CoTT - Ghost vs Black Widow

3/3/2 Ghost. I wasn't really expecting to win this one, just testing the waters to see if a win felt likely. 

I had the most flat-out ridiculous run of good luck I've gotten in months. The board started with a 5-match purple, which I turned into a 5-match red, which turned into *another* 5-match purple. Couple of rounds later, a 5-match blue (by which point BW has notably fewer hit points than my Ghost). Went invisible, managed to keep my countdown tile safe, then had enough red AP to down BW.

Got an X-23 from the token, which gave me another token, since I champed her recently, which gave me a Bishop with a bonus Professor X cover. Champed X, and got *another* token, which gave me a Blade.

I feel like I should stay inside for a while, because if I step outside, there's every chance I'm gonna get hit by lightning. ;)

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Champed Ghost. Didn't even get to go Invisible, match damage pretty much did it all. I did fire off red as a finisher, but didn't really need to.
    Token waiting for the next Season rotation.
  • Tarelgeth
    Tarelgeth Posts: 67 Match Maker
    2/4/2 level 173.  I think this is the first matchup I've won fairly without having to lean on Chewie.  It's just a race to purple, go invisible before she starts throwing powers around.  Once invisible, just protect your tile and collect more purple to stay safe.  Match damage will do most of it, Widow isn't high health, but her powers are pretty high damage and will rip a good hole in you if they hit.

Token got me.. a Ghost cover.
  • thechairman
    thechairman Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    2 tries for a champed ghost. Almost had it on the first try making zero purple matches, but the widow got a couple super cascades letting her fire off 1 of each skill. Second try I was able to go invisible, match invisibility tiles to heal and win with zero health missing.

Chulk to 283
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    Champed Ghost match damaged Widow to death and then cruelly dumped her off a cliff FOR NO GOOD REASON, why, why WHY, god, WHY?!?!?!?!!? It should have been the arrow guy!!! Curse you Marvel!

Sorry...

Uhm, yeah, match damage.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    Champed Ghost match damaged Widow to death and then cruelly dumped her off a cliff FOR NO GOOD REASON, why, why WHY, god, WHY?!?!?!?!!? It should have been the arrow guy!!! Curse you Marvel!
    The arrow guy AND his terrible, terrible haircut.
  • froggerjohn
    froggerjohn Posts: 373 Mover and Shaker
    Poor Natasha. Things would have gone poorly for her anyway against a champed Ghost, but the Q-Realm support gave me +5 purple to start, and the board gave me a match-5. Thus I was invisible on turn 1, and this fight was over before it started.

The 5/2/3 level 209 on my alt got a bit more of a test, but Ghost match damage did the job. Never even grabbed enough purple to get invisible on that one.

If you have an under-leveled Ghost, this is a great fight to bring the Blue/Purple match damage boost (and red too while you're at it), which for most players is probably sitting on the max 30. Because it's a percentage increase, it will have proportionally greater value with Ghost's high base damage. That and a +1 purple AP (so only three matches to invisibility) should make this doable with low-level characters.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    My level 144 5/5/3 Ghost had a pretty good board - Widow had trouble gathering anything but blue, and I managed to get enough red fairly early. To make sure it was a one-shot for red, I made sure to collect enough purple to go invisible first. 
    My reward was a champ level for good ol' Professor X. 
  • Feliz
    Feliz Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Weak as ghost but with boosted all colours as well as blue/purple boost she quickly went invisible. Then I collected lots of purple and avoided 'popping' my invisible tiles. :) easy
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 said:
    Yeah and it looks like he had that done ON PURPOSE! I orginally figured he was getting a haircut when the snap happened and he had to finish it himself when his barber got dusted. But no.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was genuinely surprised that Wasp, or even Scott Lang, wasn't the 1v1 opponent, but it really didn't matter.  As the recent 1v1 node fights in Spider-Man's new PVE taught me, Ghost is probably the queen of 1v1 in 4* land.  Anyway, with her Lv271 at 3/5/5 it took one try and I even was able to delay winning with off-color matches to allow the invisibility to kick in and power cycle enough red for a finisher.  

The LT gave me a Mr Fantastic.

DAZ0273 said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Yeah and it looks like he had that done ON PURPOSE! I orginally figured he was getting a haircut when the snap happened and he had to finish it himself when his barber got dusted. But no.

At least MPQ was kind enough to put him in a scalp-covering hood for in-game animations.

• DAZ0273
    ZootSax said:
    I was genuinely surprised that Wasp, or even Scott Lang, wasn't the 1v1 opponent, but it really didn't matter.  As the recent 1v1 node fights in Spider-Man's new PVE taught me, Ghost is probably the queen of 1v1 in 4* land.  Anyway, with her Lv271 at 3/5/5 it took one try and I even was able to delay winning with off-color matches to allow the invisibility to kick in and power cycle enough red for a finisher.  

The LT gave me a Mr Fantastic.

DAZ0273 said:
    DAZ0273 said:

At least MPQ was kind enough to put him in a scalp-covering hood for in-game animations.

Yes, thank you Marvel Puzzle Quest. Although I bet his free attack tiles for matching red are just a result of him taking his hood off...