Yes, ANOTHER Thread

GENxSLADE
GENxSLADE Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
Hello all, my first true post on the forums since I typically just come to read your wonderfully helpful posts.

Anyway first thing first, this is my roster (2* aren't listed because they're a revolving door): 

https://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/GENxSLADE/

I'm a seasoned player with 5 years exp, the first few years a lot of mistakes were made but I'm good now that I'm in a reliable alliance that has helped me grow. (Shoutout to Roughnecks)

Anyway, I'm just looking for any advice or tips you can think of based on my roster. I'm currently hoarding 78 LTs and 1597 CP in preparation for a 5* leap. Hoarding has gotten easier since I have most 4*s champed but I'm wondering if there is a way to speed this up?

I'm mainly a PvP player and average about 7k a season. I used to play PvE heavily but it was always a daunting task trying to time things for optimal play with my schedule.

Anyway I'm just looking for any kind of advice that could help me play better and hopefully have more fun. So if I need to champ a certain character ASAP let me know. If I need to farm my 3*s more effectively, say it. Also taking team suggestions since the more characters I aquire/champ the less sure I am on who to use with who. But mainly, I want to get to 5* land because I'm tired of always placing well but not well enough in PvP and I want MORE out of this game.

Comments

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,904 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2019
    GENxSLADE said:
    Hoarding has gotten easier since I have most 4*s champed but I'm wondering if there is a way to speed this up?

Buy Clubs ;)

In all seriousness, you not playing PvE is the biggest reason you are progressing slower than you want. Just play CL7 (that's where I play with a slightly more developed roster than you). The 30-40 CP you earn per event really adds up along with the 4* progression cover and a few 3* progression covers. You don't need to play for placement (scheduling things) and even if you just do the minimum 5 clears in slacker brackets (join late) you'll likely get a T50 for more 3* covers. Those extra 3*s really add up over time in terms of more CP / 4* champ rewards.

You already have every useful 4* champed (minus Bishop for defensive annoyance) so you aren't going to improve your PvP experience until you get the meta 5* characters or get your top 4*s into the 330+ range in terms of champ levels. Your biggest problem is you've leveled up your 5*s (looking at you Green Goblin) a lot higher than your 4* so your MMR is going to be harder than it should be.

Oh, and set Kitty as your 5* BH so that when you do open your LTs or spend CPs in a store/LTs you'll hopefully get more of her Yellow so you can run a more effective Gritty since your Okoye/Thor is nowhere.

KGB
  • GENxSLADE
    KGB said:
    GENxSLADE said:
    Hoarding has gotten easier since I have most 4*s champed but I'm wondering if there is a way to speed this up?

Buy Clubs ;)

In all seriousness, you not playing PvE is the biggest reason you are progressing slower than you want. Just play CL7 (that's where I play with a slightly more developed roster than you). The 30-40 CP you earn per event really adds up along with the 4* progression cover and a few 3* progression covers. You don't need to play for placement (scheduling things) and even if you just do the minimum 5 clears in slacker brackets (join late) you'll likely get a T50 for more 3* covers. Those extra 3*s really add up over time in terms of more CP / 4* champ rewards.

You already have every useful 4* champed (minus Bishop for defensive annoyance) so you aren't going to improve your PvP experience until you get the meta 5* characters or get your top 4*s into the 330+ range in terms of champ levels. Your biggest problem is you've leveled up your 5*s (looking at you Green Goblin) a lot higher than your 4* so your MMR is going to be harder than it should be.

Oh, and set Kitty as your 5* BH so that when you do open your LTs or spend CPs in a store/LTs you'll hopefully get more of her Yellow so you can run a more effective Gritty since your Okoye/Thor is nowhere.

KGB
    Okay, I appreciate this advice. I am actually starting to get back into PvE since that's where the ISO lives. But I'm taking all things into consideration, so thanks.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Also, if you're in PVE for resources and not necessarily placement, you have 24 hrs (or 48) to do 5 clears.  You mentioned that you had a tough time with PVE because you need to play a certain way to play optimally, so just do 5 clears at any time and ignore placement.  Also, in that case, if you can swing scl 9, you'll get a lot more cp over time from progression...
  • GENxSLADE
    Also, if you're in PVE for resources and not necessarily placement, you have 24 hrs (or 48) to do 5 clears.  You mentioned that you had a tough time with PVE because you need to play a certain way to play optimally, so just do 5 clears at any time and ignore placement.  Also, in that case, if you can swing scl 9, you'll get a lot more cp over time from progression...
    Thank you for the tip. I think PvE is where I lost my way. My alliance is PvP focused, so I think that is what took my mind off PvE and my progress slowed. I'm definitely going to stop worrying so much about placement there and just focus on progression. I don't want to Hoard all the way into next year.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2019

Can't echo @Waddles_Pines enough. I too am a 4* player, and a few months ago I gave up on placement and jumped up to SCL 9 for PvE. I do 6 clears on the non-wave easy nodes, 2 on the 5e, 2 on hard wave nodes, and 4 on all other nodes. Timing doesn't matter. I hit full progression every time and even pulling once in a while I'm up to hoarding 2852 CP. You get 1 CP for 4 clears of each 4e and 3 CP for 2 clears of each 5e, plus 40 or 45 CP from Progression rewards (can't remember if the first reward is 10 or 15). For a 3 day event, that's 52-57 CP. I forget how that compares to SCL 8 but it's at least 10 extra CP and I think more than that.

If I get bored, I'll do extra clears on the goon only nodes just for fun.

Anyway, you might already know the rest, but:
    1) Stop dumping ISO into 5*s
    2) I'd set your next goal to get all your 4*s to level 209. That makes them usable for both SHIELD training and just in general when they're boosted or featured.
    3) Of the 4*s you don't have champed, I'd go for Valkyrie or Bishop, and probably lean towards Valk because the "nerf Bishop" brigade may storm the castle soon. Valk is one of the great 4* batteries and fits on many teams, especially if you use supports to manipulate your team's strongest color.
  • GENxSLADE
    helix72 said:

Can't echo @Waddles_Pines enough. I too am a 4* player, and a few months ago I gave up on placement and jumped up to SCL 9 for PvE. I do 6 clears on the non-wave easy nodes, 2 on the 5e, 2 on hard wave nodes, and 4 on all other nodes. Timing doesn't matter. I hit full progression every time and even pulling once in a while I'm up to hoarding 2852 CP. You get 1 CP for 4 clears of each 4e and 3 CP for 2 clears of each 5e, plus 40 or 45 CP from Progression rewards (can't remember if the first reward is 10 or 15). For a 3 day event, that's 52-57 CP. I forget how that compares to SCL 8 but it's at least 10 extra CP and I think more than that.

If I get bored, I'll do extra clears on the goon only nodes just for fun.

Anyway, you might already know the rest, but:
    1) Stop dumping ISO into 5*s
    2) I'd set your next goal to get all your 4*s to level 209. That makes them usable for both SHIELD training and just in general when they're boosted or featured.
    3) Of the 4*s you don't have champed, I'd go for Valkyrie or Bishop, and probably lean towards Valk because the "nerf Bishop" brigade may storm the castle soon. Valk is one of the great 4* batteries and fits on many teams, especially if you use supports to manipulate your team's strongest color.
    Noted, thank you! For some reason my innate competitive nature keeps coming out in PvE and I keep trying to place well lol. But I'm gonna try to focus on getting progression in scl9