Pew pew vs. Sammy boy

qandols
qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
Champed Nova. One Danger Zone and two consecutive Rocket man and it's over. LT was a 4* champ level.

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2019
    Flaptain is just too slow. I managed to fire red twice and yellow and black once each, ending it before he even got to fire anything once.
    Token was a Dazzler champ level.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2019
    This match-up is is Strikes vs Shields.  Strikes wins.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Poor old Flaptain didn't get a chance to use a single power, as I greedily grabbed up all of the red and yellow with my 5/5/3 level 279 Nova. He stayed airborne for a good chunk of the time (amusing that this is a problem for a flying character) from my red. I'm glad that the fight was easy, because I got a real stinker of a reward from the token - an unusable 4* Kingpin purple. Blecko.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2019
    This is another easy match for champed Nova. Deny red, use red and then black if he is still around.

Fighting against Vulture might be more interesting for some when they send him airborne.  >:)
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Same thing happened to me as @DAZ0273.  Captain Falcon got a turn 2 cascade and fired off his red on turn 3.  There were no protects and I quickly killed him, but that’s not the point :)

LT gave me something utterly forgettable.
  • DataPixel77
    DataPixel77 Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Flaptain barely stood a chance against my 3/5/5 level 270 Nova. I managed to beat him before he could fire off any of his powers, because he just kept collecting Blues and Purples mainly.
    Legendary token netted me a 5* Storm Black, making a very nice reward.
  • froggerjohn
    froggerjohn Posts: 373 Mover and Shaker
    1/2/1 level 94 Nova with rank 2 Taskmaster's, full boosts for all match damage, red/yellow, and black/green.

This one was really close, but got it on the first try.
    Denying red and yellow, it was going really well at first. Fired black to get some strikes, and waited to fire the red until a turn where it was the most useful to send him airborne. (Like in danger of him getting red).

When he cascaded into yellow and dropped all the protects, I was pretty sure I was going to lose it. But was able to match a few of them out, and get some more lucky black/red matches to do enough damage to finish him off.