Kraven vs. Black Panther

qandols
qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
Champed Kraven. Don't really know what happened but suddenly BP was down. Kraven had some cd:s out and they generated lots of damage when they expired. I do not have all that experience with him, but this fight was all right. LT was a yellow Ice man.

Comments

• iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    No trouble for champed Kraven. Let BP match whatever he wanted as i wanted special tiles on the board

token was a prowler, saved for now as I haven’t champed him yet
  • thechairman
    thechairman Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    BP was dominating me for AP, but the more he used, the faster he went down.

Got my 1st Iceman cover.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Second try. The first time, Panther got enough AP to fire his blue twice, followed by a massive cascade that matched nearly all of the Protects for idek how much damage. Second time went better, with his Protects largely going into the corners where he couldn't match them and my Passive could just grind them down for damage.
    Token was a Storm black, bringing her to 3/5/4! Just one more non-green cover to champ her!
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    My level 70 3/5/3 Kraven didn't fare too well, getting crushed by match damage alone.
    The second try with a level 100 Kraven went quite well - Chewie attack tiles were doing close to 1k a turn, and black bit over 3k health. Sadly, my reward was a real stinker - a Talos black. Yuck! At least it was usable, bringing the desperately-in-need-of-a-buff Talos to 3/2/2. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,571 Chairperson of the Boards
    I discovered that I had several gazillion "Kraven boosts" back from when they were a thing so I whacked a bunch of them on my lvl 209 4/5/4 Kraven, sat back...and lost any way. Hurm. I boosted Krave up a few levels and...lost even harder. Third time it was pretty close, not really knowing what the hell Kraven actually does I sort of won without even realising it when he did something with something and something went something.

It was all a bit confused but hey, Kraven boosts!

• Ares76
    Ares76 Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    PuceMoose said:
    My level 70 3/5/3 Kraven didn't fare too well, getting crushed by match damage alone.
    The second try with a level 100 Kraven went quite well - Chewie attack tiles were doing close to 1k a turn, and black bit over 3k health. Sadly, my reward was a real stinker - a Talos black. Yuck! At least it was usable, bringing the desperately-in-need-of-a-buff Talos to 3/2/2. 
    You will need Talos very soon. He'll be the next Crash. I wonder who they choose a his opponent as Talos has no real powers that do damage.
  • DAZ0273
    Oh geez, Talos and his amazing stick. I hope the opponent is a 1* as otherwise it is going to be a loooong battle with that useless green numpty.
  • Tarelgeth
    Tarelgeth Posts: 67 Match Maker
    2/1/0 level 90 Kraven.  Chewie on, no boosts used.  First try lost at 40%, second try won with 3000 life left.  Deny red at all costs, and just let BP get as much blue and yellow as he likes, they're not actually a threat to you.

Token got me a 4* Cage
  • Feliz
    Feliz Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2019
    DAZ0273 said:
    Oh geez, Talos and his amazing stick. I hope the opponent is a 1* as otherwise it is going to be a loooong battle with that useless green numpty.
    Nooo wait don't wish for 1* unless you specify which 1*!! They might give us 1* Juggs and he will curb stomp our Talos :/

Oh yeah the thread...yeah felt sorry for BP my not champed guy was Kraven for panther dinner. 
  • DAZ0273
    Feliz said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Nooo wait don't wish for 1* unless you specify which 1*!! They might give us 1* Juggs and he will curb stomp our Talos :/

Oh yeah the thread...yeah felt sorry for BP my not champed guy was Kraven for panther dinner. 
    Ah, good point! Yeah, that 1* Hawkeye would be about right...
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Level 272 5/5/3 Kraven did it on the first try.  I forgot about Panther’s red and almost lost to that (he was two red short of being able to get it a second time for the win), but ended up winning with ~2,800 health to spare.

The LT gave me a black 4* Black Widow with a bonus black Black Cat (making her 2/4/3 Lv188).  That’s a whole lot of black, but all useful.  Also, two BH’s in a row off the Crash LT!
  • nordhofsweden
    nordhofsweden Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Level 293 5/5/3 Kraven. Won on the first try. My goal was to chase red - because that's pretty much the only way Panther would be able to win, but the board was not very helpful. He got it off once and got rather close to a second one. But as soon as he fired off his Kinetic Shield it was pretty much game, set and match. He was unable to match them so I punished him turn after turn until the match was over.