MPQ Sneak Peek: August 2019 Edition *Updated (8/23/19)

Comments

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *(07/30/19) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, Deadpool's Dailies, and Weekly Buffs.
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    It is a bit funny that this update actually confirms 4* Juggs, tells us his colours will be Blue, Red, Green, and yet there is no seperate Character info post. Are his abilities meant to be a surprise?

Or perhaps they're still being fine-tuned? 
    Or you guys finally had enough of the playerbase criticizing a character before it's even out just based on its stats?
     (Both?)

Whats up with this character?
  • Feliz
    Feliz Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    It is a bit funny that this update actually confirms 4* Juggs, tells us his colours will be Blue, Red, Green, and yet there is no seperate Character info post. Are his abilities meant to be a surprise?

Or you guys finally had enough of the playerbase criticizing a character before it's even out just based on its stats?
     (Both?)

He is unstoppable so we can't even get a pic of him ;) Got to be a self heal and board crasher in his powers surely!
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,238 Chairperson of the Boards
    Here's a picture, taken just before someone's head got smashed in.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf said:
    Okoye feature incoming? Do we know what color? I feel like we missed out on red last time and my 6/4/1 could really use one
    You should be in luck....I think she's been featured 8 times, so red should be coming up next.
    We’ll see. I’m starting from 10cp, so we’ll see how long it’ll take to grind 250
    The good/bad news is that Okoye should have followed BP if they had left her in the rotation based on her last appearance as a Latest 5E.  But instead, Thanos is running as the 5E for MR&G after Cosmic Chaos (your phone isn't vibrating, the rest of your roster is shaking at the thought of 5nos's team damage).  (AKA they skipped her.)

Assuming Okoye's new place is based on her last 5E, that'll be between JJ and Strange and somewhere in the ballpark of 6 months from now.  So, plenty of time to save up 250 CP.....

Maybe....maybe....she will run in the next Classic slot after 5nos. Still plenty of time in that case.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2019
    I should really start sitting on 250cp as my floor for moments like these anyway...

Being able to direct-buy a red saves me at least 3 months of bonusing Shuri from 288 to 350 (I could then trade 3:1) if I would then only need to take her to 320. Further assuming no 5* bonuses along that path.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    DAZ0273 said:

(Both?)

This update is just like the very first appearance of Juggernaut in Uncanny X-Men 12! Throughout the issue he is mostly shrouded in shadow as this dark figure who keeps advancing through all the X-men's traps closing menacingly in on the X-Mansion until we finally get to see him at the end!
    So maybe his blue power is invisibility...??? Yikes.
  • jkzl
    jkzl Posts: 85 Match Maker
    he's live in-game.  go look at the rewards for cosmic chaos and you can get to him that way.
  • Feliz
    bluewolf said:
    Here's a picture, taken just before someone's head got smashed in.

Oh no he might have concussed Brigby, delaying our info :s

• bluewolf
    In case people haven't found this yet....his details are up.

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/79212/juggernaut-fear-itself#latest
  • Feliz
    bluewolf said:
    In case people haven't found this yet....his details are up.

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/79212/juggernaut-fear-itself#latest
    Thanks bluewolf
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *(08/05/19) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, and Deadpool's Dailies.
  • MackDan1
    MackDan1 Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    Shouldn't Black Cat be rewarded for placement in Honor Among Thieves? Figured she'd be essential in Shield Training for new character release on the 15th.
  • ElReyFelix
    ElReyFelix Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    MackDan1 said:
    Shouldn't Black Cat be rewarded for placement in Honor Among Thieves? Figured she'd be essential in Shield Training for new character release on the 15th.
    Could be a 5* release
  • bluewolf
    MackDan1 said:
    Could be a 5* release
    Given the recent 44545 pattern, the next character should indeed be a 5.

That aside, the LLLVV pattern (for PVE 4* rewards) does seem to be in place again.  We had Sabretooth, then Juggernaut (who interrupted the pattern) who will be followed by Ronin and Mysterio before moving to Gwenpool.

I can't answer why they are rewarding Ronin now instead of Black Cat, but things seem to be following that pattern.
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Brigby said:
    *(08/05/19) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, and Deadpool's Dailies.
    Bishop is boosted!  I can't wait for the mountain of salt from Craig Wednesday night!
    Bishop and Iceman are both boosted. Stun locks for everyone!
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    5* and 2* Storm are both essential for Infinite Pursuit.  Has that ever happened before?
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    pheregas said:
    5* and 2* Storm are both essential for Infinite Pursuit.  Has that ever happened before?
    It happened with Black Widows at one point. I think it was the 5* and 4* both being Featured. Thick as Thieves, IIRC.