3.6 Release Notes (7/17/19)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin

3.6 Release Notes

New Planeswalker

Fblthp, the Lost

"Fblthp's uncanny ability to find himself lost in the strangest and most absurd places now extends to the planes. His spark ignited during the conflict with Nicol Bolas and threw him in a unpredictable journey through the worlds of Magic. With little control of his newfound abilities, whenever he planeswalks, he has no idea where he is going to end up.

He shows up in Ravnica and sells the things he found on his journey to ensure his descendants can afford to petition Ravnica's Senate once the time comes."

Max Level Stats

New Event

Planechasing Fblthp (PvE)

Fblthp, the Lost homunculus, has been spotted! Now you must hurry and try to catch him, and help him to control his rampant spark. If you succeed, Fblthp will be happy to share the rarest of his findings with you (for a price).

Planechasing Fblthp is a fun and casual event where players play against Fblthp, The Lost. Each instance of the event only has 2 nodes and lasts 18 hours, but each time it’s run, there will be 2 different nodes for players to try. Each time this event appears, the special node rules are different. Try each one to find out where Fblthp managed to get lost this time. You will have 4 charges on each node to help him.

During the event, players will also have access to exclusive content in the special store section, "Fblthp's Findings": a new Planeswalker, full art cards, and alternate-art cards. By completing all of a node's secondary objectives, you will unlock the special findings associated with that node.

Have a good planechase!

New Card Artwork

Speaking of new card artwork, starting in 3.6, we’ll be introducing not only cards that feature the full artwork, but also Japanese alternate-art cards as well. Here are some of the cards unlocked via the Planechasing Fblthp event, and you can take a look at them below:

(Please Note: These cards are considered individual separate cards, so when you’re creating a deck, you will need to choose between the standard artwork card or its full/alternate art card.)

Loop Control System

A while back, we implemented the Loop Prevention System in an effort to prevent infinite loops from occurring. With the 3.6 update, we're making a few adjustments to it based on player feedback. 

You can check out the full blog post detailing the new Loop Control System HERE

General Changes

• VIP Tier will now only increase by renewing either an existing Pro or Master Membership Plan.
  • Trial of the Planes: The booster pack reward for all versions of this event has been changed from RNA packs to WAR packs.
  • Vanguard Card Hint has been changed to include the following highlighted text: "This card is Legendary. While it's on the board, it can't be affected..."

Card Balance Changes

• Ajani's Pridemate
    • Description: Added "Partner: Gain 2 life."
  • Commence the Endgame 
    • Mana Cost: 16 -> 14
  • Diamond Mare
    • P/T: 2/4 -> 4/5
  • Dreadhorde Arcanist
    • Mana Cost: 17 -> 12
  • Enter the God-Eternals
    • Mana Cost: 16 -> 15
  • Feather, the Redeemed
    • Mana Cost: 14 -> 10
  • Neheb, Dreadhorde Champion
    • Mana Cost: 16 -> 14
  • Parhelion II 
    • Mana Cost: 26 -> 22
  • Planewide Celebration
    • Mana Cost: 18 -> 15
  • Roalesk, Apex Hybrid
    • Mana Cost: 22 -> 15
  • Sphinx of New Pravh
    • Description: "...increase the cost of the first card in your opponent's hand by 2" -> "...increase the cost of the first card in your opponent's hand by 3"
    • Mana Cost: 14 -> 11
  • Storrev, Devkarin Lich
    • Mana Cost: 14 -> 13
  • Teferi's Time Twist (Technically a fix, but big enough impact to warrant listing it within Changes section)
    • Description: "...return it to the battlefield under your control. That creature gets +1/+1" -> "...return it to the battlefield under your control. Then, this creature gets +1/+1."

Bug Fixes

• Tamiyo, Field Researcher's Seek the Truth ability no longer activates when the player selects the Not Now button on the targeting prompt.
  • Dreadhorde Arcanist now correctly gives Mana equal to its Power, as opposed to the difference between its Power and the Spell's Mana Cost.
  • Vivien's Invocation now correctly casts and deals damage to the opponent's first creature.
  • The "Your membership plan ends soon. Access now to manage your plan." push notification no longer displays after force-closing the game, if the player is on a new account and does not have an active VIP Membership Plan.

Comments

• Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,607 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tomorrow, perhaps.
  • dj55
    dj55 Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    starfall said:
    It's about time we had some glamming up going on in this game!
    I agree! I love some of the stuff they do in MTG Arena. It's cool to see a little of that type of thing here :smile:
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yay, awesome new event idea!  I sure hope it works :D

Based on the Bugs forum I expected more bug fixes to appear here, though.  Are there any fixes that are being left off the list for some reason?
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lots of cool new things here! Thanks!

• ArielSira
    ArielSira Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    So glad Vivinvocation is fixed (well, haven't tried it yet but fingers crossed).
  • Azerack
    Azerack Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    I'm impressed that one of my suggestions actually saw the light of day (the alternate art), HOWEVER... I see that the first cards are mostly what?.. Vanguard supports... 

SO, unless we're actually getting those cards in the "Lost" event, you're trying even MORE to have us spend jewels on potential duplicate vanguard cards? :neutral:

Great idea, poor start, IMHO..

I honestly had to remind myself it was July and not April 1st when I saw Fblthp as a PW, though...  :smiley:

• Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,607 Chairperson of the Boards
    @brigby - Any changes to the vanguard pack, e.g. is it still possible to get duplicate cards?
  • DumasAG
    DumasAG Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Vanguard packs still issue dupes though?
  • ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    Also, if I had to pick what needed buffs from this last set, it would be the Vanguards...  They are overall quite underwhelming for their rarity, acquisition cost (pinks), and casting costs in game...
  • fiirst
    fiirst Posts: 438 Mover and Shaker
    I love Totally Lost PW and Loop Control System :blush:

Looking forward to see Bug Control System :smile::wink:
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2019
    Looks like with 3.6 Masterpieces now have a special border when viewed in your hand.

I like it!

I just don't get why this wasn't included in the release notes.  Not like its particularly hard to write up or something controversial you'd want to sneak by.

[[MOD NOTE]] Merged feedback on missing info from release notes into release notes.  BK
  • Matthew
    Matthew Posts: 605 Critical Contributor
    Yeah, this was a really cool change that I enjoyed seeing. Little bits like this are nice additions to the game.
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    starfall said:
    I like those little touches like the Masterpiece borders, they give me a little joy...

... but fixing in game lag would give me MONTHS of joy. Every time I play a game. Fix that instead.
    What game lag? I play the game on both iPhone and Android and short of the fact that the opening sequence seems infinite - in game play is clean and fast. 
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    bken1234 said:
    starfall said:
    I like those little touches like the Masterpiece borders, they give me a little joy...

... but fixing in game lag would give me MONTHS of joy. Every time I play a game. Fix that instead.
    What game lag? I play the game on both iPhone and Android and short of the fact that the opening sequence seems infinite - in game play is clean and fast. 
    Well
    .. I like servos. A normal turn with tez 3 can take enough loading time for the Screensaver to activate itself
  • DumasAG
    DumasAG Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    starfall said:
    bken1234 said:
    starfall said:

Well, I admit that having just got a brand new phone, the game is a little smoother. Also, with the appallingly slow load times, I'm not about to go and do a bunch of testing, so, I'll get back to you on further specifics (probably when we play some Legacy events). But, in general: fetching and mass gem conversion tend to cause stuttering, and Vanguards cause pauses in gameplay.
    I’m so confused by the load time complaints, because I have yet to experience any issues with load time. On average how long do y’all have to wait for a match to begin?