Where is M20?

Options
Ampersand
Ampersand Posts: 206 Tile Toppler
edited August 2019 in MtGPQ General Discussion
M20 has been out in paper for about a month, and we still haven't had the final Bolas planeswalker released yet. Any updates on when to expect the new set? @Brigby

//Edited Title -Brigby

Comments

• soultwist
    soultwist Posts: 325 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    One would assume about another month based on the last few set releases
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    We're anticipating 3.8 to be when M20 can be introduced, however I'm afraid I don't have any sort of time frame available as to when that will be arriving.
  • Zystin
    Zystin Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Seems like at least another month is my guess.  Gideon will be in the vault for gold tomorrow, Liliana will be there 2 weeks after that, and Bolas3 (should be released for $$$ as early as this weekend) will be another 2 weeks after that.  I can't imagine that they'll release M20 before Bolas3 hits the vault for gold but just my own speculation.

Also, we still haven't had all 5 WAR coalition events.  Seems like we will get them all before M20 drops.  Not sure if they will put in the last one between BOTFT 1 and 2 but it could be a few more weeks before we even get the last WAR event.
  • Ampersand
    Ampersand Posts: 206 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Brigby said:
    We're anticipating 3.8 to be when M20 can be introduced, however I'm afraid I don't have any sort of time frame available as to when that will be arriving.
    Since we are currently on 3.6.1, when is 3.7 expected to arrive? And what new updates/changes/features will be in it?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Ampersand said:
    Brigby said:
    Since we are currently on 3.6.1, when is 3.7 expected to arrive? And what new updates/changes/features will be in it?
    I'm currently working on the Pre-Release Notes for 3.7, and I hope to get it out by the end of this week. 
  • Gabrosin
    Gabrosin Posts: 259 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Here's hoping we get M20 before the paper release of Throne of Eldraine in October...
  • Firinmahlazer
    Firinmahlazer Posts: 417 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'd wager at least another month. I was already expecting mid/late September. Seems like we are back to being a full set behind based on recent trends.
  • James13
    James13 Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I don't really care about M20, personally.  TCG core sets serve a purpose (re-issues) that the app doesn't need.
  • ArielSira
    ArielSira Posts: 490 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm looking forward to the Standard shift (at least I remember it would happen with this release).
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    starfall said:
    ArielSira said:
    I'm looking forward to the Standard shift (at least I remember it would happen with this release).
    If MTGPQ follows paper, Standard rotation will occur after M20, with the release of Throne of Eldraine.

https://whatsinstandard.com
    Yup, counting sets (based on the devs Standard Rotation announcement that I'm too lazy to find and link)

We have Ixalan, RIX, DOM, M19, GRN, RNA, WAR, and (soon-ish) M20 in standard.  That makes 8.
    Throne will be the 9th, which will trigger a rotation where we lose Ixalan, RIX, M19, and DOM.
  • ArielSira
    ArielSira Posts: 490 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    That's a bummer. Was hoping that because of M20 M19 would be booted with the rest.