MPQ Sneak Peek: August 2019 Edition *Updated (8/23/19)

Comments

• Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 437 Mover and Shaker
    RickOShay said:
    A partial solution: 
    Update 4* Professor X to be a 5* feeder. Problem solved, for some. 
    Will be surprised if they actually do that. But unlikely since they wanna test out how willing people are to spend HP.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Looking at the bright side: if you're a 4* player, you'll probably have a decent chance of getting top 50 in CL9 for this one event with similar effort to what you'd usually expend in CL8.  That's an extra 4* cover from placement.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    bluewolf said:
    ...  If you don't have Prof $, forget it. ...
    Good one... 😂 
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,488 Chairperson of the Boards
    DarthDeVo said:
    Unstable Iso-8 - 3 Day Duration (8/19/19) *New Update*
    Featured Characters:
    5-Star: Professor X (Classic)
    4-Star: War Machine
    3-Star: Captain Marvel (Modern)
    2-Star: Moonstone

@brigby is this a typo, or a stealth launch of 5* Professor X?

This *can't* be correct, right? I mean, are they trying to get us to quit out of frustration? 

If this is correct, it's borderline predatory and immoral in my opinion. Maybe not even borderline.  Quote me on that. 

I've been playing about 3.25 years now. This is easily the single worst, dumbest decision I've ever seen made if this stands as being true.
    This is some tinykitty right there.  They're not even giving us some Event tokens this time - you either luck out and pull him via tokens (1 in 250, fat chance) or else you draw him from the Legendary Store.  A Legendary Store, which I may add, has literally the worst 5* in the game in it.

Whelp, I've skipped PVE last week for Vacation, what's one more?  On the other hand, placement may well be easier because less people will have PX.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,903 Chairperson of the Boards
    GrimSkald said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    Featured Characters:

This *can't* be correct, right? I mean, are they trying to get us to quit out of frustration? 

If this is correct, it's borderline predatory and immoral in my opinion. Maybe not even borderline.  Quote me on that. 

I've been playing about 3.25 years now. This is easily the single worst, dumbest decision I've ever seen made if this stands as being true.
    This is some tinykitty right there.  They're not even giving us some Event tokens this time - you either luck out and pull him via tokens (1 in 250, fat chance) or else you draw him from the Legendary Store.  A Legendary Store, which I may add, has literally the worst 5* in the game in it.

Whelp, I've skipped PVE last week for Vacation, what's one more?  On the other hand, placement may well be easier because less people will have PX.
    You only need 1 cover from his Legendary store to play the 5* PvE node. I can use the Dr Strange covers but I have no use for Banner. So I'll be hitting the store to a a Prof X cover to play the 5E node as will many players I suspect.

KGB
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    KGB said:
    GrimSkald said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    Featured Characters:

You only need 1 cover from his Legendary store to play the 5* PvE node. I can use the Dr Strange covers but I have no use for Banner. So I'll be hitting the store to a a Prof X cover to play the 5E node as will many players I suspect.

KGB
    Only if you play slice 3-5 and only on the last day of the event I believe. 
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Brigby
    so are they going to push this vault up for us to be able to get Prof X or is the only way to get him is the vault? Is it possible for a true confirmation so us, the player base, can plan for this. 
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    I am dumbfounded by the Prof being required so early. Just dumbfounded.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    I feel like I'm in a real life episode of The Boys. Waiting for Homelander to show up and eye laser everyone here.
  • jkzl
    jkzl Posts: 85 Match Maker
    edited August 2019
    No, I don't think I will.  I'll wait for him to hit latest, and hope that this isn't the new model.  I kind of enjoyed being able to always roster the five right before they were the essential, but this edges too close to gambling for my comfort, and I don't want to go down that path anymore than I already have been with the new 4* (and foes/friends) vaults.

Day 2088, and counting...

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    If i tried that in my alliance, it would be met with the sound of chirping crickets as nobody engaged or responded to it. maybe some people would leave. lol. My alliance is so casual
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,488 Chairperson of the Boards
    DarthDeVo said:
    GrimSkald said:

I'm confused, I don't see Wasp in that store.  :p
    Wasp is no 2.  Banner quite literally has no powers that don't have a drawback or difficult condition, and transforming into the Hulk actively hurts your game with many teams.  To be fair, he's a very early 5* and they didn't really know where the tier was going at the time, I strongly suspect they wanted a lot of them to be mixed bags of positive and negative, but he's bad.  He's downright bad.  Mine is 11 covers (4/5/2,) and even at level 420 he's still a liability even when he's the boosted 5*.  I'll play Wasp over Banner any day, at least Wasp does something.
  • jkzl
    jkzl Posts: 85 Match Maker
    she sure does; she takes up a roster slot.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hi Everyone,

With the release of Professor X, many of you are aware that we are trying some new things out; details can be seen in his Character Release article and the above Sneak Peek update. While we’ve already seen some positive feedback regarding the additional option to earn him with Hero Points, we’re also aware of players expressing their concerns about Professor X being featured in the upcoming Unstable Iso-8 event.

We understand that this scheduling is different than what players may be used to, but rest assured that this is merely something new that we’re trying out this time, and is not necessarily reflective of the schedule moving forward. While we won’t be making any changes to the current schedule, we always welcome and encourage players to provide any feedback they may have, and we’ll be sure to take a look and review them!

Thank you for your patience and understanding!