MPQ Sneak Peek: August 2019 Edition *Updated (8/23/19)

Comments

• ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    pheregas said:
    5* and 2* Storm are both essential for Infinite Pursuit.  Has that ever happened before?
    It happened with Black Widows at one point. I think it was the 5* and 4* both being Featured. Thick as Thieves, IIRC.
    Impressive...

Thick as Thieves (8/12/18)
    Featured Characters:
    5-Star: Black Widow (Natasha Romanoff)
    4-Star: Black Widow (Infinity War)
    3-Star: Daken (Classic)
    2-Star: Captain Marvel (Ms. Marvel)
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/74265/mpq-sneak-peek-august-edition-updated-8-27-18/p1

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *(08/08/19) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, and Weekly Buffs.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    So, Mysterio is in the weekly boost rotation already, but we still haven't seen Ghost in there as far as I can recall?
  • Friarbundy
    Friarbundy Posts: 118 Tile Toppler
    Legion?
  • Acemontiero
    Acemontiero Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    So, Mysterio is in the weekly boost rotation already, but we still haven't seen Ghost in there as far as I can recall?
    Or Wiccan
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    So no new release on August 15?
    Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of slow down a bit the releases of new characters  :D
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2019
    Don’t worry, they’ll probably just do another one week gap between the next two. 

See:  Rescue - Sabretooth. 

The hint is up, after all. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Or Wiccan
    I think there are a couple more as well. But of them, Ghost is the one I really want to use.
  • Jormagund
    Jormagund Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Or Wiccan
    I think there are a couple more as well. But of them, Ghost is the one I really want to use.
    Can we at least hold on until after the extra blue cover in PVP Progression?
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Are we now doing four days between Crash of the Titans, or have I missed one Deadpool Daily in the past two rotations? I guess that's one way to deal with dilution...
  • bluewolf
    Are we now doing four days between Crash of the Titans, or have I missed one Deadpool Daily in the past two rotations? I guess that's one way to deal with dilution...
    As awesome as ANY movement toward a dilution solution/mitigation would be, it remains 5 days.

After a while it becomes pretty easy to forget about DDQ.....I think I did one in the last couple months just before the new one started.
  • bluewolf
    @Brigby

When Thor was released, the PVE that ran next to his release was just a normal PVE.  There was no way to earn tokens to his store.  The Sakaar Arena had a miniscule chance to pull a Thor cover from the tokens you won.

The point is, can you please verify whether or not a new character is coming this week, just so we know what to expect in that regard?  (Presumably info would be posted later today, but not always.)

I could easily see that the team at Demiurge wants to give extra time to work out bugs around the new engine before running a new release event.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *(08/13/19) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, and Deadpool's Dailies.
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Neither of the above... I believe the technical term is GREED 😂 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I hadn't seen the character thread when I posted that lol. I don't even know what to think about this...1:250 odds to land him? Required in the next event? Bananas.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Unstable Iso-8 - 3 Day Duration (8/19/19) *New Update*
    Featured Characters:
    5-Star: Professor X (Classic)

You guys, April Fool's Day is on the 1st... of April. Every year. They didn't move it or anything.

So when do we get the update where you at least delay Featuring him until he's in Latest so we can figure out the first update (the new HP store) first?

• bluewolf
    Don't think, just spend.  Need Prof X for Black Cat covers!
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    RickOShay said:
    A partial solution: 
    Update 4* Professor X to be a 5* feeder. Problem solved, for some. 
    That’s fine. Instead of a 1:250 chance of 1 power I won’t use in his first event, it’ll be three guaranteed powers I won’t use in his first event.

If I don’t have him, oh well. SCL9 and better rewards without the extra difficult 5E node to feel obligated to do.