AI uses vanguard abilities multiple times in a turn [As Designed]

madwren
madwren Posts: 2,226 Chairperson of the Boards
Here was the sequence:

1. vVraska in play at start of turn. Summon Assassin.
2. AI matches gems and casts a second vVraska. Also gains an Extra Swap.
3. Then uses vVraska again and summons a second assassin.

Thus it could be one of two things granting the extra use: the extra swap, or the reinforcement. 

//Edited Title - Tombstone

Comments

• Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    If its the reinforcement I guess it kind of makes sense (still probably wrong, but understandable)
    If its the extra swap thats a problem
  • WiLDRAGE
    WiLDRAGE Posts: 145 Tile Toppler
    edited July 2019
    Players can do this also.  If you activate a Vanguard and play another copy of that same Vanguard at the same time as you get an extra swap, you can activate it again the same turn.

You cannot reactivate it just by gaining an extra swap.
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,607 Chairperson of the Boards
    @WiLDRAGE - I don’t recall reading that rule on the introduction of vanguards. So you are describing what is allowed from experience (I guess)?

@Brigby (or @Tombstone since you seems to be one answering at the moment) could you please update us on what is the correct behaviour?
  • WiLDRAGE
    WiLDRAGE Posts: 145 Tile Toppler
    Tremayne said:
    @WiLDRAGE - I don’t recall reading that rule on the introduction of vanguards. So you are describing what is allowed from experience (I guess)?
    Sorry for delayed response. Yes, I do it all the time in one of my decks, @Tremayne.
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hi everyone, I'll relay this to the team for confirmation on whether or not this behavior is intended. 
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hi everyone, I discussed this issue with the team, and they have confirmed that Vanguard Support abilities are intended to able to be used multiple times in a single turn if the player or opponent Reinforce the Vanguard on a turn when they gain an extra swap. 
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tombstone said:
    Hi everyone, I discussed this issue with the team, and they have confirmed that Vanguard Support abilities are intended to able to be used multiple times in a single turn if the player or opponent Reinforce the Vanguard on a turn when they gain an extra swap. 
    Cool, thanks for the quick clarification!  (and before people argue, it does kind of make sense in a weird way with how walkers work in paper.  Not saying its the best way, but certainly justifiable)
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,607 Chairperson of the Boards
    I’m fine with this implementation, now vanguards could see wider use. I just wished vanguards weren’t in the support category, since they are behaving so different from supports in general. I don’t know of any supports that can be activated like this (many supports can be triggered multiple times, but I think that is different).
  • Avahad
    Avahad Posts: 296 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2020
    Well..... if you use it then match it away then cast another in that turn you can use it again on an extra swap if you gain one......