Pve node placement

Options
bluewolf
bluewolf Posts: 5,293 Chairperson of the Boards
Please consider taking a pass at all the older PVEs and rearranging their placement. Hulk sub 2 is difficult to select the proper node because some are so close together.

This seems (?) like a low effort fix to improve UI.

Thank you.

Comments

• babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Just came to post the same comment.

I play on Steam PC and the only way to select the "Hulk Sighting: Greenland V" node in sub 2 is to click on the empty space to the upper right of it.   Clicking on the Node itself as you logically would instead loads up the new 5* Essential.

That's not the only case where this is a problem but it does illustrate the most extreme case of the issue.  Please review ALL subs if you intend to correct this in the future.

Thank you.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Thirded.

Strange Sights suffers from the same problem.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hulk: Greenland has always had an issue with this if you have a smaller screen, but it's really bad now with the 5* node there.
  • Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 352 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I agree!  I like it best when there's a visible line on the map connecting the six basic nodes, and the bonus nodes set a reasonable distance away from them.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah they messed up the 5* node placement on that one for sure.

I also agree many need a re-arrange.  Some seemed to do well and follow the pattern the other did, others just look like they threw a dart at the map screen...  It would be nice to get hem all more tastefully arranged.   (while you're at it can fix some of the awful ordered ones in general like HoD sub 3)
  • haro63
    haro63 Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Options
    And here I thought it was just my fatfingers trying to pick that one node next to the 5* node...
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,293 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I realize this is a bit of a bump on a necro thread but the issue has not been addressed, at all, in the almost 2 years since I first posted this.

And Strange Sights is running again, and is one of the worst offenders.

So I'm commenting/bumping it as an ongoing concern that would be nice to see addressed.  Seems to me to be something that could be a QOL change, but not cost (much) money besides the dev time to rearrange some maps.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Strange Sights definitely a pain with the 5e overlap.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I was also reminded earlier that there's a similar issue when trying to use health packs. It's way too easy to end up selecting the character on the left rather than applying a health pack to one of the others. Getting those hit boxes separated a bit more would be really nice, too.