M20 Design Speculation

Mburn7
Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
edited August 2019 in MtGPQ General Discussion
I was just reminded it's been a month since M20 came out, but there's been no communication whatsoever from the devs about when we may see it or how it'll look.

So, like we always do when a set is late, lets all chip in and design some stuff for the team!
Show me your best Card, Planeswalker, and (new!) Vanguard designs!!
(note:  nothing designed here will be used in game no matter how awesome an idea it is.  This is purely for fun and conversation)

//Edited Title -Brigby

Comments

• Mburn7
    I'll start this off.  Please excuse my attempt to copy their formatting without actually checking it first.

Ajani, Strength of the Pride
    Color:  Mono White
    Health (at level 60):  120

First Ability (9 loyalty):
    Gain X life where X is the number of creature and creature reinforcements you control, up to 5
    Gain ........ up to 10
    Gain..........up to 15
    Gain..........up to 20

Second (12 Loyalty):
    Create a 1/1 Cat creature with "whenever you gain life this creature gains +1/+1"
    Create a 2/2 Cat..........."gains +1/+1"
    Create a 2/2 Cat............"reinforce this creature"
    Create a 4/4 Cat...........

Third (21 Loyalty):
    Exile the first creature your opponent controls.  You lose 80 life
    Exile the first creature and a support.......................
    Exile the first two creatures and supports................
    Exile all creatures, supports, and vanguards your opponent controls.  You lose 80 life
  • Ampersand
    Ampersand Posts: 206 Tile Toppler
    I'll be shocked if we don't get a new Chandra PW and two Chandra Vanguards.
  • Narcoticsagent
    Narcoticsagent Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    What are the mana gains on that planeswalker of yours Mburn?
  • Mburn7
    Ampersand said:
    I'll be shocked if we don't get a new Chandra PW and two Chandra Vanguards.
    I agree with you there, although most of their abilities are really tough to port properly into PQ (since Emblems aren't really a thing nor is 1 damage great, same goes for two 1/1 tokens that die or "deal X damage")

I'd rather see one Chandra with one ability from each of the three.
    Something like this maybe?

Chandra, Awakened Inferno
    Color:  Mono Red
    Health (at level 60):  110

First Ability:
    Each creature you control gets +1/2/3/4 +0 until end of turn.  Each elemental also gets +1/2/3/4 +0 until end of turn

Second:
    Deal 2/4/6/8 damage to each creature your opponent controls

Third:
    Copy the first spell in your graveyard.  It gains 1/4 mana.  Then exile the first spell in your graveyard.
    Copy..........first 2 spells................................exile the first 2 spells in your graveyard
    Copy..................................1/2 mana.....................
    Copy.................................Full mana...........................

But yeah, we'll probably either get 1 new Chandra with meh abilities and 2 new vanguards or 3 new Chandras with meh abilities.  Can't wait.
  • Mburn7
    edited August 2019
    What are the mana gains on that planeswalker of yours Mburn?
    I am leaving that out because I have no idea how to balance that lol.  :D

I'll say assume all my mono color designs are 0/2/4/2/0 with the Origins Walkers ally color distribution (4 on main color, 2 on each ally, 0 on the others).

If someone has a better/less generic idea for them, let me know!
  • IM_CARLOS
    IM_CARLOS Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    I would appreciate a more dedicated mono-color pw like koth or Elsbeth. 

-1 to every off-color would result +13 red for chandra. But with those abilities I would still prefer koth...

I like monos like Koth, Elsbeth or Garruk for doing dailies fast and furious.

• Mburn7
    IM_CARLOS said:

-1 to every off-color would result +13 red for chandra. But with those abilities I would still prefer koth...

Hmmm, we already have Koth for the all-in red strategy.

How about use Yangling as an all in Blue?  In paper she's pretty solidly mono-blue, so it would make sense (just like how Koth is solidly mono-red)
  • ArielSira
    ArielSira Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    Lili4 has Elspeth-mana as well
  • IM_CARLOS
    ArielSira said:
    Lili4 has Elspeth-mana as well
    But lil4 got meh abilities too. To narrow and to week. 

I would appreciate lil1 with more dedicate mana gain and well more hp. 
  • IM_CARLOS
    Mburn7 said:
    IM_CARLOS said:

Hmmm, we already have Koth for the all-in red strategy.

How about use Yangling as an all in Blue?  In paper she's pretty solidly mono-blue, so it would make sense (just like how Koth is solidly mono-red)
    I am fine with that. I have enough monos. I only "need" a mono that brimg something new or abuse a mechanic/card to make it fun. 
  • ArielSira
    ArielSira Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    I know Lili4's abilities are kakas, they kept me from getting her despite the wonderful managain.

And a monoblue walker with +7 would be too good I think (max now is +5?).
  • greenmeanie
    greenmeanie Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    I would guess it would be a new Chandra because all the other basic pws have at least 3 and she only has 2.  I would like to see a new Kiora or Garruk.
  • WiLDRAGE
    WiLDRAGE Posts: 145 Tile Toppler
    Excpect Elementals to be a major tribe and let's hope the Cavalier cycle doesn't suck.

Beyond that, who really knows but I'd love to see a new Sorin.
  • Zystin
    Zystin Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    I'll second that.  Would like to see a new Sorin that has strong black mana bonuses, a respectable life total, and good abilities.
  • Mburn7
    Zystin said:
    I'll second that.  Would like to see a new Sorin that has strong black mana bonuses, a respectable life total, and good abilities.
    Hmmm, Sorin you say?  Lets see:

Sorin, Imperious Bloodlord
    Color: Mono-Black
    Health (at level 60):  115

First Ability:
    Target Creature you control gains deathtouch until end of turn.  If its a Vampire it gets +1/+1
    Target..........................gains deathtouch and berzerker..........................................Vampire it gets +2/+2
    Target..........................gains deathtouch, berzerker, and lifelink...........................
    Target..........................gains deathtouch, berzerker, lifelink, and prevent damage........................Vampire reinforce it

Second:
    Lose a reinforcement from a Vampire creature you control.  Deal 3/6/9/12 damage to target creature or planeswalker and gain 3/6/9/12 life

Third:
    Fetch the next vampire creature from your library.   It gains 4/8/12/16 mana.

Is that first too good?  Might need to switch it with the second.  They are both plus abilities on the paper version, so it can go either way.  But this is a mono black that would be fun to play around with I think.