Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Comments

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZootSax said:
    When Ant-Man beat Teen Jean in today’s crash, The LT gave me a yellow 5* Ice Man with a bonus yellow 5* Wasp.  While a Wasp cover typically isn’t a best moment of the day, with her yellow I’m now down to only five 5* characters who I have rostered without all three powers.

Baby steps...
    Seems like this may also belong in the "Good News/Bad News" thread.  Good news was that you got a bonus 5-star.  Bad news was that it was Wasp.  Bit of Both was is was the cover you needed.  :)
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZootSax said:
    When Ant-Man beat Teen Jean in today’s crash, The LT gave me a yellow 5* Ice Man with a bonus yellow 5* Wasp.  While a Wasp cover typically isn’t a best moment of the day, with her yellow I’m now down to only five 5* characters who I have rostered without all three powers.

Baby steps...
    If I got a yellow Wa5p cover, it would let me champ her. From the characters released from Peter Parker through Rescue, she's my only unchamped 5*. So I get where you're coming from, and I'd consider it my best moment if that happened too. 

But unless she is in a new 5* release store, I'll likely have to wait until my Level 320 Ant-Man gets to 350, because I'm not wasting a chance for a bonus hero on one that is 5/2/5.
  • sambrookjm
    DarthDeVo said:
    ZootSax said:

Baby steps...
    If I got a yellow Wa5p cover, it would let me champ her. From the characters released from Peter Parker through Rescue, she's my only unchamped 5*. So I get where you're coming from, and I'd consider it my best moment if that happened too. 

But unless she is in a new 5* release store, I'll likely have to wait until my Level 320 Ant-Man gets to 350, because I'm not wasting a chance for a bonus hero on one that is 5/2/5.
    My 5/5/2 Daredevil is in the same boat...except without the chance of a feeder getting that last cover he needs.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2019
    A feeder for DD might still come some day. I see that El4ktra isn't a feeder atm, and she'd be a good candidate thematically.

Edit: I noticed Kingpin is DD's feeder, so disregard the previous :)
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    DarthDeVo said:
    ZootSax said:

Baby steps...

My 5/5/2 Daredevil is in the same boat...except without the chance of a feeder getting that last cover he needs.
    Is your 4* Kingpin past 360 already? 
  • sambrookjm
    DarthDeVo said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    ZootSax said:

Baby steps...

Is your 4* Kingpin past 360 already? 
    He's at 295, so I would only need 25 more covers for one of the worst 4-stars to get the 5-star cover I need.  So technically not "no chance" but I think it's safe to say that I'll be waiting for the Heroes for Hire 250 CP to get him rather than going for the bonus hero.  (My only 4-star that's at LVL 320 is Carol)
  • sambrookjm
    With the boost from Okoye, I've had Punisher's Molotov Cocktail do around 28K damage.  Two of them took out Gladiathor.  Not bad for 14 black AP (and a whole lot of team up AP, but who's counting?)

• MrBowers
    MrBowers Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    Opened 5 classics today, got a goblin cover which I haven’t had in months maybe close to a year lol as well as a champ lvl for 5* im which also gave me a bonus g.e.d cover which was his 13th so I could champ him
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,245 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2019
    Not renewing my VIP.  

After 3 years. 

Hope Professor $ works out for ya. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    re-champed 2* Hawkeye with 32 saved covers, the 2 Hawk3y3 covers got me a Kate Bishop, that was level 280, and it got me a usable purple hawkeye for 2/5/3
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got the Black Cat cover from my first pull in the Apoc vault!
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Only two of the people who had joined my Unstable ISO-8 bracket before the end of the first sub have Professor $, so I can actually get good placement without having to deal with the 5* nodes!
    I also got a Storm black from my Crash Token. One more non-green and I can champ her!
    @TPF Alexis, you cost me a overall T10 by picking that bracket.
    I came in 11th, with you right ahead of me in 10th.

Well played... Well played.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Only two of the people who had joined my Unstable ISO-8 bracket before the end of the first sub have Professor $, so I can actually get good placement without having to deal with the 5* nodes!
    I also got a Storm black from my Crash Token. One more non-green and I can champ her!

Sorry about that. But, well, that is how the game goes. RNGsus knows I've finished enough events 11th, 21st, 51st, etc. :)
    My first pull in the Professor $ CP store was a Doctor Strange purple. Not the one that'll unlock anything for me, but still welcome!
  • sambrookjm

Well, she did "Like" your comment.  So you've got that going for you, which is nice.
  • carlj64
    carlj64 Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Didn't note as such but.

1* pull gold. Bonus hero. Both got legendary pulls. Pulled two 4*, one added legendary, one a Peggy bonus. Which gave me 5* Cap. And finished with Prowler
  • Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 372 Mover and Shaker
    Oh and I forgot to mention that I made it to 2000 in sim without having to fight one grittyship 🤩
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Bought out X5's vault to get the token. Got a 4* with it. Can't remember which. Both Alliance and I hit full progression so I got two more tokens. Was late pulling (compared to my Ally mates) and was reading about them getting X5 covers, in some case one mate got two X5s from his two tokens. So I was thinking they'd used up all our lucky.

Pulled a Gamora with my second token, while the third was not only an X5 but was his Blue cover to boot.

I may still spend a few LTs chasing his Purple cover when he enters Latest.