Emrakul's Corruption - Game Freezes (from pausing game?)

Options
raz
raz Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
The game complete froze on me, requiring me to force-close and restart (and the subsequent loss of game penalties).

This has happened in other events as well. From what I can tell, it happened when I checked my progress during the transition from my turn to the opponents. Pausing the game at that point (I was checking my objectives) causes the game to crash in a number of ways.

Most times, it may not be an issue, not sure if this is a bug/feature/card issue.

When it does cause issues, the pause screen won't go away and I can only Quit.

This time, it whole game/screen locked and I wasn't even able to quit from the menu. I had to shut the app down.

The only thing of note, that I could imagine being related to this, is I was using Teferi's Oath, so maybe pausing the game while that is "processing" causes issues. Regardless, it is unpleasant losing a game  (time, healing potion, attempts to beat a node, etc) due to a bug.

Comments

• Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,612 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sadly, this has been a recurring problem over the years. I have come to see it as a feature, not a bug. Though the devs. seems to have good intentions with this kind of problem, it has never truly been eliminated.

Example - Last week I had a completely frozen app, as in no response at all, no button worked and no animations were running. The problem arose during a complex interaction between several effects from supports on both sides of the board, possibly influenced by the PW and creatures also.

Until a sufficient number of bug reports show a recurring problem, I don’t think you or I should expect any progress on these kinds of issues, since it could take one or more devs. hours to hunt down such a bug and fix it. I have realised it is simply easier to let bygones be bygones, because the chance of these circumstances arising again are incredibly small.

That is at least how I think the priority is internally in the dev. team. So “patience, my young padawan”.