Quake Weekend Special Offer (8/16/19)

Options
Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited August 2019 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi Everyone,

Leave your opponents shaking in fear with the Quake Weekend Special Offer!

Check out the details below:

Quake Weekend Special
  • Starts: 8/16/19 12pm ET
  • Ends: 7/19/19 12am ET
  • Cost: $19.99 USD (converted to your region's currency and/or platform)
  • Content:
    • 3x Covers of Quake (Daisy Johnson) [1x of each ability]
    • 1x Command Point for you and your Alliance
    • 8,000 Iso-8

Comments

• AndiTi
    AndiTi Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I wish there was more ISO with these. 8K is a DDQ.

Quake is one of those on my roster waiting for ISO so she can be champed with 11 saved covers. It's just not worth it to toss 3 more covers in the saved pile when I know I may not get to champ her for many months.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2019
    Options
    These should just, like, happen every weekend, with a new character featured. It'd take over a year to get through all the 4's, and it would increase the odds that any given player sees a bundle that's got a character they want.

Just a thought. No idea what kind of tweaking might be necessary to make it a weekly thing, but I saw enough people go "Aw, Quake?" in chat that it got me thinking. Not sure how it would step on the toes of the normal Shield Clearance Level bundles players unlock, or possible Costume bundles (doing these $20 bundles more often increases the odds of having a Costume bundle close to a non-costume bundle with the same character, which might "devalue" the covers slightly, like someone who buys one bundle won't want the other one a month later because it has the same character covers). But doing them more often to increase the odds a player sees a desirable character strikes me as an avenue worth exploring.

EDIT: Oh, and maybe run Enemy of the State more often, so those of us who champed Quake ages ago and were all like "No you guys, Quake is great against ninjas!" don't sound like crazy people.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quake was the very first 4* that I ever rostered. I got like top 20 in my first pve event because of her. <3
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
    Options
    She was also great in the original Wakanda event but everyone complained because they didn't have her.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Maybe she'll see some revitalized use in the Sim once Gritty/4Juggs teams are more common in a season or two?
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Why suddenly is quake being given out 

feeder ?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    RNG.
    Rulk and someone else were the last two offers.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,294 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The problem:  Dilution. 

The solution:  cover bundles. 
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 581 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Should we start keeping track? RHulk, Vulture, now Quake... looking forward to see next weekend... Or is it every other weekend?
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Looks like it may be a new weekly offer. I wonder if there’s a pattern to them? Red Hulk first, then Vulture, then Quake. And ideas as to an order or is it random?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,294 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    These are some of the sort-of-better 4's who are also pretty old.

Quake does have that unique utility with reducing AOE.

Vulture is of course still a high end character.

Rulk is still (I think) a reasonable choice when he's boosted.

Maybe their plan is to let newer people get some covers for older, better 4's who are locked behind dilution.

Hopefully the next bundle isn't for Wiccan.   :D