Fresh Objectives

Feiticiera
Feiticiera Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
Just for fun, I wanted to start a thread of secondaries that people would like to see/suggest for future events.  There's so many objectives that are the same or iterations of one another that they seem pretty stale, overall (at least these proliferate/partner/etc. Objectives are new, even if they only work half the time).   

There's so many different types of cards and functions that I wanted to share a couple of mine and see what others had in mind.  I've seen a few threads like this before from other users giving examples of ideas for different events, and if anyone has links to past threads or wants to rehash some that have already come up, please share those as well as any new thoughts and ideas!

Black secondary suggestions:

Necromancer - return 4 creatures from any graveyard to the battlefield under your control during one battle.

Death by 1,000 Cuts - Deal 30 or more cumulative damage during one battle in increments of 6 damage or less (ie raiders wake causes 3 damage, angrath's ult deals 6 damage per card, etc. - slamming a pw for 30 points via one beacon bolt wouldn't count, but 5 beacon bolts at 6 damage ea would)

White Secondaries:

Shun the Nonbelievers - Exile 2 or more creatures during a single turn.

Holy Blessing - Obtain 30 or more health during one battle.

Red Secondaries:

Battle Ready - cast 4 or more equipment supports in one battle.

Surprise attack - Cast three or more creatures with haste during a single battle.

Blue Secondaries:

Now You See Me... - Return 4 or more creatures to their owners hand during a single battle.

Search the Tome - Draw 4 or more cards during one turn.

Green secondaries:

Fertile Earth - Convert 30 or more gems to green during a single battle.

Underfoot - Cast 4 or more creatures with trample (or deal 15 or more damage by trample during a single turn... ie trample damage over the base opponents soak or however that would be worded).

I know some of these kind of suck, but I think a few would be fun to play with, also.

What are your secondaries you'd like to see?

Comments

• Matthew
    Matthew Posts: 605 Critical Contributor
    I agree with Starfall: objectives that limit you make things more interesting. It makes building a deck more challenging.

That said, I've actually been thinking about this a lot lately and have a few other ideas I'd like to see:

1. Objectives tied to loyalty use, such as only using an ability X times, or using all abilities at least once, or using absolutely no abilities for the whole match. I think objectives along those lines would be interesting, and they would force you to rely purely on your deck design.
    2. Objectives that last the whole event, instead of just one single match. Something like "Kill 20 creatures during this event," or maybe "Cast 100 spells during this event."
    3. It could be interesting to have an objective that counts how many cards you exile from your hand.
    4. I also really like the way the objectives are structured in Avacyn's Madness. In that event, you can shoot for the first objective, but if you miss it, you still have a chance at a second one that might simply take a little longer to accomplish.
  • Feiticiera
    Feiticiera Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    Those are both good suggestions, I really like the loyalty one - I could get down with that. 

And limiting a match to no more than one creature/support/vanguard in play at any one time might be challenging too.

I was also just thinking a 'Rares or Better' would be fun.  I detest these pauper deck objectives... I know increasing the rarity of deck restrictions would be unfair for newbies, but tiering it based on player level could help balance that.