Lousy mutt vs. Great Balls of Fire

qandols
qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
Champed Lockjaw. First attempt was ludicrous. Fireboy cascaded into so many red I had to swallow three fireballs in a row. Then black, then green. It did not end well. Next attempt I had the upper hand and knocked him with one blue damage and two green attacks. LT was a Shuri that rewarded another LT, a Valkyrie.

Comments

• optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm 0 for 3 so far. This is one of the hardest one on one fights. Torch is a fast damage dealer with two DOT attacks (and they're both at 5 covers here so they really bleed you). Lockjaw is a support character with one ability (yellow) made almost completely useless in this fight, and the other two are quite conditional.

Even Taskmaster's Sword didn't get me a win on attempt #3. And my Lockjaw is level 281.

Keep slugging away I guess. Eventually I'll be due for a lucky cascade. 
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yup, cascades are ones only hope. Lots of blue and green is needed.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Strangely (especially after reading the struggles above), this was easy for me.
    My Lockjaw is at 4/5/2, but I only have him at level 94 because anything higher than that would just be a waste of my iso.

I put my Taskmaster's Sword on Puppy and essentially beat Johnny with match damage (even though he started with 3x the health I had). I gathered, but never fired, green. Denied Johnny red. When my blue was ready I let Johnny take all the black, waiting for him to fire his Inferno to give me attack tiles to steal. Two or three more turns after stealing and he was toast.
    No big cascades. No 5-matches.

My alliance mate said he won his first time with a 2/0/0 Lockjaw aided significantly by a Chewie support. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    He isn't a lousy Mutt he is a good boy! 4/5/4 Good boy, who is a good boy! Lvl 185 dealt with the nasty arsonist and then we played fetch! Such a good boy! Who wants a belly rub?
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Champed lockjaw won first go .... with 87 health left. Good boy.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Breaking news! Cat and dog work together to extinguish human trash fire!
    So, yeah, adding Chewie meant that my yellow was relevant in the match, which made it pretty easy. Eventually summoned Quake for the win.
    No idea what the Token was, I just pulled almost 50 of them and I don't know which was the Crash Token.
  • froggerjohn
    froggerjohn Posts: 373 Mover and Shaker
    With a 2/3/4 puppers, I just went for all-out match damage.
    Took Taskmaster's Sword, +80% all, +50% r/y, +50% b/p.
    Denied red, and tried to make cascades when they presented themselves.
    He got off the green, but never had a lot of green AP, so no big deal.
    Also fired his black, and I would love to have stolen them, but there wasn't enough purple on the board. So I settled for black, which wiped some of the tiles and did some damage. 
    Torch fell to match damage shortly thereafter.
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    Champed Lockjaw, I did not have much issue after firing green and then protecting the red charged tiles that came up. I had blue on deck but it was either giving me Medusa (and no attacks to steal) or Kamala (no real need to heal). But the dog kept biting.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    My level 209 5/5/3 good boy had a pretty fun and challenging time of it - I was down to 982 health, and Torch was sitting at about 800. Torch made a red match. That red match would have given him enough red to cast Fireball the next turn. To my surprise, he made the red match (out of a choice of two), that included one of my Chewie attack tiles! That proved to be his downfall, as Lockjaw does not like it when you touch his toys. 
    My reward was a saved color for Valkyrie.
  • Feliz
    Feliz Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    2 covers made my boy lay down and play dead :'(