Professor X (Classic) *Updated (8/14/19)

Comments

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,904 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/5/3
    5/5/3 for me.

The Black isn't that useful (max increase of 1 AP cost in 3 colors) and at L3 you increase the cost of Red/Green and get a small damage reduction. That seems the the obvious power to set to 3 given the other 2 powers look quite good at L5 (esp the Blue Passive since match 4/5 happen a fair amount)

KGB
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2019
    KGB said:
    5/5/3 for me.

The Black isn't that useful (max increase of 1 AP cost in 3 colors) and at L3 you increase the cost of Red/Green and get a small damage reduction. That seems the the obvious power to set to 3 given the other 2 powers look quite good at L5 (esp the Blue Passive since match 4/5 happen a fair amount)

KGB
    Wrong, X counts himself. With X and two other X-Men it's a 75% damage reduction and +3 cost for enemy R/Y/G powers. There's no one definite best build, all depends on the situation.
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 556 Critical Contributor
    He has the potential to be an absolute monster...

Can't even imagine him with Rogue or OML and Kitty....he just made the x-men theme teams really strong and varied. I'm looking forward to him.

Although realistically it'll probably just be him/oko/other lol.
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Does his black stack with Peggy's Yellow? Will R/G/Y abilities cost a lot more in those specific circumstances?
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2019
    I cannot believe his purple costs just 8. That is unexpectedly fantastic. 
    Choose green and you get "better than Star-Lord" level AoE damage for just 8 AP. 
    For this alone I'm not sure you could justify running this ability at less than level 4, probably needs to be set at 5. 
    Although, choose red for 21K Damage for 8 AP? That's Goblin level per-AP damage... but on Purple!

And I know that Jubilee/Purple will be one of the least chosen, but man, 40 tiles change color? Over half the board? Seriously some of you are sleeping on what can happen here. Could be cascade heaven plus all of Chuck's match-4+ bonus damage etc.

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanos said:
    KGB said:
    5/5/3 for me.

KGB
    Wrong, X counts himself. With X and two other X-Men it's a 75% damage reduction and +3 cost for enemy R/Y/G powers. There's no one definite best build, all depends on the situation.
    The biggest thing is Professor X going to tank for you.  If so 5 in black to reduce damage.  If you have others tank for him it is probably better to go for the damage.  Also if the other 2 X-men go down will he drop to 25% reduction?

in PVE it will be a lot easier to get 2 X-men with him, but in PVP if the required character is not an X-men damage reduction is less.  If an X-men is required he is much better.  If you went 5 in black I would probably make him 5,3,5 even though his red purple looks good at level 5, but I think that extra damage on match 4/5 will be fairly frequent.

for his purple power I see red being his go to power as it seems the best.
  • max5esq
    max5esq Posts: 56 Match Maker
    Brigby can we get clarification on how the black works with regards to both counting Prof X for damage and if the AP increase stacks? Thank you.
  • kennn712
    kennn712 Posts: 69 Match Maker
    max5esq said:
    Brigby can we get clarification on how the black works with regards to both counting Prof X for damage and if the AP increase stacks? Thank you.
    He counts himself as one (confirmed in Discord).
  • Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 352 Mover and Shaker
    The last three 5*s that I've collected from the Classic Legends vault have each been Banner.  The game's thumbed its nose at probability that hard for me and now they stick Banner in the Higher Learning vault as well.
  • therightwaye
    therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    The last three 5*s that I've collected from the Classic Legends vault have each been Banner.  The game's thumbed its nose at probability that hard for me and now they stick Banner in the Higher Learning vault as well.
    Only way to win is to quit
  • 658_2
    658_2 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Is there a way to predict which purple power the AI will use?
  • GENxSLADE
    GENxSLADE Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    Do I even need to mention how messed up it is we have another Professor X before Magneto, at the 5* level? Le sigh.

He looks great which is nice since I'm currently hoarding and may me able to get him whenever he goes to latest. But wow, I was hoping for Magneto.
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Chuck and 5* Iceman could be decent together. Lots of stuns, and match damage defense when PX is in front.
    Might be a reason to use the Prof X choice of blue to destroy a row containing an Iceman yellow defense CD. And hey, if you happen to get it matched away yourself just choose red or green. 

So... here's a reason to play his purple->yellow, but please don't tell anyone {Bishop}. Keeping this guys health up by 10K for just a cost of 8 is probably an AP-positive play.

Oh and separately, watch out for the next Scarlet Witch PvP...

• Zirtak_the_Second
    Zirtak_the_Second Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    His blue power combined with purple/Jubilee could be fun
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    GENxSLADE said:
    Do I even need to mention how messed up it is we have another Professor X before Magneto, at the 5* level? Le sigh.

He looks great which is nice since I'm currently hoarding and may me able to get him whenever he goes to latest. But wow, I was hoping for Magneto.
    They seem to be doing the "Omega Level" 5* from House of X, if they stay on that course then excellent chance of a 5* Magneto.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    3/5/5
    658_2 said:
    Is there a way to predict which purple power the AI will use?
    Presumably the AI will pick a random non team-up tile when casting the power.  So it probably won't be even odds for the six powers.  If the board is particularly biased to one particular colour, then that power may be more likely.  But I don't think you'll be able to predict it 100%.
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 556 Critical Contributor
    He has 2 builds that you'll probably see

A thor Oko build which would be 5/5/3 and an X-men build which is 3/5/5