How To Get Players to Join New Alliance Formed?

XDarthVadarX
XDarthVadarX Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
Other than the ones that joined my alliance formed (my family members), it seems that after almost a year and no one joining at all.

Previously, when I played Star Wars and formed a guide, it took me less then 3 months to have all the slots filled up.

🎰🎰🎰

Comments

• Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Other than the ones that joined my alliance formed (my family members), it seems that after almost a year and no one joining at all.

Previously, when I played Star Wars and formed a guide, it took me less then 3 months to have all the slots filled up.

🎰🎰🎰
    Did you accidentally make it private? If not just post on the alliance section here, or Reddit/discord.  
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards

When you search for alliances, it seems to sort by number of members, with the largest alliances at the top.  If your alliance only has a small number of members, then it is unlikely that random players will discover your alliance and join.

This happened with the alliance I'm currently in after a bunch of us mutinied due to the founder going inactive.  At about 10 members, we weren't getting anyone joining.  After recruiting a few more members directly, it filled up fairly quickly with new players.

• XDarthVadarX
    XDarthVadarX Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    @Waddles_Pines
    Yes, my alliance formed is public. (I checked), alliance name is Darth Vadar.
    Seems like no one wish to join the dark side nowadays... 
    @jamesh
    How I wish to have 10...after almost a year, I only have 4. And 2 are my family members. It is just like me, Darth Vadar, Palpaphine, Darth Maul and Tarkin all stuck in the Executor, and getting lost in the black hole.  :'(
  • Mattjimf
    Mattjimf Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    May be worth asking on the MPQ facebook groups.  Always people looking to slow down or starting out looking for Alliances.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2019
    Hi, Please use https://forums.d3go.com/categories/mpq-alliances  to look for new members, make sure to read the guidelines. Good Luck!

Moving to Alliances

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    Post on the forum "Alliances" section; post on the sub-reddit in the "Looking for Alliance/Looking for Members" thread.  

Define what you want your alliance to be in the post.  Casual?  going for a certain number of clears etc?  Hope for the best, but the odds are not good that you'll build your group much.

I'll be honest.... it's a bit of a catch-22, but a new player should really be looking to join alliances with a minimum of about 12 members if just joining randomly.  There are also around 10,000 alliances and the most-full ones show up at the top when you just say you are looking for an alliance (not a specific name) so you have very low odds at someone joining you unless they decided they were going to join the "Darth Vader" alliance.

The benefit of an alliance is getting extra iso and teamups, mostly....and the occasional purchase CP.  If a new player asked me how big the group they are joining should be, I'd tell them the bigger the better.