Leader doesn't work after 3.6 update [Fixed in 3.6.1]

FartingSnail
FartingSnail Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
Nissa 4's ultimate summon element leader doesn't work. Any other element token doesn't stack. Also not working for Resplendent Angel.  

//Edited title - Brigby
Tagged:

Comments

• Enygma6
    Enygma6 Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    Confirmed that Leonin Vanguard's Leader ability fails in the same manner with Cat tokens.
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2019
    Oh good grief this is insane

//Removed Profanity -Brigby
  • Caeman
    Caeman Posts: 65 Match Maker
    New bug: Leader cards no longer work (tokens do not boost leader cards.)
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,607 Chairperson of the Boards
    Confirmed on my favourite hate creature Hatchery spider. It does not work!
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,257 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2019
    Hi everyone, 

Thank you for report. 
    I'll pass it along to the team. 

• Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Goblin Leader, Angel Leader, Dragon Leader, and Saproling Leader, all do not work.  It appears ALL leader abilities were removed with this update.

How could this happen?  There were no changes to the Leader mechanic or any Leader cards listed in the patch notes.  You guys trying to sneak something by us again?
  • dwinn7038
    dwinn7038 Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Wow, this is like half of my decks now broken. Resplendent with Huatli, Slimefoot with Kiora, Lathliss with Sarkhan, Sai with Teferi. Great update.
  • jtwood
    Yeah, Leader was an amazing and critical feature addition when it came along. The total loss of it is backbreaking for so many PWs and decks. 
    I really hope this is identified as a P1 issue and can get fixed before the new weekend event. 
  • jtwood
    Mburn7 said:
     You guys trying to sneak something by us again?
    Dude... Hanlon’s Razor. 
  • Mburn7
    jtwood said:
    Mburn7 said:
    Dude... Hanlon’s Razor. 
    There are only 4 bug fixes listed in the patch notes.  I find it impossible to believe that they could possibly miss one if there was something related to the Leader ability.

They frequently "forget" to report changes they make to abilities and behaviors.  And most of the ones that are "forgotten" are major changes to mechanics that were working perfectly fine before the update.  I'm finding it harder and harder to keep attributing that to plain old stupidity.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *Merged same thread topics together
  • jtwood
    Mburn7 said:
    jtwood said:
    Mburn7 said:
    Dude... Hanlon’s Razor. 
    There are only 4 bug fixes listed in the patch notes.  I find it impossible to believe that they could possibly miss one if there was something related to the Leader ability.

They frequently "forget" to report changes they make to abilities and behaviors.  And most of the ones that are "forgotten" are major changes to mechanics that were working perfectly fine before the update.  I'm finding it harder and harder to keep attributing that to plain old stupidity.
    All I'm saying is which of these sounds more likely:

1. The process of creating 3.6 inadvertently screwed up Leader and they missed it because QA seems to be non-existent from our perspective, or...
    2. They purposely set out to make unannounced changes to Leader?
  • Mburn7
    jtwood said:
    Mburn7 said:
    jtwood said:
    Mburn7 said:
    Dude... Hanlon’s Razor. 

All I'm saying is which of these sounds more likely:

1. The process of creating 3.6 inadvertently screwed up Leader and they missed it because QA seems to be non-existent from our perspective, or...
    2. They purposely set out to make unannounced changes to Leader?
    Now let me ask you something:

Which change listed in the Patch Notes is in any way related to the Leader ability?  Which changes are even related to a card that has the Leader ability?

So that leaves two possibilities for me:

1)  Oktagon is so bad at programming that every time they add something new or change something minor a completely random ability or card that is completely unrelated to the change breaks.

2)  Oktagon was trying to change something that they aren't telling us (which there is already one thing proven to have been changed in the update that wasn't reported) and that thing is related to Leader and it broke it that way.

I don't mind assuming stupidity as long as it seems possible to me that a company that does this (and only this) for a living could possibly be that stupid.  We're reaching a point that it no longer makes sense to assume that.
  • jtwood
    I would vote #1 in that scenario and not look back.
  • soultwist
    soultwist Posts: 325 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2019
    nevermind
  • jtwood
    I’ll clarify that I think #1 really works like this: They code a change without realizing it impacts other areas (of software that they didn’t originally build) and miss out on that impact because QA processes are severely lacking.
  • jogamundo
    jogamundo Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    Graveyard Marshall has Leader: Zombie
    the tokens created by Josu Vess have Leader: Zombie, Knight

Neither of these Leader cards will take the Zombie Army tokens created by Amass or other effects that create them.
  • Scottyp_123
    Scottyp_123 Posts: 82 Match Maker
    Well, there goes about half of my useful decks.  :'(
  • Monkeynutts
    Monkeynutts Posts: 566 Critical Contributor
    Have several Saprolings tokens on the battlefield. Just casted Slimefoot and he doesn't absorb them and become big....

Then when you create more he doesn't absorb them either......

Another that was WORKING that now doesnt....
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,607 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Monkeynutts - leader mechanism is broken. Others have reported similar problems previously.