning evil and good, becoming a virus to infect the world and later being rebuilt....
    Well you can probably blame John Byrne for that as he insisted on meddling with Steve Engleheart's Vision origin.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    Kahmon said:
    Probably not for anniversary, but we should be getting a Mantis or M'baku at some point.
    They are the most prominent MCU characters I can think of that have no MPQ version yet.
    Oh, or a Hank Pym.

Shang-Chi would help generate recognition ahead of his movie, but they will probably save him for a release tie in.
    Maybe some Eternals?
    It is probably best if we do get Mantis that they go with the movie version. Otherwise Brigby will have to post a description that includes "Former prostitute turned assassin who kills her male targets by crushing them between her thighs"...😂 
  • tiomono
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Kahmon said:
    Oh, or a Hank Pym.

Maybe some Eternals?
    It is probably best if we do get Mantis that they go with the movie version. Otherwise Brigby will have to post a description that includes "Former prostitute turned assassin who kills her male targets by crushing them between her thighs"...😂 
    And now I'm thinking of zangief in the first wreckit Ralph movie. "If zangief good. Who will crush men's skulls like sparrow eggs between thighs?"
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Options
    tiomono said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Kahmon said:
    Oh, or a Hank Pym.

Maybe some Eternals?
    And now I'm thinking of zangief in the first wreckit Ralph movie. "If zangief good. Who will crush men's skulls like sparrow eggs between thighs?"
    “Just because I am bad-guy does not mean I am bad guy.”
  • tiomono
    Options
    AXP_isme said:
    tiomono said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Kahmon said:
    Oh, or a Hank Pym.

Maybe some Eternals?
    “Just because I am bad-guy does not mean I am bad guy.”
    "Zombie agree, rrraaaaawr."
  • Palookaville
    Palookaville Posts: 83 Match Maker
    Options
    5* Stan Lee (but probably Jim Hammond)
  • Greenroom
    Greenroom Posts: 71 Match Maker
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Kahmon said:
    Oh, or a Hank Pym.

Maybe some Eternals?
    Anyone else watching "The Boys" on AmazonPrime? Very good show and this quote reminded me of a particularly twisted scene. 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Greenroom said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Kahmon said:
    Oh, or a Hank Pym.

Maybe some Eternals?
    Anyone else watching "The Boys" on AmazonPrime? Very good show and this quote reminded me of a particularly twisted scene. 
    Well, it definitely beats having Homelander laser eye you to death.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    Options
    all i can think of now is the scene with the guy with the ice girlfriend who couldn't completely control her powers while doing it...