MPQ Sneak Peek: July 2019 Edition *Updated (7/22/19)

124»

Comments

• Feliz
    Feliz Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Yes we need a 5* magneto to go with Jean ;)
  • Ares76
    Ares76 Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    A PvP with both Professor X and Teen Jean as boosted and featured is mean. He wants to get match-5's and she punishes them. A defensive team with Teen Jean is a no-brainer. When you are climbing with your Professor X you will be seeing tons of Teen Jeans and are stunned all the time. Where is the fun in this one? 
    To make it even worse a 2-star Magneto is also featured who can make match-fives with his purple.
  • Jormagund
    Jormagund Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    I don't know, but I read it as there being one node each for Mags, Charlie and Jean.  So if you're playing the Mags node you'll be playing against other Mags teams and not Jean or Charlie (unless the opposition team uses either as the non-essential character)?
    Find out soon anyway.
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2019
    Jormagund said:
    I don't know, but I read it as there being one node each for Mags, Charlie and Jean.  So if you're playing the Mags node you'll be playing against other Mags teams and not Jean or Charlie (unless the opposition team uses either as the non-essential character)?
    Find out soon anyway.
    Probably similar to the Snowball fight PvP, which required that you either played 3* Cap, Cyclops, or Star-Lord; each on 'their own separate node'.

In this case, I'm expecting that you'll have 1 node that requires Prof X, 1 that requires 4* or 5* Jean Grey, and the 3rd requires 2* or 3* Magneto. In each case, the other 2 characters you bring along are your choice completely.

The teams you will face will have required any one of these essentials (only one is required). But you may need to plan for a lot of skips.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Jormagund said:
    Find out soon anyway.
    Yes. That's what I meant. I'll find a way to make that clearer in the event description.
  • Brigby
    *(07/22/19) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, Deadpool's Dailies, and Weekly Buffs.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    The Hunt - 3 Day Duration (7/29/19) *New Update*
    Placement Rewards:
    4-Star: Sabretooth - Red, Black, Green

Okay, so 5* Iceman was released on the 18th, which puts our next expected release event for a 4* character on August 1st.

If Sabretooth is in placement for The Hunt on the 29th, that puts him as the Essential and Progression 4* for the following event, which should be that release event that starts August 1st.

Meaning odds are high Sabretooth is one of the three required characters for Shield Training for the new release, right? Can other forum data gurus verify that I've got that all straight? (and if they follow typical pattern of one new and two old, we're looking at two from Thing, Teen Jean, Deadpool, and Sam Wilson, at least that's what I'd guess assuming my notes are correct)

Assuming that's right, I like Sabretooth for the next Shield Training. He's still new (which puts pressure on people to chase new characters, which I think the devs like), but he's not as new as Mysterio (which makes players feel like the goal of having the new character ready for Shield Training is unattainable, which the players really don't like), so it's a decent compromise (the devs get what they want, the stress to chase game content, without it feeling outright unfair to the players, which causes people to give up instead of chase).
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc said:
    The Hunt - 3 Day Duration (7/29/19) *New Update*
    Placement Rewards:
    4-Star: Sabretooth - Red, Black, Green

Okay, so 5* Iceman was released on the 18th, which puts our next expected release event for a 4* character on August 1st.

If Sabretooth is in placement for The Hunt on the 29th, that puts him as the Essential and Progression 4* for the following event, which should be that release event that starts August 1st.

Meaning odds are high Sabretooth is one of the three required characters for Shield Training for the new release, right? Can other forum data gurus verify that I've got that all straight? (and if they follow typical pattern of one new and two old, we're looking at two from Thing, Teen Jean, Deadpool, and Sam Wilson, at least that's what I'd guess assuming my notes are correct)

Assuming that's right, I like Sabretooth for the next Shield Training. He's still new (which puts pressure on people to chase new characters, which I think the devs like), but he's not as new as Mysterio (which makes players feel like the goal of having the new character ready for Shield Training is unattainable, which the players really don't like), so it's a decent compromise (the devs get what they want, the stress to chase game content, without it feeling outright unfair to the players, which causes people to give up instead of chase).
    We had all vintage 4*s last time with Mysterio, though I suspect they used Peggy in conjunction with it being Independence Day in the U.S. when Mysterio was released. 

It's likely Sabretooth for S.H.I.E.L.D Training, with an outside chance of it being Black Cat. I really wouldn't think it would be Mysterio. He won't even be in tokens until August 1.

To the devs' credit, they made the mistake of requiring the newest 4* when it wasn't even available in tokens at the time on one occasion early on and said that was an oversight and wouldn't happen again. And to my knowledge, I don't think it has. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,245 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2019
    Based on the fact that the 7/29 Story event leading into the new release on 8/1 will be rewarding Sabretooth, we basically now have a confirmation (unless the devs break their months-long pattern) that he will be a Shield Training essential.  

Also, if anyone is curious, I predict Iceman's first run as a 5E is at the soonest Aug 11th or 12th, but probably/hopefully August 22nd.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    That Royal Family essential node in Hearts of Darkness was extra painful this time around.  With Storm creating charged tiles in her strongest colour from turn 2 onwards, Lockjaw's passive was triggering every turn.  While I could take advantage of the charged tiles the enemy created, I'd generally take a fair bit of damage from Lockjaw and Blackbolt before being able to fire my black.
  • bluewolf
    jamesh said:
    That Royal Family essential node in Hearts of Darkness was extra painful this time around.  With Storm creating charged tiles in her strongest colour from turn 2 onwards, Lockjaw's passive was triggering every turn.  While I could take advantage of the charged tiles the enemy created, I'd generally take a fair bit of damage from Lockjaw and Blackbolt before being able to fire my black.
    Get yourself some MBW teamups.  Doggie, go to sleep.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    This Rulk deal indicative of a new feeder announcement by chance?
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    This Rulk deal indicative of a new feeder announcement by chance?
    That would make sense for 5* Banner.

I wish the offer included a new costume for Red Hulk which was simply the closest approximation of Sam Elliott which trademark law would permit.  Sure, people generally disparage the Ang Lee Hulk film, but Sam Elliott...
  • bluewolf
    I am glad that the devs made a different PVP (House of X) giving you 3 different nodes with a 2/3, 4, and 4/5 option in terms of the required character.  Nice and new!  

But:

Just before that event is Ragin' Cajun, which happens to be giving out 4 Cyke covers (if you place well enough).....and I just keep thinking that instead of Prof X, they could have run Cyclops in that node, so you'd have had 2/3 Mags, 3/4 Cyke, and 4/5 Jean as your essentials.  Maybe giving the newer players 2 nodes (with 3's) to choose from might have made a better experience.

Of course I realize that Professor X, Jean, and Magneto are extremely central lynchpin characters in the grand X-Men saga, but for the good of players/the game, Cyke (who is also extremely central to the X-thos) might have been the more player-friendly choice.

@Brigby Perhaps you could pass this idea along to the developers to consider for the next run.  Thanks!
  • Brigby
    *Check out the August 2019 Sneak Peek HERE