Ragnarok's Godlike Power not getting damage boost from Okoye's passive [Investigating]

Options
Mrcl25
Mrcl25 Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
As stated in the title. Is that a bug? Is it happening to everyone?

edit: as JimboJambo explained:

It looks like the boost isn't working if there is only one enemy left. I just tried it with 2 enemies and it did the standard damage to the target but boosted damage to the non target. Seems like a bug to me.

//Edited Title -Brigby

Comments

• Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Um, are you sure? I so rarely get to 14 green in those battles (I'm assuming you're talking about LR battles...) that I've never been sure, though I've wondered.

And: is the self-damage also magnified? I'm guessing not and that this is maybe a well-answered question...?
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Do people use Rags green then? I just spam his red and blue and sort of forget it exists.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I never use his green if I can help it. I did notice in Strange Sights that Wakanda Forever! wasn't adding to the first-fire of Gambit's red, but that's because all it does is destroy some basic tiles which doesn't count as damage to be boosted. Second firing counts because there is an associated arbitrary damage number. I'm wondering if Godlike Power is incorrectly flagged as one of those "damage from tiles destroyed" powers that don't get the boost?
  • JimboJambo
    JimboJambo Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Options
    It looks like the boost isn't working if there is only one enemy left. I just tried it with 2 enemies and it did the standard damage to the target but boosted damage to the non target. Seems like a bug to me.
  • TriggerTime
    TriggerTime Posts: 72 Match Maker
    Options

I noticed this too. 
  • Mrcl25
    Mrcl25 Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Thanks @JimboJambo . @Brigby, can this be looked into?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,293 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I never use his green if I can help it. I did notice in Strange Sights that Wakanda Forever! wasn't adding to the first-fire of Gambit's red, but that's because all it does is destroy some basic tiles which doesn't count as damage to be boosted. Second firing counts because there is an associated arbitrary damage number. I'm wondering if Godlike Power is incorrectly flagged as one of those "damage from tiles destroyed" powers that don't get the boost?
    That is a good guess.  War Machine's Gatling Gun ability doesn't get any Wakanda Forever boost because of the tile damage component, which seems to interfere with Wakanda Forever because the devs don't want a power that does tile damage getting the boost.  Some may recall that Thor's tile destruction got the boost until that was corrected.

I hadn't considered until now, but AOE seems like it might truly operate as 1-3 simultaneous hits.  In this case, there might be a combination of tile destruction plus damage to the main target, which negates WF because of the longstanding bug when you have damage combined with tile destruction.  Then the other AOE damage might be completely separate so WF works.

That said, if I'm right, I am not optimistic that this particular interaction will get addressed very soon.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Looks like GSBW's green is affected as well - the person in from is only taking the base damage
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,293 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    CT1888 said:
    Looks like GSBW's green is affected as well - the person in from is only taking the base damage
    So, another example of the tile damage negating the WF bonus..... 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    ..;.which seems to interfere with Wakanda Forever because the devs don't want a power that does tile damage getting the boost.  Some may recall that Thor's tile destruction got the boost until that was corrected.
    There are loads of powers that destroy tiles that do get the boost, so long as they actually specify an explicit damage number rather than using the tile's match number as the base damage. So if it says "destroys a 3X3 block of tiles" it won't get bonus damage, but if it says "Destroys a 3X3 block of tiles and does 135 damage per tile destroyed" it will do a bonus. Most of these powers either say "destroys N tiles" or they'll tell you a damage number, and so making the distinction that WF! doesn't add to powers that just break tiles is fine until you get to Hell Ride, which breaks tiles and does 300% of the match damage. That's no longer doing base-tile destruction damage in my opinion. And I'm 100% sure it was changed to be this way because of Thor, and Ghost Rider: Robbie Reyes just got the stealth nerf as a side effect.

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *Moved to MPQ Bugs & Technical Issues section
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Also check in with 3-star Gambit's red power.  Destroying the charged tiles does not get the boost from Okoye's passive either.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    I noticed that today also