(Concept) ***** Magneto

Options
GENxSLADE
GENxSLADE Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
edited August 2019 in Speculation and Concepts
Okay, I've only seen one recent post mention a Five Star Magneto who I feel is long overdue. I mean he's been in the game for over 3 years now with only a 2* and 3* variant. He's been in like what 2 X-Men movies in that span and no one thought let's do a 4 or 5 star variant? He's an iconic Omega level X-Men villain for crying out loud. Even when 4* Professor X came in during the DOFP era, no one thought about Magneto?

I know he's coming probably soon since the game seems to be on an X-Men kick again, I'm just bummed it's taken this long.

In the meantime, here is my concept (Mind You I'm novice when it comes to comic lore with most info I am knowledgeable of coming from friends, movies/shows, and a few books I have read):

MAGNETO

5-Star

10 Yellow: Magnetic Force Field: 

Magneto defends his team by generating a magnetic force field. Create 8 fortified ___ strength protect tiles.

(Passive) For every mutant ally in battle reduce AP cost of this move by 2.

(Passive) Purple: Mutant Superiority:

Magneto's belief that mutants are the true superior beings of humanity drives his ambition to create a world that reflects just that.

For every mutant in battle, Magneto's match damage is increased by ___%

10 Red: Magnetic FORCE:

Magneto uses his power to set his plan in motion. If one does not exist, create a fortified 2-Turn repeater tile that generates 3 Team-Up tiles randomly on the board, replacing enemy special tiles first.

(Passive) Magneto has had enough games and is ready to show his true power. At the start of the turn, if you have 25+ Team-Up AP, Magneto shuffles the entire board and deals ____ damage to the enemy team.

If you're wondering why there are blanks it's because I'm unsure of what ideal values would look like for a 5 star level character. I myself am not quite in that tier just yet so I want to be reasonable in the off chance this could be used lol.  Anyway this is inspired by me just being a fan of Magneto and the game. I wanted to do something that does the iconic character justice.

All critiques are welcome and feel free to share your own Magneto ideas or tweaks in the thread.

Comments

• fewa
    fewa Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Options

Magneto (Ultimate)

5 Star (Epic)

blackflagpng Storm of Steel blacktilepng 5
    Nearby metal begins to orbit around Magneto. If there isn’t one already, create a 2-turn Repeater tile that converts a basic tile to Black.
    (PASSIVE) While a friendly Repeater tile is on the board and your team makes a match in Black, destroy 1 AP in the enemy team’s highest color. Friendly Match-4’s or greater of Black tiles destroy 3 AP in the enemy team’s highest color.
    Level Upgrade:
    Level 2: Create a 2-turn Repeater tile that converts 2 basic tiles to Black.
    Level 3: Create a 2-turn Repeater tile that converts 3 basic tiles to Black.
    Level 4: Friendly Match-4’s or greater of Black tiles destroy 5 AP in the enemy team’s highest color.
    Level 5: Create a 1-turn Repeater tile that converts 2 basic tiles to Black.

redflagpng Magnetic Mayhem redtilepng 7
    Magneto shifts around metallic debris, striking his enemies. Shuffle 12 tiles and drain up to 5 Black AP to deal 188 damage for each Black AP you have (including drained AP) to the enemy team. Deals twice as much damage if only one enemy is left.
    At Max Level:
    Level 3: Shuffle 17 tiles and deals 1063 damage per Black AP to the enemy team.
    Level 4: Deals 1215 damage per Black AP to the enemy team.
    Level 5: Shuffle 21 tiles and deals 1367 damage per Black AP to the enemy team.

yellowflagpng Supremacy yellowtilepng 7
    Magneto repurposes the enemy’s tools to his advantage. Convert an enemy Attack or Strike tiles to a friendly Protect tile. If there are none, convert a random basic tile into a Critical tile.
    Level Upgrade:
    Level 2: Converts up to 2 enemy Attack or Strike tiles.
    Level 3: Can also convert enemy Protect tiles. Converts 2 random basic tiles into Critical tiles.
    Level 4: Converts up to 3 enemy Attack, Protect, or Strike tiles.
    Level 5: Converts 3 Blue, Green, or Purple basic tiles into Critical tiles.
  • GENxSLADE
    GENxSLADE Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Nice, I'm liking the synergy in his moves!