Professor X (Classic) *Updated (8/14/19)

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    His store is out. I've spent 200 HP and gotten a 2* Magneto. This is a sign that I'm getting close to getting him.  >:)
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2019
    Well, this is for me the best release since Kitty. At the very least Hela level AND the most important part, it makes you want to do match-4+ so it enforces clever play, which is something this game has needed for a while. Also I like the synergies. They should add synergies to ALL past 5s, this would obviously help breaking the meta a bit.

I hope people that gets him soon proves me right and he really is a good char and we finally get a good 5 release!

• Southside84
    Southside84 Posts: 93 Match Maker
    Bought a 10 pack, got a black x.  Worth it
  • adamdivine
    adamdivine Posts: 136 Tile Toppler
    Congrats!!!
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,289 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2019
    So if you stun him, I imagine he loses his passive abilities like most characters (except the strange JJ trap tile matches that still fire when she is stunned)?  If so, you just Bishop him and knock him out pretty early with that health total. 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,894 Chairperson of the Boards
    Who are people looking at pairing him with? He doesn’t disrupt the Thorkoye or Gritty metas but seems like a great pair with either. However we are not exactly at a loss for great thirds for those teams. At least on paper I think Ice will be better with Thorkoye and Bishop with Gritty. So while he seems to be the most fun/unique character we’ve had in awhile, I’m not sure who his best partners are. 

Single partner I’m guessing Okoye to boost the match 4 shenanigans. But Okoye is everyone’s best single partner and he’s not a better partner than Thor. Anyone else here I’m missing?

In Sim I do like him as an alternative to Bishop on Gritty teams, at least while climbing. His Swiss Army Knife purple helps them in two ways. 1) a way to re-up on special tiles if the strikes are matched away. 2) a nuke (single target or AOE) which can really speed them along. Professor and Kitty also assist one another with their X-Man synergy perks.  
  • adamdivine
    I feel like storm will be a great partner. Her board control/Cascade potential will work great with him along with boosting his damage reduction.
  • adamdivine
    Also, to add to the pulls from earlier... An alliance mate got his blue from a single pull off the tokens!
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    It's a 3 day event (Unstable iso8).  I'm not going to defend this move by any stretch - I think it sucks - but missing 3 event tokens and 9 CP (from the 5E) isn't the worst thing.

I agree with you on all accounts, but it should be noted that shorting the community CP right before a new 5*LT store goes live compounds the problem of pulling him.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2019
    Single partner I’m guessing Okoye to boost the match 4 shenanigans. But Okoye is everyone’s best single partner and he’s not a better partner than Thor. Anyone else here I’m missing?

The threads long, but did we get a verdict on Okoye's power with Chuck's?  For some characters the damage is added on match based powers, on some not... I'm not in the 5* realm, so this is merely an academic question....
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Who are people looking at pairing him with?   
    God Emperor Doom and Ghost Rider: Robbie Reyes (because they're all i've got lol). 

Jokes aside, I'm glad there is an interesting run of 5* releases for recent transitioners like myself to chase. Ways I'd try to play him:

1) Do his line clears accrue AP? If so, he's going to be solid with Chavez as a play-up
    2) Iceman - assuming i get more for him, getting that Wiccan demiurge passive without having to bank a billion AP is going to make it way easier to control those CDs and Repeaters that want to get destroyed
    3) Okoye - my mostly built Okoye works okay, and if that line clear flat damage takes her bonus and accrues AP, it could be a better team than it seems on paper
    4) Fi5k - I'm 13 Miles's away from finishing him. No obvious synergy here, just probably going to try him because he exists on my roster
    6) jessica Jones - see above I guess. 20 more Chavezes and I'll be there on her
  • Kojubat
    Kojubat Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2019
    Who are people looking at pairing him with?   
    God Emperor Doom and Ghost Rider: Robbie Reyes (because they're all i've got lol). 

Jokes aside, I'm glad there is an interesting run of 5* releases for recent transitioners like myself to chase. Ways I'd try to play him:

1) Do his line clears accrue AP? If so, he's going to be solid with Chavez as a play-up
    2) Iceman - assuming i get more for him, getting that Wiccan demiurge passive without having to bank a billion AP is going to make it way easier to control those CDs and Repeaters that want to get destroyed
    3) Okoye - my mostly built Okoye works okay, and if that line clear flat damage takes her bonus and accrues AP, it could be a better team than it seems on paper
    4) Fi5k - I'm 13 Miles's away from finishing him. No obvious synergy here, just probably going to try him because he exists on my roster
    6) jessica Jones - see above I guess. 20 more Chavezes and I'll be there on her
    I'm not understanding where you're seeing a line clear passive. If you make a match four or higher, he does extra damage and plinks an extra tile in that color. Any board clearing is a function of normal tile swapping activity, plus the minimal board movement from the single tile popping.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2019
    Oh fail, you're totally right. I just had the Wiccan demiurge thing in my head i guess. In that case, the chain of causality will flow the other direction, but the teamup still stands in my opinion. Chavez will be popping crits around the board that ought to make match 4s and 5s easier to come by. 

but the Iceman one isn't really a thing.
  • max5esq
    max5esq Posts: 56 Match Maker
    bluewolf said:
    I'd like everyone who buys a 40 pack and gets all 3's and 2s to post as well.....

Being 1:250 is nice but don't fool yourself.
    I got 1 4 star, and 1 4star BH,  I had over 25k In hero points so I had the savings to do it, but dissapointed in what I got.
  • adamdivine
    Thanos said:
    I'll be making videos throughout the day. Just going to post this one here 'cause i'll be adding more. If you want to see more just check out my channel. Also, taking video requests if there's something you want to see.

Thanks for the video. Very curious to see a few matches against a gritty team. Want to see the win loss ratio over a few matches.
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Thanks for the video. Very curious to see a few matches against a gritty team. Want to see the win loss ratio over a few matches.

Even a Gritty one. He's 5/3/5 for the extra damage prevention.

• adamdivine
    I went to your channel and what did I find...  A few matches against gritty teams!  Thanks you for those. Can you comment on how you fared over the course of several matches? A bad board will almost always get you against gritty, but does profx shift the odds?