Fate is Rarely Fair (More difficult?)

Boogeyman
Boogeyman Posts: 223 Tile Toppler
Hey, is anybody facing a very very hard GREG this event?  I usually only lose one or so, but GREG has been kicking my behind.  I have lost like four out of the first 8 matches.  

I am trying to go for the the secondary objectives, where GREG could care less.  He has no cards that would energize for instance.  Just all the legacy loops and he has the exact right order and mana for the cards. 

Literally took me down in 1 turn in two games.

Comments

• Boogeyman
    Boogeyman Posts: 223 Tile Toppler
    Meh, I guess I am the only one ;)  I actually didn't lose any of the matches after the initial 8 matches.  

Just chance I guess.
  • Ampersand
    Ampersand Posts: 206 Tile Toppler
    Greg  is often more difficult when its deck isn't built for secondaries and yours is.
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think more people just either 1. Don’t care about the objectives and grind through it with whatever for progression rewards or 2. Don’t have the cards or PW to run energy so the same is happening. 

This is a big problem with events that have set related flavor objectives. 
  • Avahad
    Avahad Posts: 296 Mover and Shaker
    I play these kind of events (legacy) to progression only with 2-4 Unmastered cards in each deck if I make secondaries great- but in all honesty the more games the better for the card xp- however in playing these games I want them over ASAP so will play the combos that get the job done. 
    Unfortunately I can’t master cards in coalition events as I need all the points I can get as playing the last round of nodes (especially in RAW) is very hit or miss for me- but that’s another conversation entirely.....
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,607 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have just played approximately10 FIRF matches, where I missed the red speed secondary twice and one other secondary once.

I did not see anything to suggest that Greg is smarter than usual. Nor did I see any “power deck” that suggested that some combo is prevalent in my bracket at least.
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2019
    I played FIRF (except the white node because it's garbage) event optimized to test this. I went perfect to 80 points in less than an hour without issues. 

Greg is fine. 

PS: Thanks for reminding me how much I love playing energy -- will do this again -- lots of crystals for very little time with a mechanic I enjoy. 
  • Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2019
    Its not a big surprise to see those legacy events being kinda harder, even if one respects the secundaries restrictions, he's got access to the most broken converters, fetchers and so on.

You can basically deal with most nodes with a deploy or a green loop deck, just by changing the creatures in it.