Is it worth the CP for Prof $?

freakygeek
freakygeek Posts: 96 Match Maker
Since the professor is going to be the required 5 in the next PVE do we think it is safe to not bother with the CP store surrounding the alliance event?  In theory the next time he would be featured would be after he enters the LT pool.  I was planning on blowing my horde (300+ pulls) once the next 5* hit the pool anyway.

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    Would you normally spend 500 CP on a single cover to access the 5E?  Say you had bad luck pulling the 5 who entered Latest (we've all been there).  Would you spend 500 CP there or say "oh well, I'll try hard next event"?

Only you can answer that question, but trading 20 pulls of champ rewards and potentially another 5* cover or two for 9 CP, 3 event tokens, and (maybe) some placement rewards sounds like very bad trade to me.

Don't let the - unusual circumstances - change your normal decision making process here.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    I still don't have Gambit after selling mine. The last time he was featured, I went SCL9 and finished t50.

It is NOT worth it, IMO.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    Not having the 5* essential will only matter in end placement. You can easily get all progression awards. So what are you really missing out on not having it? Some tokens, couple of CP and some 3* or 4*. So as Borstock said, not worth it.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    The only benefit to me of trying to get him in the alliance store is if you need a couple more covers to finish off Strange too. Otherwise I would just wait.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    Would you normally spend 500 CP on a single cover to access the 5E?  Say you had bad luck pulling the 5 who entered Latest (we've all been there).  Would you spend 500 CP there or say "oh well, I'll try hard next event"?

Only you can answer that question, but trading 20 pulls of champ rewards and potentially another 5* cover or two for 9 CP, 3 event tokens, and (maybe) some placement rewards sounds like very bad trade to me.

Don't let the - unusual circumstances - change your normal decision making process here.
    You’re missing what he/she is saying. 

The question is about pulling in the Banner/Strange store to get a cover, or if it is safe to wait to pull from Latests for the NEXT time professor is essential. 

To that I’d say with 99% certainty you are safe to wait, as he shouldn’t be essential again until he is in Latests. 

That 1% uncertainty is because I never thought they would make him essential before available in tokens, so they could “try something new” and make him essential ASAP. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    Errrmmm.....

Well, now people know my thoughts about using 500 CP for his cover.   :D

I think the bigger question for the OP then is how much they want Banner and Strange covers.....if those aren't helpful then wait for Latest.

IF the devs make Prof $ essential in the timeframe where he is not in a store somewhere (between Higher Learning and Latest update) they are both shooting themselves in the foot (not unprecedented) and should expect a bad (even worse?) reaction from players.