Blurry Foreground [By Design]

Options
Fawkes2574
Fawkes2574 Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
Since the update, things seem a bit blurry. Anyone else getting this? Logged in today, went for the Deadpool Daily, went to the first round, and when it started things were a bit blurry. The silver team up tiles were silver smudges. The jewels were missing their appropriate icons. This resolved when I was trying to get a screen shot of it. But as the animations continued, (like Hawkeye firing his arrow), anything appearing in the foreground are a bit blurry. I can't get a screen grab because these happen too fast.

//Edited Title -Brigby

Comments

• Jaymz976
    Jaymz976 Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I noticed that, too, at first. The first time anything appears on screen in the game now, it is blurry as if it hasn't fully buffered. Once it has though, it doesn't do it again that I can tell. Probably images and other in-game items loading from server for the 1st time after update.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Hi Everyone. This is intentional.

We decided on having the new engine load low-res images first and having the hi-res load in the background. This way players can get immediately into matches or menus without having to endure a long loading screen that would otherwise delay game play.

Once you've downloaded the hi-res version once onto your device, you will no longer need to download it again.
  • Sabaton74
    Sabaton74 Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Call it summoning sickness