Can't Apply Additional AP Boosts [Devs Aware]

Options
System
System Posts: 1,024 Chairperson of the Boards
This discussion was created from comments split from: R184 Pre-Release Notes *Updated (8/8/19).

//Edited Title -Brigby

Comments

• frederec
    frederec Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    Options
    After downloading the update, I can no longer apply more than two of any damage bonus to a match (so I can get at most +20% for two color damage bonuses, and +40% damage bonus for all at once, where it used to be capped at +50% and +100%).  Is this intentional or is it a bug?  I don't use damage bonuses a huge amount now, but with this lower cap, they would be far less useful.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    frederec said:
    After downloading the update, I can no longer apply more than two of any damage bonus to a match (so I can get at most +20% for two color damage bonuses, and +40% damage bonus for all at once, where it used to be capped at +50% and +100%).  Is this intentional or is it a bug?  I don't use damage bonuses a huge amount now, but with this lower cap, they would be far less useful.
    Interesting. AP boosts were capped at two, so I’d wager this was unintentionally applied to all types of boosts.
  • Xalthim
    Xalthim Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Options
    CNash said:
    frederec said:
    Interesting. AP boosts were capped at two, so I’d wager this was unintentionally applied to all types of boosts.
    @Brigby please report this problem. Boosts are not capped but the add button disappears too quickly and you have to push the boost icon and come back out to add another boost. 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    @frederec @CNash @Xalthim *Moved to Bugs & Technical Issues section for dev visibility
  • haro63
    haro63 Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Since the update I'm not able to increase my power boost multiple levels at a time.  I can increase it once, then have to re-select it like I'm going to replace it, select the same boost again, increase the level once, and do the whole process over again to max it out the boost.  If I'm increasing 2 boosts, it lets me alternate increasing the boost, i.e. I can increase red yellow once, then black green, then the red yellow boost increase button comes back, I can press that, then the black green comes back.  I'm seeing this same bug on android on different phones (Note 8, Moto Force Z) and different tablets.
  • qcodemach1
    qcodemach1 Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I'm having the same problem.
  • haro63
    haro63 Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Options
    other option of increasing your boost is using two different colors, i.e. red/yellow and green/black.  once you select them and they both are on your screen you can pick one until the add boost disappears and then pick the other until that disappears then the other color add boost will return.  So you have to alternate picking to get to max without having to re-select the boost again. 
  • Beast1970
    Beast1970 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It's not necessary to re-select the boost.  You can get around this issue by just going into the team-up selection screen and backing out, which will bring back the add button allowing an additional increase.  Which honestly isn't much better, you'd still need to do this multiple times if you intend to max boost something like the critical boost.