Medusa's Entanglement creating 4 attack tiles [Investigating]

optimus2861
optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
Here's a new one. Yesterday I observed on multiple occasions that destroying Medusa's Entanglement tile by means other than a direct match (such as a match 4 destroying a row or column) would cause the passive ability to fire twice, creating a total of four attack tiles instead of two. Matching the tile would create two tiles as normal. 
Tagged:

Comments

• Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    @optimus2861
    That does sound strange. There might be an explanation, but we'd need to investigate. Could you please send a ticket to Customer Support and include the characters that made up both teams along with any screenshots you might have taken? 
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'll see if I can replicate it then. I don't have any of that info handy now. I'm fairly sure I was using Strange, Okoye and Medusa to take on some goons. Maybe Carnage was on the enemy team too, but I'm not sure. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I saw that happen this morning as well, in High Stakes. I was running Grocket, Kitty, and (of course) Blad3, against Blade, Medusa, and Okoye. Can't really recall any details other than that.
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    I noticed this happening VERY sporadically.  It wasn't consistently spawning 4.  It was very rare.  I normally run Thorkoye + Medusa as my speed clearing team on the harder PvE nodes and have a lot of chances for it to occur.  I did notice one occurence over the weekend and noted the situation:
    1. The Entanglement tile was matched away
    2. The fist tiles were generated
    3. Multiple Cascades resolved
    4. One of those cascades involved matching in the same location where the Entanglement tile was originally (it actually did 2-3 more matches at that spot)
    5. once all cascades had resolved, 2 more fist tiles generated.

Dunno if that's entirely what causes it or even how to replicate that as it takes random cascades to cause it, but it's all I got for now.

(flagging the modmin that asked about it earlier up thread since this is over a week old @Tombstone )
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    It also "works" if the tile is fortified, matched, and then matched away on the same turn.  I think this particular instance is how the tile *should* work, though.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,902 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2019
    Happened to me twice tonight during my first climb to 1300 in Shield Sim. It's the first time I've seen it since reading this post a few days ago.

Both times it happened when my Medusa's CD was destroyed via a match 4 destroying the row (not matching as part of the match 4). The AI did it once on it's turn and I did it once on mine. 2 attack tiles are placed immediately and then 2 more after all the cascades/tiles resolve from the match 4.

This is the first time I've seen it and I run GrockMorDusa literally every day in PvE but I haven't played much PvP lately due to life commitments. So I wonder if it's only in PvP and not in PvE (note I was also using GrockMorDusa in Shield Sim).

I'll be finishing my DP vs MPQ shortly and I'll see if I can manage to destroy her CD via a match 4 and see if it happens in PvE.  Late note: It happens in PvE too as I got it to happen in Deadpool vs MPQ again on a match 4 destroying the CD.

KGB

P.S. This is one of those bugs (like Visions Blue from a couple years back) that I am happy to never have fixed :)
  • TPF Alexis
    Happened again at one point in my final Sim climb. Vertical match-4 that did not include the Entanglement tile, it flashed once where the tile was, and then once again where it would have fallen if it had been Fortified.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2019
    Just happened to me with a horizontal match-4.  The tile was not fortified, as my team was 2-star Captain Marvel (required for the node) Okoye, and Medusa (giving Thor a bit of a rest).  The issue still exists, although it was in my favor.  This time, anyway. :)

Edit - Happened again, in the same match, with another horizontal match-4.  This time, the enemy team made the match, so it can be triggered by either team.
  • TPF Alexis
    Just had something similar happen that might be related. Final node of Thick as Thieves, Medusa/Grocket/Kitty vs. Hood and CMags. Medusa's Countdown was Fortified, and it was in the line of a match-4, but not part of the match-4 itself, but it created Attack tiles anyhow, even tho it was not actually matched or destroyed.
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    @optimus2861
    @TPF Alexis

Hey everyone. Thanks for taking the time to report this issue. Matching a fortified Entanglement tile is intended to trigger the effect. As for the other issues, I've made the team aware, and they are investigating. Please send a ticket to CS if you've noticed strange behavior with the Entanglement tile. 
  • TPF Alexis
    Tombstone said:
    @optimus2861
    @TPF Alexis

Hey everyone. Thanks for taking the time to report this issue. Matching a fortified Entanglement tile is intended to trigger the effect. As for the other issues, I've made the team aware, and they are investigating. Please send a ticket to CS if you've noticed strange behavior with the Entanglement tile. 
    Yeah, if it had been part of the match-4 itself, that would have been normal, as I understand it. But if it's Fortified and not actually part of the match, historically, it hasn't triggered.
  • TPF Alexis
    4* Deadpool's Countdown for What tiles are also double-proccing when part of a line clear match. Possibly 5* Daredevil's Hand to Hand tile as well.