Professor X (Classic) *Updated (8/14/19)

Comments

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    Trying to think of good all-X teams and feel that OML/Professor/Kitty could be good. Not as good as Gritty/Gritshop, but if you get 8 purple and use Storm, you get 5 attacks and 2 strikes for Kitty to buff, plus the triple X-Men synergy. 

Too bad I don’t have Logan champed yet. 
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    I went to your channel and what did I find...  A few matches against gritty teams!  Thanks you for those. Can you comment on how you fared over the course of several matches? A bad board will almost always get you against gritty, but does profx shift the odds?
    Gritty is always a crapshoot. If you build PX at 5/3/5 it definitely helps. Luckily his Jubilee ability isn't affected much at three covers. I like using Jubilees ability the most (mainly cause I like random chaos) but it can help remove strikes, build AP and dish out some nasty damage if you get lucky. Also, depends on who his teammates are.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2019

Wow X gon give it to em.

Underrated comment. Take my like good sir. 
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was bored so I pulled a 10-pk solely to contribute to the data in this thread. 

5x3*
    5x2*
    0xBH
    0xX5

* womp womp *
  • Bubba3210
    Bubba3210 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Borstock said:
    I was bored so I pulled a 10-pk solely to contribute to the data in this thread. 

5x3*
    5x2*
    0xBH
    0xX5

* womp womp *
    Ditto on boredom
    1x3*
    9x2*
    0xBH
  • killercool
    killercool Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    I was fooled by this and got a 40 pack.  No 5* Prof X for me.  I did end up with 3 4* pulls, but not what I was going for.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    No Prof X for me but I did get a Namor with a Ronin bonus hero (didn't even realise I had Ronin bonus hero'ed! Time to pay more attention...)

So I guess I'll wait for the usual crushing disappointment of his release store...
  • Gold_Dragon
    Gold_Dragon Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    I spent on a 40 pack and got a purple Xavier cover. 

Using jubilee is really cool. Especially because after all the cascades, 3 more purple are put on the field. More often than not, you’ll either be a match away from using the power again, or you can use the power again right away. 
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,716 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bought a 10 pack (aside from normal daily single discounted pull)

Not a single 4*.  All 3s and 2s.

Good times.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    I thought about buying the $74.99 pack.  Then the time expired.  Definitely glad I did NOT pull the trigger.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,487 Chairperson of the Boards
    PiMacleod said:
    Bought a 10 pack (aside from normal daily single discounted pull)

Not a single 4*.  All 3s and 2s.

Good times.
    I know you probably don't want to hear this, but that's incredibly normal.  The odds of pulling a 4* from a 10 pack is 1 in 12.  So with 12 pulls you can expect to pull a 4* about half the time.
    I'm very slightly under the HP I would reasonably need for a 40 pack.  So help me, I'm actually considering it - I would definitely be able to pull a 40 pack on the off season break, is paying 1800 more HP for it worth the small, but at a 40 pack significant chance of pulling a 5*?  I'm coming around to the thought that it might be...
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    So if you used ALL your HP and ended up with, say, 1 4* and otherwise a giant pile of 2's and 3's....does that sound like a good idea?  If so, go for it.  You'll get some back on champ rewards but be left high and dry for the much-better deal coming next week when the 5BuckChuck release vault opens Thursday.
  • Gold_Dragon
    Or you can empty your HP, get that Prof X cover and not have to take a shot at possibly getting more Bruce Banner covers instead of Prof X. Because as we all know, the 5* vault can screw you just as badly as anything else in this RNG world of MPQ.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    Or you can empty your HP, get that Prof X cover and not have to take a shot at possibly getting more Bruce Banner covers instead of Prof X. Because as we all know, the 5* vault can screw you just as badly as anything else in this RNG world of MPQ.
    By the time the Higher Learning store opens, Prof $ will be almost over as an essential and you could easily hoard for Latests and be fine.

Some people might want Banner covers for completion's sake but obviously the 3 Latest people will all be far better than him.  Strange.....is another matter.  Slightly more relevant in PVP with Bishop but really not the best choice in PVE in most cases.  Yet I do want to finish mine and only need 2 covers.
  • AndiTi
    AndiTi Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Same boat here with Str5nge at 5/5/2 and 2 saved covers.  I really want one more yellow so I can champ and respec him, even knowing he won’t be a rockstar for me. Those latest though...X/Iceman/Storm will be as good as it’s been for a long time. I figure i’ll pull the release store until I get my Str5nge cover then unload when X is in latest.  
  • Gold_Dragon
    Don’t need Strange.
    dont want Banner.

im emptying my hoard on the LL when Charles hits. I emptied my HP for the 40 pack because honestly.... why not take shot? What else am I saving the HP for? 
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    bluewolf said:

Some people might want Banner covers for completion's sake but obviously the 3 Latest people will all be far better than him.  Strange.....is another matter.  Slightly more relevant in PVP with Bishop but really not the best choice in PVE in most cases.  Yet I do want to finish mine and only need 2 covers.
    I prefer 5* Strange against goons (not-tile movers) in PvE because unlike his 3* counterpart, he does not heal Gladiathor when he blasts the goons for placing countdowns. So Gladiathor stays below 50% and continues to do what he does best.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Brigby so when will Professor X go into Latest Legendary tokens?  Will it be the week of 9/2 2 weeks after the end of thick as thieves, or 9/9 2 weeks after the alliance event?