"Flash" animation on match gives me a headache

Options
AntiLeni
AntiLeni Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
The new engine is great, but the animation that flashes when you make a match is really distracting and gives me a headache. I have all my animations turned off; is there some way to tame this? This is actually a game-breaking issue for me, as it's making me sick. 

Comments

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,937 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Same.

It's like motion sickness.

KGB
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's not enough to give me a headache, but seriously, more screen flash was not at all what this game needed.
  • LHammer
    LHammer Posts: 97 Match Maker
    Options
    Please add an option to deselect the "EVERYTHING MUST FLASH!!!!" feature of the new engine.
  • TheWraith119
    TheWraith119 Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Options
    The game flared up my migraines.  I tried playing twice and I thought I was going to vomit each time.  Either roll back the change or allow the screen smoothing to be disabled.
  • Ashtartalat
    Ashtartalat Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Options
    The screen smoothing is a major issue for me too, also tried playing twice, the first time made me nauseous and the second time gave me a headache. 
  • 0zfest
    0zfest Posts: 50 Match Maker
    Options
    #flash!uh-uh!
  • Sabaton74
    Sabaton74 Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Pulsing flashing headaches here too, feels like brain damage after a while. Maybe just light up power ready bar, instead of pulse... can we get an epileptic sensitive option... for now I play w eyes closed, look away, or turn phone down/aside... kind of a sabotages immersion.
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Sabaton74
    @0zfest
    @KGB
    @TPF Alexis
    Hey everyone. Is this issue still occurring after the R186 update?
  • Sabaton74
    Options
    Sho nuff, but only during long grinds. The look away option really helps. Does this mean I'm addicted? They keep saying soda is bad for you, yet here I am w a two liter...
  • Sabaton74
    edited September 2019
    Options
    I got so used to looking away I havent tried to watch the cascade for long tho... feel the nudge after a minute and take a break.

EDIT: the smoother menus and tile drop is easier on the eyes tho. The effect stems from pulsing power bars, multiple attack swoops, ap bubble travel, white/light screen flash. Maybe sensory overload... not really a neuro scientist. I remember one time when I switched accounts away from work phone took a couple days off, i had withdrawals, that headache lasted like a day or two....
  • Tombstone
    Options
    @Sabaton74
    Do you or does anyone else experience the flashing AP bars in any battle other than Wave missions?
  • Sabaton74
    Options
    Power ready bar has been clearing after AP spent , cept waves.  
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    Yeah, the AP bars flashing when not full is pretty much constant once they've filled at least once, and sometimes even when they haven't. Happens in PvP matches, DDQ, PvE, Waves, non-Waves, whatever.
  • Tombstone
    Options
    @TPF Alexis
    If you experience the flashing in non-wave nodes, could you get a screenshot of that and send it to Customer Support? It would really help if you could also let them know which mission you experienced it in. 
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    Tombstone said:
    @TPF Alexis
    If you experience the flashing in non-wave nodes, could you get a screenshot of that and send it to Customer Support? It would really help if you could also let them know which mission you experienced it in. 
    I'll give it a try. My phone's beat up enough that taking screenshots without turning it off accidentally is kind of a sketchy proposition.
  • LakeStone
    LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
    Options
    Tombstone said:
    @TPF Alexis
    I'll give it a try. My phone's beat up enough that taking screenshots without turning it off accidentally is kind of a sketchy proposition.
    We are still looking into the flashing AP bar as it isn't happening to everyone.  If you (or anyone else has this issue) if you can DM me what device your player name, if it's happening all the time or just sometimes, and if you see any common occurrences, that will be super helpful.  Thanks!
  • Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The animation that is displayed on the AP bar below each character shows up once there is enough AP to fire an ability. If you fire that ability and the AP is drained below the level needed to fire that ability again the animation should no longer be displayed. Unfortunately, this is not the case now. Now after the ability is fired the animation remains whether there is enough AP to fire the ability again or not.
  • gotskott
    gotskott Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options
    It's a minor but annoying bug. Sometimes, but not always, after firing a power, the energy bar will continue to flash, even though there's no longer enough power.

After firing Storm's blue today:
    https://i.imgur.com/JLgjGUH.jpg

From a few months ago:
    https://i.imgur.com/qMwrCt8.jpg

A quick search showed this happened a couple years ago, but I didn't see a resolution. Does this happen to anyone else? 
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    Yeah, it's pretty common. Came up again in this thread, even tho it's not the primary topic.
  • Sabaton74
    Options
    Back on topic, stopped drinking Pepsi max, pretty sure it almost gave me a stroke and got some reading glasses.... problem solved, no more looking away, char animations on and everything... never too old to swipe tiles w marvel right d3 bahaha :still getting used to my body dying: