War machine green [Investigating]

MgoBlue51
MgoBlue51 Posts: 89 Match Maker
In the war machine pvp, his gattling gun (green) power gets no boost from Okoye... so they always do the same amount of damage regardless 

//Edited Title -Brigby

Comments

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hm. Gambit Red, Winter Soldier Purple, War Machine Green... seems like a pattern of powers that destroy tiles and do their own damage.

Anyone try this with TA Hulk Green?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    From this latest update:

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/73117/r154-release-notes-6-4-18

Okoye's power Wakanda Forever! no longer adds damage to powers that destroy tiles without dealing additional damage.

You can try this with either 3* or 5* Gambit's Aces & Eights. His A&E with charged tiles on the board should get a boost from Okoye's WF. However, his A&E without any charged tiles on the board wouldn't get any boost from Okoye's WF.

• MgoBlue51
    MgoBlue51 Posts: 89 Match Maker
    But his green DOES do additional damage. It does about 3-4K while boosted, roughly (if champed). So a required char + a latest 5* fails together. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I forgot his green does damage as well. Okoye's WF worked on Ragin' Cajun and Sentry's World Rupture. So, it should work for WM's Gatling Gun as well. 

So, this looks like a bug.

Her thread ended with a lot of unanswered questions about how her black passive interact with countdown tiles. 
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    I had the extra damage fail to apply to Ragnarok's green.
    I think there's an issue with powers that destroy tiles.
  • penguiniffic
    penguiniffic Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    Came to see if this had already been reported  and boom, there it was. I don't know what it might be about about the powers that both destroy tiles AND cause damage that are broken with Okoye. I'm wondering if there's a flag on powers for "tile_destruction=Y" or something, and the Okoye change after her release was just universally applied to these tags without regard for whether there is actual damage being applied...
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    @MgoBlue51
    @HoundofShadow
    @p@penguiniffic

Hey everyone. The team is aware of War Machine's Gatling Gun power and Black Widow's Sniper Rifle not getting a boost from Okoye. I don't believe they know there is an issue with Ragnarok's green power not getting boosted. @MoosePrime you might want to send a ticket to Customer Support with any details and you know how they love their screenshots (Of both teams and the board). 

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    Thanks @Tombstone, I submitted a ticket with screenshots.
    The target did not receive the damage boost, but the enemies behind did.
  • penguiniffic
    penguiniffic Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    Thanks @Tombstone - appreciate the update that it's being worked on.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    With War Machine the 4E, this morning I noticed Gatling Gun was not boosted by my Champion Okoye.

So still not fixed over a year later.

To be honest, I'd rather you first fix node placement on the event maps so they're not all bunched up on top of another.

War Machine is very, very occasionally the 4E, so this is only very, very occasionally an issue.
    Strange Sights, and other events where the the nodes are almost on top of one another, are run almost every month or so.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    If necromancing this thread to the top gets the bug looked at again, here is a newer thread filled with characters who are and are not working with Okoye's Wakanda Forever power: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/79221/wakanda-forever-how-does-it-even-work#latest