Dream Eater Surveil without Casting [Fixed]

biopower
biopower Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
Dream Eater has an ability that Surveil 4 when it enters the battlefield. However, this ability is happening while the card is in your hand, before it actually enters the battlefield, as long as it has full mana.

This means that with a full board of three creatures, the option dialogues for Surveil 4 happens first - then, after you Surveil 4 the dialogue box asking to select a creature to replace with Dream Eater occurs (which can be declined). This lets you get a free Surveil 4 every turn as long as the board is full.

Because Dream Eater has flash, there is an opportunity to cast it each time an opponent's creature attacks. As a result, if your board is full and you disable the Dream Eater in your hand, you can get a free Surveil 4 for each creature your opponent controls that can attack.

//Edited Title - Tombstone

Comments

• Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,611 Chairperson of the Boards
    Funny, I’m pretty sure dream eater did not do that originally. I have often used DE as a bounce creature to keep the opponent off by back, but I know there was times that the opponent did have a hexproof creature that couldn’t be touched by DE.
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thank you for the reports everyone. I can confirm that the team is aware of this issue with Dream Eater's Surveil effect.