What is the absolute most you would pay for seven latest legendary tokens?

captainheath
captainheath Posts: 236 Tile Toppler
The recent offer made me consider how much I would directly pay for legendaries.  Since the odds are that you'll get one five star in seven pulls, what would you pay?  Not what do you want to pay, but the absolute most you would pay.

What is the absolute most you would pay for seven latest legendary tokens? 78 votes

$75
0%
$50
2%
MalcrofPyram7 2 votes
$40
2%
BorstockTherealsmkspy 2 votes
$25
12%
UNC_SamuraiNick441234JackDeath666bluewolfhodayathinkGENxSLADEMomo988jp1AndiTiTarelgeth 10 votes
$15
10%
sinnerjflsupergarvthechairmanProjectus2501Ed_DragonriderMrcl25peterdarkMagnaofIllusion 8 votes
$10
12%
PuceMooseejmusZootSax[Deleted User]maguirenumber6tchipleyMushroomGenius808Ares76MegaBeeMTP 10 votes
$5
12%
killercoolMarkotStevO-JhalirinLopan15KGBDyingLegendcaptainheathHeartbreaksoupMoonKnight 10 votes
$3
3%
antreas1911dokiyIYeaheahI 3 votes
$1
3%
abmorazneodukehelix72 3 votes
$0
38%
ThanosKolencePunter1wymtimeacescrackednorthnorthLoosiejreddJSP869pheregasJackTenrecTony_Footbonny79Alfje17KishidaBubba3210Monsoon3HistamielursoproDAZ0273 30 votes

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    $0
    I'm 100% f2p, so I'll pay a fraction of my lifespan it would seem, but not more than that...
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    $0
    Nada. I have a dupe farm so I can generate cp and legendaries for free. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    $0
    I'm 100% F2P. I can generate these by being competitive or grind with time. I'm a patient man, so I don't need the new shiny stuff right now.

:p 
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    $0
     Nothing. I don’t feel I have to get them all, I can happily skip bad ones so my LT flow is more than sufficient. I welcome a few bad releases, it eases any pressure and I usually have 600 pulls in the bank by the time I feel like going after a kitty or hela.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    zero, lol. 
    for 80 Euro im gonna get a new car. 
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,528 Chairperson of the Boards
    $0
    Already get enough LT and CP from my farm, while my alternate account has 5 LTs that I don't want (not enough HP for roster slots).
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    $0
    I am not going to spend money on LT but I will say this when they ran a bundle for 10k HP and it included 5 LT I felt that was a deal a bought the bundle.  Again this was not a cash purchase but a bundle that would be purchased with HP
  • peterdark
    peterdark Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    $15
    That's the absolute most.... 

I was f2p for a very long time, then it hit me, given the amount of time I spent on the game and that I'm not struggling for cash at the moment, I may as well buy a few things just to help with the maintenance costs. I do regret skipping the deadpool bundle though as I think that was probably the best deal I've seen.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    $0
    I'm not spending any money for 7 4* covers.  :p
  • AndiTi
    AndiTi Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    $25
    Since I already pay VIP and the tokens are part of the incentive for that, I can't honestly say $0. $25 would tempt me, IF there was a meta character in there. 
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    $0
    The recent offer made me consider how much I would directly pay for legendaries.  Since the odds are that you'll get one five star in seven pulls, what would you pay?  Not what do you want to pay, but the absolute most you would pay.
    I was considering buying this offer because my Skinner Box needs reloading in the next day or so, and as it would reward my Alliance mates each with 5CP, and as many of them frequently do buy offers that gift me with free CP, I was considering buying this offer and returning the favor.

But when X's vault/store was announced as being one in which you use HP, and given the horrible odds of getting his cover, it became apparent to me that X's vault/store is the reason this latest offer includes 9,000 HP.

And as I pondered it, I did a spot of PvP, and I ran across a 5* Daredevil in his alternate costume, and I realized there was absolutely nothing special at all about this offer. Other than being able to buy the LTs.

When Iceman entered Latest I spent 20+ LTs not just to get a cover for him, but I was also going after a bonus cover for either Gamora or Thanos to finish him off (which I did). Since then, my LT hoard has grown by ~15 tokens. So I have no need to buy LTs.

I probably will buy one of these offers in the future, but it will only be one which gives me a shiny, such as an alternate outfit for someone. Everything else in that offer I can get just by playing the game.
  • Palookaville
    Palookaville Posts: 83 Match Maker
    $0
    Not gonna pay.

I know I will never catch up to the people who have level 550 Iceman 2 days after his release, so I will just have to be happy with my "****" roster.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,570 Chairperson of the Boards
    $0
    JSP869 said:
    I was considering buying this offer because my Skinner Box needs reloading in the next day or so, and as it would reward my Alliance mates each with 5CP, and as many of them frequently do buy offers that gift me with free CP, I was considering buying this offer and returning the favor.

Welcome to Game Developer Psychology trick #19765 - the socially acceptable way to play is to pay if others do the same...
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    $0
    So I said $0 but I actually would pay something for the tokens: like maybe US$20 for a pack of 400 to cover the latest 3 5*s. 

Short of that, which is actually saving me from having to hoard, I’ll just hoard. Or whatever. 
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    $0
    90% FTP anymore.  I'll drop $20 a year or so to support the game.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    $10
    I voted $10 as a maximum, but at the moment LLT's are significantly less valuable than 175 CP would be, so probably not even that high realistically.  Seven LLT's are basically three months of VIP (including both LLT & CP, but excluding everything else), so a ~$45 (150%) surcharge for the $75 option seems like a steep price to get things immediately instead of over 69 days.

I really don't understand why MPQ only offers the generally high-end purchase options.  The other mobile game I play with any regularity is War Robots and they have multiple daily deals which rotate through various options ranging from $0.99 USD (for minor resources at a slight discount) up to $74.99 USD (for a complete, rare robot) with many variations in between.  Other than VIP, no special offers are less than $10 USD these days in MPQ (with most being much, much more)  and that makes no sense to me...
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    $40
    I tried to imagine the worst possible scenario... like something stupid where I saved a hoard for a year but got such a terrible draw on the latest 3 that I needed 1 more cover to champ someone... and I was drunk that night... And I concluded that I'd probably go as high as $40.
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    $10
    I'd let my VIP lapse for a month to spend $10 on those tokens.
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wish we could compare this poll against how many people tossed D3 the $75 for 5.
  • GENxSLADE
    GENxSLADE Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    $25
    My spending cap is $25 and that is rare. They have to offer something I really need or really really really want. Since I'm currently hoarding, I'd drop $25 for 7 LT lol. But that $75 "deal" was ****.