Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Comments

• JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Boss event started on a Monday, which meant Mad about MPQ hit full progression yesterday morning. Next PvE event begins today, July 4th, being a somewhat popular holiday in the U.S. but as I typically play 5.9, and I wait for the 2nd or 3rd Flip, other than Deadpool Daily and maybe some PvP I can take a break today.
  • fiirst
    fiirst Posts: 438 Mover and Shaker
    Let the ss speak it so. 

• ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    After having a surprisingly effective run in Elektra’s path of the SHIELD Training with Elektra (3/5/5), Ronin (5/5/3) and GED (1/1/1), the event token gave me a green Black Cat with a bonus Magik. As those are the next two characters I plan to target: result!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    You guys. I found them. I was playing in Web 2.0, and found someone whose sole 5* champ was Wa5p. I really felt bad as I took them on, but I had to. Event their lvl 420 gladiathor wasn't enough to stop the Doom train.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    You guys. I found them. I was playing in Web 2.0, and found someone whose sole 5* champ was Wa5p. I really felt bad as I took them on, but I had to. Event their lvl 420 gladiathor wasn't enough to stop the Doom train.
    Now I need to head over the the "Your WORST MPQ moment of the day" thread to find out who's complaining about their 5-star Wasp being pummeled...

As for my moment, I got a Jubilee cover for my daily rewards, which gave me a 5-star Jean Grey cover, putting her to an imbalanced 4/1/1.  The best part was my youngest daughter looked at the Jubilee cover and asking me "Who's the Bubble Gum Girl?"
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Finally got a second cover for my BSSM from IW Spidey. More importantly, tho, I got two Black Cat covers from Bonus heroes. That will put her at 8 covers once I finish Shield Sim, so Shield Training ready if she's Featured even one more time.
  • Jormagund
    Jormagund Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Finally got a second cover for my BSSM from IW Spidey. More importantly, tho, I got two Black Cat covers from Bonus heroes. That will put her at 8 covers once I finish Shield Sim, so Shield Training ready if she's Featured even one more time.
    For example as the rewards in next week's Alliance event?
  • TPF Alexis
    Jormagund said:
    For example as the rewards in next week's Alliance event?
    I hadn't seen that when I made that post, but yeah. Now it's up to when she's next Featured after this run of Sinister 6, I should be able to Champ her!
  • TPF Alexis
    I'm not sure if this should be in the Best or Worst moment thread, but given that I'm seeing a lot of dual 5* champ teams* already with Kitty champed and Okoye at 435, I went ahead and champed Black Widow and Cable**, so I am now officially a 5* player. Even a year ago, I never imagined getting here.
    *Especially if it means seeing even marginally more Thorkoye compared to Grockitty, that's an excellent change.
    **This was partly triggered by the 4BW cover from High Stakes adding a Saved cover to 5BW, so they were both in position to give me an LT.
  • shap328
    shap328 Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Last 3 vaults:

Venom Bomb: Pulled 4* Miles, Venom, and Prowler.
    Strange Sights: Got the daily deal for 100 CP, got 4* Sabretooth
    Savory Tokens: 4* Kingpin and 1,000 CP

Not necessarily a "moment" but this is the best run of luck I've had in quite some time, if ever.
  • Steel_Colt
    Steel_Colt Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    shap328 said:
    Last 3 vaults:

Not necessarily a "moment" but this is the best run of luck I've had in quite some time, if ever.
    I am truly jealous of your Taco Vault. I wish mine had 1000 CP in it. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    shap328 said:
    Last 3 vaults:

I am truly jealous of your Taco Vault. I wish mine had 1000 CP in it. 
    I'd settle for 10CP in mine!
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP said:
    Finding someone with lvl990 Storm and MBW :lol: (And they won the LR.. )
    Does a Level 990 MBW team up stun the opposing player for several weeks?
  • ZootSax
    After skipping past the legion of Grocket + Kitty + warm body teams above 1,400 pts in the season simulator on my path to 75 wins I found myself up against an under-covered 5* Thanos, Lv271 Coulson and Devil Dinosaur team.  Needless to say, I went with the mirror match, finished off the Mad Titan with a Dino chomp and am now holding fast with that as my new defensive team.  Here’s hoping for similarly-janky counterattacks. :)

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP said:
    Finding someone with lvl990 Storm and MBW :lol: (And they won the LR.. )

Correction: upon closer inspection.. they're actually lvl 9900. And now they're replaced by lvl 9900 IM35 and 2* Hawkeye

I assume they were reported....
  • TPF Alexis
    I got the Black Cat cover in my Strange Sights vault! Gonna be able to champ her next week :smile:
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2019
    My first Venom Bomb token landed the Miles Morales cover so I saved the rest of my token for post event for better 4* odds.
    From 9 tokens I hit 2 more 4*s: Deadpool and Black Panther.
  • ZootSax
    For the first time since wins-based progression was introduced to PVP, I actually achieved 2,000 points in the season simulator before hitting 75 wins (I was at 65 wins).  I got up to 1,996 and used a 3hr shield to make sure the last opponent would be worth enough points, but it seemed worth it since my Black Cat didn't have a purple cover before this.

My apologies to the guy or gal running 5* Thanos, Carol & Bishop on defense for triple-hitting you, but even after rebooting during my shield you were the only non-Gritty-Bishop team of the four teams MMR allowed me to target.   I'm already down to 1700 points,  after only a couple hours, so hopefully they got some of their points back, unless they, too, are just free-falling like me.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    I was going to come here to mention how everything alligned for me to get four 4*s champed this past week.
    The SpiderHam offer finished him off.
    Venom Bomb gave me what Sabertooth needed.
    The round rewards from Sinister Six took care of Black Cat.
    And placement from Strange Sights was just what Ronin ordered.
    Now only Taskmaster and Mysterio are not champed in the 4* tier.

But a funny thing happened before I applied the Ronin covers.
    Spending the tokens from Strange Sights in the vault I lucked into an Eddie Venom and had 1 token left.
    Normally when I hit a 4* in a vault I wait on any more tokens to go post event before using them (see 2 posts above).
    But since the event is over and it was just 1 token, I decided to just use it now.
    Boom! Legendary Token!
    I'd say that makes up for my 2nd straight 11th place finish.